Game Discussion: Assassin's Creed Pirates (WP)

Are Achievements dead for this game now?

• Posted on 04 May 20 at 05:43, Edited on 04 May 20 at 05:43 by HyruleBalverine
    I go back and forth I'm some of my games, and have started playing this again. Just hit hundred percent on one of the map locations and the achievement did not pop. It also appears that the button or link or whatever you want to call it to see the achievements no longer works. I know Microsoft has given up on their Windows phones, and most of if not all of their support for them. Did they just flat-out turn off all the achievements for the games we've downloaded? Are all of these Achievements no longer attainable?
  • Bastian ReaderBastian Reader1,717,962
    Posted on 04 May 20 at 05:49, Edited on 04 May 20 at 05:49 by Bastian Reader
    HyruleBalverine said:
    I go back and forth I'm some of my games, and have started playing this again. Just hit hundred percent on one of the map locations and the achievement did not pop. It also appears that the button or link or whatever you want to call it to see the achievements no longer works. I know Microsoft has given up on their Windows phones, and most of if not all of their support for them. Did they just flat-out turn off all the achievements for the games we've downloaded? Are all of these Achievements no longer attainable?
    Are you using a WP8 or a WP10? WP8 no longer works for achievements. WP10 still works just fine for achievements. I popped some WP achievements today on my WP10.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,670,052
    Posted on 04 May 20 at 05:50
    No they did not turn off achievements, everything still connects to LIVE. I believe WP7/8 devices have been having achievements issues for several months, but WP10 I haven't heard about having problems.

Microsoft discontinued support and updates, and shut down the store on non-10 devices. They didn't kill the services.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Posted on 04 May 20 at 06:08
    I restarted the game a couple of times and it finally connected to the Xbox Live system and the achievement popped. I think I'm going to have to focus on this game a little more to get my last handful of achievements for it before it truly breaks. Thanks for the reply!
  • Johnny Fl3xJohnny Fl3x1,013,763
    Posted on 04 May 20 at 07:33
    So is this game still possible to download from a win10 phone?
    Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,670,052
    Posted on 04 May 20 at 13:25
    I believe so, if you already owned it. It was removed from the store, but WP10 devices can download most delisted stuff
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Johnny Fl3xJohnny Fl3x1,013,763
    Posted on 04 May 20 at 18:45
    Well if that's the case, I might just have to find me a WP phone again.
    Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
  • BreezyPath0BreezyPath0260,324
    Posted on 18 September 20 at 13:01
    We've been trying to find a download for a year and haven't had much luck. There are people downloading the game and completing it from time to time but we haven't been able to figure out how they're doing it.
  • te5s3raktte5s3rakt556,296
    Posted on 19 September 20 at 12:53, Edited on 19 September 20 at 12:54 by te5s3rakt
    try emailing them?
    i tracked down a .xap few months ago. just tried to install it and got a "Installation of the application failed. Run time error has occurred. Fix the Capabilities in WMAppManifest.xml file" error though.
    any "more app dev knowledgable folk" out there that have a clue what that means?
    Posted on 21 March 21 at 02:03
    anyone have any luck or advise?

pm me
  • TrombonafideTrombonafide1,484,569
    Posted on 31 March 21 at 13:25
    There's a thread on Reddit of a group compiling game files and developing apps for Windows Phone. It enabled me to re-download a few delisted games. You should be able to find it on the r/windowsphone subreddit. I'll see if I can locate it again.
    Posted on 31 March 21 at 13:59
    Trombonafide said:
    There's a thread on Reddit of a group compiling game files and developing apps for Windows Phone. It enabled me to re-download a few delisted games. You should be able to find it on the r/windowsphone subreddit. I'll see if I can locate it again.
    discovered that subreddit toast and the telegram group on it. going to give a Pirates install a shot on the weekend compute
  • TrombonafideTrombonafide1,484,569
    Posted on 31 March 21 at 14:19
    te5s3rakt said:
    Trombonafide said:
    discovered that subreddit toast and the telegram group on it. going to give a Pirates install a shot on the weekend compute
    Best of luck!
  • Kyotic GBabyKyotic GBaby2,012,730
    Posted on 07 July 21 at 20:25
    only game i havent been able to redownload on my w10, if someone can shot me in the direction i need to go, id be grateful.
    Life is to short too worry about tomorrow so GAME TODAY.
  • Emerald AxerEmerald Axer4,023,212
    Posted on 07 July 21 at 21:37
    I was working on this one and achievements were syncing no problem. The last three i got have not synced ever since around June 28th till now (July 7th) Is there any way to force a sync, it seems as though my phone is still connecting to live properly (win 10) just this game isnt syncing. The leaderboards are still showing my points total and that is updating no problem... very odd.
  • FoolontheHill24FoolontheHill241,047,051
    Posted on 07 July 21 at 21:47, Edited on 07 July 21 at 21:51 by FoolontheHill24
    Kyotic GBaby said:
    only game i havent been able to redownload on my w10, if someone can shot me in the direction i need to go, id be grateful.
    There are a couple ways to play it, some which can't be openly discussed on TA. If you bought it in the past though, try pasting ms-windows-store://review/?ProductId=9wzdncrdds01 into your phones web browser to open up the games page in the phones store app. If you have previously bought it, it should allow you to download it.
  • Emerald AxerEmerald Axer4,023,212
    Posted on 08 July 21 at 16:46
    I restarted my phone and played the game again and the 3 achievements finally synced. Looks like its still working :)
  • MickeyTongMickeyTong183,130 183,130 GamerScore
    Posted on 21 September 21 at 15:21
    te5s3rakt said:
    Trombonafide said:
    Can you share the thread with me?
  • Posted on 27 March 22 at 02:37
    Does anyone have a way to get the game still , if so please give me a pm.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads