Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

May's Games With Gold include Overlord II and V-Rally 4

• Posted on 30 April 20 at 14:27Permalink
    Same old comments section as every month, someone doesn't like the games and gets jumped all over by a bunch of self righteous dicks who think they're better than them because free automatically means you have no right to an opinion on the games in their eyes.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • Lord MidasLord Midas274,838
    Posted on 30 April 20 at 14:58Permalink
    woo.
    I even got my name on the credits for Overlord II
    Was fun testing that.
    Would you kindly
  • Vok 250Vok 250224,414
    Posted on 30 April 20 at 17:00Permalink
    Games we likely don't own, but that's because they aren't very great games...

As an Overlord fan, the second one sucks balls.
  • SveinpusSveinpus136,066
    Posted on 30 April 20 at 18:36Permalink
    Sensible Soccer! Played it a lot on Amiga and PC :D
  • SveinpusSveinpus136,066
    Posted on 30 April 20 at 18:37Permalink
    Lord Midas said:
    woo.
    I even got my name on the credits for Overlord II
    Was fun testing that.
    Cool smile
  • MizerisMoneyMizerisMoney459,659
    Posted on 30 April 20 at 19:58Permalink
    Interested in V-rally. Can anybody tell me how it plays and how hard the cheevos are?
  • Astral ArrayAstral Array365,118
    Posted on 02 May 20 at 06:03Permalink
    Maybe prophecy will be half off for W40k Inquisitor Martyr.
  • Posted on 09 May 20 at 10:00Permalink
    Sensible World of Soccer for me. Memories come back as I played this on the Amiga PC of a childhood friend. Ahh, the 90's :D. I have to do the online achievements fast but should be no problem I guess. Whole game is an easy completion.
    Stylish Laziness
  • misterman08misterman08758,601
    Posted on 11 May 20 at 23:04Permalink
    MizerisMoney said:
    Interested in V-rally. Can anybody tell me how it plays and how hard the cheevos are?
    The online is basically dead and overall the game is quite difficult...check out the solutions for some of the championships as the better you do the harder the AI is...you can dumb the AI down to 0 for the single races but once you start a championship the AI is a minimum of 50
  • DingadillyDingadilly1,309,988
    Posted on 16 May 20 at 12:54Permalink
    Cannot connect to the nepcore servers. Please try again later. Yeah I should've seen this coming.
  • Dre4mKidDre4mKid4,010
    Posted on 16 May 20 at 16:39Permalink
    Loving the V-Rally 4 really much! Hooked. So gooood.
  • RevRico420RevRico420148,215
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 17:24Permalink
    So it hasn't been letting me install Overlord 2. Anyone else?

I've bought games since it went games with gold, and eveyrthing else is working, but regardless of payment method, or place I try to download it, I get a message saying it can't complete the purchase.

I've tried downloading from here, xbox.com, on my One X, and they all fail.
  • MizerisMoneyMizerisMoney459,659
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 17:41Permalink
    misterman08 said:
    MizerisMoney said:
    The online is basically dead and overall the game is quite difficult...check out the solutions for some of the championships as the better you do the harder the AI is...you can dumb the AI down to 0 for the single races but once you start a championship the AI is a minimum of 50
    Yeah, I've been playing it multiplayer is trash and doesnt work. Everybody has to ready up to start a race and sometimes it doesn't start. Best bet is to have a boosting friend. Very rarely do races work with more than 3 or 4 people. They need to fix it.
  • Algarve6775Algarve6775462,505
    Posted on 24 May 20 at 14:21Permalink
    RevRico420 said:

I've bought games since it went games with gold, and eveyrthing else is working, but regardless of payment method, or place I try to download it, I get a message saying it can't complete the purchase.

I got the same problem here.
  • atryeu1atryeu1242,902
    Posted on 24 May 20 at 18:01, Edited on 25 May 20 at 04:10 by atryeu1Permalink
    Algarve6775 said:
    RevRico420 said:

I got the same problem here.
    I downloaded Overlord 2 just fine the night it became available (from 360). I can't get the online to work though. Tried with somebody a couple times and most of the time it will freeze the entire console to the point it needs to be rebooted, sometimes it would be just the game but usually the entire console. Once or twice it just failed to hold the connection though. Tried again last night finally and exact same problems still so we both gave up after it froze both our consoles :( I'll just be doing the offline achievements and not bother with the 5 online ones I guess anymore.

Editing to add a note! Be careful playing this game and pay attention to when achievements should unlock. I should have unlocked the gnome one earlier. The quest marked completed but the achievement never came up and I figured I'd have to redo it on my 2nd playthrough. I continued on and came to where a story achievement should have came up and it never did either. Going into a teleport I went back to forge a weapon and that didn't either. Shutting the game down and restarting it fixed the problem but over an hour of progress was lost. Just a heads up for anybody else playing, keep an eye on achievements in case yours glitches as well :( Keep multiple saves just in case. I'm glad I was...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.