The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 5th, 2020

• superniceguysuperniceguy336,404
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 16:14
    I thought Black Desert was supposed to be on sale for 70% off between 1st and 15th May?
  • Jo12danJamesJo12danJames191,726
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 16:19
    With Geats tactics out on pc and not console, I went back to play xcom via BC. This Xcom 2 deal looks pretty good. What do you guys think?
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,048,250
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 17:15
    DarthDawa said:
    Ahayzo said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    VisceralGnat84 said:
    (do you know if you get to use GWG games from another account on your console if it is not actually that account that has the gold subscription? )
    No.

GwG are only available with an active subscription.
    To be clear, this is only true for Xbox One games. Xbox 360 GWG you get the same as if you bought it, you own it even if your sub ends.
    Actually GwG games are yours to keep even if your gold expires. I double box my games so on the box you designate “My Xbox” anybody can play your “owned” and game pass games (if active sub). On any other box, someone else can play your games/sub games so long as your account is also signed in.
    Again, that does not apply to Xbox One games. Only the 360 / OG games are yours even with an expired subscription. Xbox One games do not work if your Gold subscription lapses, though they will work again as soon as you resubscribe.

I'm aware of how the home Xbox system works, but it isn't really relevant here.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • SeitzzSeitzz989,054
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 18:11
    Initially decided not to pull the trigger on anything, but since Lumo was last on sale 3 years ago and made its game pass run, decided to pick it up. $6 seems like a solid deal.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 05 May 20 at 19:08
    I’m thinking on purchasing Forza Horizon 3. That is one title I’d like to keep regardless of having an active subscription to anything. If the complete dlc pack arises later I’ll want to get it too.
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 19:48
    Ahayzo said:
    DarthDawa said:
    Ahayzo said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    VisceralGnat84 said:
    (do you know if you get to use GWG games from another account on your console if it is not actually that account that has the gold subscription? )
    No.

To be clear, this is only true for Xbox One games. Xbox 360 GWG you get the same as if you bought it, you own it even if your sub ends.
    Actually GwG games are yours to keep even if your gold expires. I double box my games so on the box you designate “My Xbox” anybody can play your “owned” and game pass games (if active sub). On any other box, someone else can play your games/sub games so long as your account is also signed in.
    Again, that does not apply to Xbox One games. Only the 360 / OG games are yours even with an expired subscription. Xbox One games do not work if your Gold subscription lapses, though they will work again as soon as you resubscribe.

Actually the explanation of the home Xbox system is the most relevant response to the original posters query.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead589,292
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 20:00, Edited on 05 May 20 at 20:22 by HolyHalfDead
    Ahayzo said:
    DarthDawa said:
    Ahayzo said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    VisceralGnat84 said:
    No.

You are correct, DarthDawa is not.

My answers are based on the question. They were asking about FH3 on another account. FH3 is only available on Xbox One. So the answer is:

No.

DarthDawa mentioned “My Xbox” (Home Xbox) and having your account signed in while others play on their accounts. Both of these are Xbox One only mechanisms. They are wrong about GwG being yours to keep if your Gold expires. The answer is:

————-

Yes, things are different for Xbox 360 games, but they were not talking about those. For example I was boosting Red Faction Guerrilla yesterday on 4 Xbox 360s without owning a single copy of the game on disc. I used 1 XBLGold account that doesn’t own the game, 1 XBLFree account that doesn’t own the game, and 2 XBLFree accounts that picked up the game when it was GwG. How that is possible would confuse many an Xbox One owner. I had to borrow an Xbox 360 that hasn’t been in my possession for over 5 years! There is no concept of “My Xbox” with Xbox 360. It is the Xbox you first downloaded it on (or transferred ALL licenses to). And yes, it is fully permissible under the TOS, and one of the biggest perks that Microsoft digital purchases have over physical discs.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 20:03, Edited on 05 May 20 at 20:16 by HolyHalfDead
    superniceguy said:
    Actually the explanation of the home Xbox system is the most relevant response to the original posters query.
    laugh Except for the part that is completely wrong!

And that ladies and gentlemen is why you cannot believe anything you read on the web. So many people post answers and responses without having a clue about what they are talking about.

Now to stop this becoming a he said she said battle, an officially recognised citation is needed: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/man...

And that is the matter closed.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • AhayzoAhayzo1,048,250
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 20:11
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Ahayzo said:
    DarthDawa said:
    Ahayzo said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    VisceralGnat84 said:
    No.

You are correct, DarthDawa is not.

