Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

The Hangman Community Challenge Is Now Replayable

  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm364,098
    Posted on 08 May 20 at 14:32Permalink
    I have a question. I have one life left. Does that mean I fail the challenge if my next guess is wrong? Or do I continue the challenge with zero lives remaining and fail the challenge if the guess after that is also wrong?

    The challenge itself was very easy to guess. Coming up with the achievements was a little more tricky. Nevertheless, I saw that the TA playlist game would give me both the K and the V that I needed to complete it successfully.. I'm on track to acquire the last letter, V, before I get any more incorrect guesses, so I'm asking the question out of curiosity and not because I am desperate to squeeze out an additional guess.
  • Dark BearcatDark Bearcat357,778
    Posted on 08 May 20 at 18:19Permalink
    I would vote for this and the crab challenge (my favorite) to continue in some sort of league format. Leagues formed randomly to start. Promotion/relegation each season. Lets the hard core achievement hunters compete against like competitors and more casual achievement hunters like myself compete against the same. Maybe league seasons run 1-2 months.

    The talk of leaderboards in this contest (or other one off contests) is great for the hardcore but are of no interest to those of us who just don't have the time to compete at the highest levels.

    Leagues in the format I mention or something similar can scratch the achievement itch for all levels of competitors.
  • Posted on 09 May 20 at 03:02Permalink
    Allgorhythm said:
    I have a question. I have one life left. Does that mean I fail the challenge if my next guess is wrong? Or do I continue the challenge with zero lives remaining and fail the challenge if the guess after that is also wrong?

    The challenge itself was very easy to guess. Coming up with the achievements was a little more tricky. Nevertheless, I saw that the TA playlist game would give me both the K and the V that I needed to complete it successfully.. I'm on track to acquire the last letter, V, before I get any more incorrect guesses, so I'm asking the question out of curiosity and not because I am desperate to squeeze out an additional guess.
    Your hangman is fully drawn. One more wrong guess and he's dead.
    Join the Random To Do List monthly challenge! https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1183836
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm364,098
    Posted on 09 May 20 at 13:46Permalink
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:
    Your hangman is fully drawn. One more wrong guess and he's dead.
    Thanks. I'll be working on that V achievement to get a last-minute stay of execution. redface
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm364,098
  • Posted on 10 May 20 at 02:55Permalink
    Allgorhythm said:😳😧👏
    Join the Random To Do List monthly challenge! https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1183836
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm364,098
    Posted on 16 May 20 at 00:37, Edited on 16 May 20 at 11:21 by BeanpotterPermalink
    For the third time, the easy-to-guess not-so-secret phrase contains a V. First it was Redacted. Next, it was Redacted. Now, it's Redacted.

    The RNG curse that has plagued me in the games I play has followed me to community events. Well, I'm up to the challenge and will try to figure out how best to tackle the Redacted 'secret' phrase.

    Mod Edit: We're still not revealing phrases, thx.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.