Community Events

Forum for the Hangman 2020 Contest

Hangman 2020 Discussion

• JewlezJewlez309,865
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 20:39Permalink
    Timww572 said:
    Jewlez said:
    Forgive me if this is completely wrong as I’m useless at working this stuff out.

It’s currently 9pm in the U.K. and UTC is one hour behind so it’s 8pm UTC.

So if I unlocked achievements this morning at 10:30am it would of been 9:30am UTC so my achievements should of counted in the competition?
    The achievements have timestamps and were scanned in before the cutoff, so they should have counted. I know the countdown on the leaderboard showed the contest ending at 8am UTC. The countdown was fixed, but it might have caused some issues.
    Oh thats sucks about the incorrect end time I made sure to scan as soon as I unlocked them so they would count in the competition.
  • Burnah BrosBurnah Bros269,853
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 21:59Permalink
    This site and community are awesome! I want to thank all the people who write and contribute to all the great walkthrough's here on TA. These on site guides are very useful and helpful. Also all the excellent solutions from the community are a big help. And the comments on the solutions are helpful as well and contain some great tips from the community. If it wasn't for all the awesome and helpful people here in the TA community I would have struggled to complete 1 phrase much less 25 phrases. I hadn't played most of these games in years, some not at all prior. This contest reminded me how much fun many of the games in my backlog/collection are to play. I really enjoyed Hangman and I would not have had as much fun if it wasn't for all of you out there being a part of this awesome site and community. I appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you for improving my gaming experience :)
    Burnah Bros
  • InfernalRoadkilInfernalRoadkil1,065,502
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 22:32Permalink
    Burnah Bros said:
    This site and community are awesome! I want to thank all the people who write and contribute to all the great walkthrough's here on TA. These on site guides are very useful and helpful. Also all the excellent solutions from the community are a big help. And the comments on the solutions are helpful as well and contain some great tips from the community. If it wasn't for all the awesome and helpful people here in the TA community I would have struggled to complete 1 phrase much less 25 phrases. I hadn't played most of these games in years, some not at all prior. This contest reminded me how much fun many of the games in my backlog/collection are to play. I really enjoyed Hangman and I would not have had as much fun if it wasn't for all of you out there being a part of this awesome site and community. I appreciate each and every one of you. Thank you for improving my gaming experience :)
    Well said. Ditto!
  • J PinderJ Pinder448,078
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 23:06Permalink
    Does anyone know when the next challenge will go live? It sounded like the general plan was to set up another back-to-back.
  • ITS ALivExITS ALivEx137,453
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 02:06Permalink
    Curtieson said:
    How did you force recalc the Hangman game? Or you mean you forced the scanner to check for achievements..

I ended with an I then an O before I went to sleep last night. The O, which I earned last, showed but the "I" didnt even compute as a guess. Not sure what's up with that. My feed looks fine, it just looks like Hangman skipped a guess.
    Yes force scan, the term to check for achievements manually over the daily/pro site update.

I always try to save a couple scans for the final day of contests. There have been hiccups in the past, or masses trying to force scan prior to timer expiry. It usually occurs for the competitive events not the community challenges as much. In this instance when I manually scanned, the updater said 7 people in queue. It went down to 3 within seconds, and stuck there past (what I thought) the event cutoff.

My guess when the timer was corrected by the site there was no recheck on the phrases to see what was already scanned. As my gamer page showed the achievements, but the phrase was incomplete. Another force scan this time updated the phrase. Alas, a good idea to keep a few scans for the day of.

It sucks a little on a personal level to not have what you completed show up. I lined up Defense Grid 2 to unlock the final three letters simultaneously. I really wanted my phrase to show completed.
    "Every argument you make has probably been debated into the ground, back up and down into it again" -Dr Doppelklick
  • Slayer ReigningSlayer Reigning1,450,428
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 02:45Permalink
    J Pinder said:
    Does anyone know when the next challenge will go live? It sounded like the general plan was to set up another back-to-back.
    wink
    But now your Reign is over / And it's all up to me / I'm gonna show you what I mean
  • UnwiltingUnwilting156,178
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 06:34Permalink
    Slayer Reigning said:
    J Pinder said:
    wink
    Please have mercy on us, sir.
  • Posted on 23 May 20 at 08:25Permalink
    J Pinder said:
    Soon™
    Join the Random To Do List monthly challenge! https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1183836
  • LancerideLanceride350,797
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 17:42Permalink
    Okay, I'm gonna make one last request for a Club 108 update. I forget who normally does them, but I suppose I could do it myself if I need to. I suppose I'm just lazy. lol
  • Timww572Timww572813,652
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 18:05Permalink
    Lanceride said:
    Okay, I'm gonna make one last request for a Club 108 update. I forget who normally does them, but I suppose I could do it myself if I need to. I suppose I'm just lazy. lol
    All of the 108 completed the Hangman challenge.
  • LancerideLanceride350,797
    Posted on 24 May 20 at 03:29Permalink
    Timww572 said:
    Lanceride said:
    All of the 108 completed the Hangman challenge.
    Well that is good news! And not too surprising.
  • Slayer ReigningSlayer Reigning1,450,428
    Posted on 24 May 20 at 03:55Permalink
    Lanceride said:
    AlbinoKidELITE's blog post - Club 108 - The List
    But now your Reign is over / And it's all up to me / I'm gonna show you what I mean
  • Posted on 24 May 20 at 21:00Permalink
    Burnah Bros said:
    Well said bro
    Daniel Jackson/ultramarine360
  • Posted on 24 May 20 at 21:02Permalink
    Be nice to see a facty article about the competition like who got the achievement with the highest TA score. A reworked leaderboard based on ta score and gamerscore. Etc
    Daniel Jackson/ultramarine360
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.