My answers are based on the question. They were asking about FH3 on another account. FH3 is only available on Xbox One. So the answer is:

No.
    Gotcha. I couldn't find the original comment so thought the quoted piece had all the relevant info.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • DarthDawaDarthDawa360,058
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 20:19
    I guess I stand corrected. Did not know that. Does that mean you can play old GwG games you never downloaded?
    DarthDawa
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285406,288
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 20:26
    rocking23nf said:
    so if i have oddysee on disc, and dont want AC3, but want the paid DLC, what do i buy, the season pass for 25? (that seems steep to me) or buy the 1 DLC for 17.99 and not do the second DLC?
    Season Pass comes with AC3. So either pay for them split or suck it up and just get another whole 1.5 games along with it. AC3 Remaster also has a Liberation Remaster attached to it. I'd just hold off for a better sale on it all
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 20:34
    DarthDawa said:
    I guess I stand corrected. Did not know that. Does that mean you can play old GwG games you never downloaded?
    Fair enough. Many people have never let their Gold account lapse to find out. I only have Gold when I want something or it is $1.

There are many answers to your second question.

1. If you redeemed/purchased the game when it was GwG but never downloaded it and you have XBLGold, then yes you can download it and play it.

2. If someone else has your console set as their Home Xbox and they got the game when it was GwG and they have XBLGold, then yes you can download it and play it.

3. If someone else signs into your console and downloads the game, then yes you can play it as long as they don’t sign out, including by disconnecting the console from the internet.
  • DarthDawaDarthDawa360,058
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 21:06
    HolyHalfDead said:
    DarthDawa said:
    Fair enough. Many people have never let their Gold account lapse to find out. I only have Gold when I want something or it is $1.

There are many answers to your second question.

1. If you redeemed/purchased the game when it was GwG but never downloaded it and you have XBLGold, then yes you can download it and play it.

2. If someone else has your console set as their Home Xbox and they got the game when it was GwG and they have XBLGold, then yes you can download it and play it.

3. If someone else signs into your console and downloads the game, then yes you can play it as long as they don’t sign out, including by disconnecting the console from the internet.
    Appreciate the response! And yes, I’ve never let my gold lapse so never noticed. I assumed the 360 and one treatment of GwG games was the same.
    DarthDawa
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 22:06
    HolyHalfDead said:
    superniceguy said:
    laugh Except for the part that is completely wrong!

And that ladies and gentlemen is why you cannot believe anything you read on the web. So many people post answers and responses without having a clue about what they are talking about.

Now to stop this becoming a he said she said battle, an officially recognised citation is needed: https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/man...

And that is the matter closed.
    That link does not explain anything either.

The answer could be yes or no, depending on what the original poster is actually asking. I did not see in it that the gold had expired. I took it that the gold account got the games and he wondered if a non gold account could play the gwg games, especially from the part of the post you quoted, so your response did not make sense to me.

If a gold account is set to home on that console, and has acquired the games, then another non gold account can play the gwg games that were acquired on the gold account on that console. The gold account does not need to be logged in.

If gold account is not set to home on the console, then for non gold account to play the gwg games, the gold account needs to be logged in.

If the home account has been gold when got the games and not gold any more, then another account will not be able to play the gwg games, unless other account is gold and grabbed the game while it was available.
  • Thanatos522Thanatos522185,397
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 22:24
    For those who thought they were interested in Farmer's Dynasty or that cheap game bundle, they are not worth it.

I've played the cheap-ass games before and they are just not fun. And for Farmers Dynasty it is a weird sim fixer-upper, life sim, mixed with farming 'stuff'. I do not think it works well as far as anything it is trying to do.

Pretty bad sale and I've got Microsoft Rewards money with a ticker on it.
  • Posted on 05 May 20 at 22:27
    Finally now i own Assassin's Creed® Odyssey - GOLD EDITION. 😂
  • cancermatt2cancermatt2296,532
    Posted on 05 May 20 at 22:55
    Would love some feedback about Pac-Man 256 from anyone who's played it. And how does the game compare to other Pac-Man titles? To this day, Ms. Pac-Man arcade cabinets with the speed chips will remain my favorite title of this franchise... but I'd be interested in playing something good that can compete with it.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,098,139
    Posted on 06 May 20 at 02:37
    Throni360 said:
    Achilles8249 said:
    Nice another piece of Shantae dlc on sale.
    Thanks, would've missed it if I hadn't read your comment.
    Same here. Thanks!
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
    Posted on 06 May 20 at 04:11, Edited on 06 May 20 at 04:26 by HolyHalfDead
    superniceguy said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    superniceguy said:
    DarthDawa said:
    VisceralGnat84 said:
    I might pick it up on a separate account to have a complete FH3 setup there.

Actually GwG games are yours to keep even if your gold expires.
    https://beta.support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/man...
    That link does not explain anything either.

I did not see in it that the gold had expired.
    All the discussion was around Xbox One, and XBL Gold having expired, and the link I provided explains that situation perfectly:

What happens to my Games with Gold games if I cancel my Xbox Live Gold or Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription?
    On Xbox One, you’ll no longer be able to access your Games with Gold titles if you cancel your subscription. However, if you decide to renew your subscription at any time, you’ll be able to access and play your previously redeemed Games with Gold titles again.

It was an interesting question - but taking out a Gold subscription does not give you access to any GwG already installed on your console. You have to renew the Gold subscription that installed those GwG games to regain access. It is the opposite for Game Pass. Any Game Pass games already installed on your console will be playable if you take out a Game Pass subscription.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.