Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Here's every Xbox Series X game Microsoft revealed during Xbox 20/20

• Posted on 09 May 20 at 13:25, Edited on 09 May 20 at 13:40 by Stinky Big Buds
    Senyah Dlanyar said:
    Reference Microsoft's Smart Delivery feature, do we know if it will share achievements between the two generations or is it different achievements for both?
    I doubt it unless they make you play the new version over again which I doubt. Smart delivery means the end of remasters? :D If Sony doesn't follow suit it will be the end for them lol. If anyone doesn't like smart delivery then they have forgotton how much previous console launchings suck, or they simply don't know because they have never cared before.

Console launchings have always been a double edged sword, I looked very forward to previous launchings because next gen. However there has also been an equal amount of dread because you knew the last 12 months of old gen and the first 12 of next gen sucked whilst one died and the other got games. Smart delivery sounds like the end of that, I can't wait and this is a bigger step forward than people have yet to understand in this thread by the sounds of it :P

I just remembered stacking is on PC territory, so yeah I don't know about if you will be able to stack or not, so ignore that bit (if you don't already :P).
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw347,160
    Posted on 09 May 20 at 14:54
    When do they show the trailer for Banjo-Threeie?
  • Posted on 09 May 20 at 19:28
    EazyE2285 said:
    Jesus. More posts saying people are posting "this is all we're getting" yet I've seen no one say that. Y'all not getting your contact deliveries in quarantine?
    You must have skimmed through. I’ve seen numerous “if that’s what the Series X has to show, I’ll pass” comments like these are the only games coming out
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,204,671
    Posted on 09 May 20 at 19:57
    Some interesting stuff
  • Posted on 10 May 20 at 02:47
    Stupid that scorn won't be on Xbox one maybe people will whine enough hopefully after a year we get a Xbox one version
  • ElyohElyoh825,931
    Posted on 10 May 20 at 09:54
    XF34Rx KiNGzz said:
    Stupid that scorn won't be on Xbox one maybe people will whine enough hopefully after a year we get a Xbox one version
    After a year they might go backwards? I personally doubt it.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Zolag07Zolag0755,385
    Posted on 10 May 20 at 15:13
    Emzx99 said:
    And once again gameplay takes a back seat to graphics.

Plenty big enough backlog. I'll pick up a series X used after a few years. That didn't excite me at all. Just looks like stuff I've played before
    That was just 2nd and 3rd party devs showing off. It was also the first out of 8 events they’re going to have. I wouldn’t rush to a decision when you basically just saw some extremely small games compared to what you’ll see in July.
  • Zolag07Zolag0755,385
    Posted on 10 May 20 at 15:16
    Spartan 343x said:
    My XBX works just fine and my backlog is probably 100+. I'll get the Series X probably sometime in 2022
    These aren’t the only games coming out for the Series X, just so you know. They’ve still got plenty to show.
  • Zolag07Zolag0755,385
    Posted on 10 May 20 at 15:20
    CHAOTIC IZUAL said:
    The amount of ignorance and whining going on here is so embarrassing. I am ashamed to have you as "peers" in gaming, just wow. It's the first of many game reveals that will happen leading up to holiday season, there are more games on the way these were just the tip of the iceberg...
    IKR?! Everyone is just convinced that these are the only games for the new console and they’ve already decided that they don’t want it. I thought all of the games shown were interesting personally but I didn’t forget about their 1st party developers in July. Lol 😂
  • Emzx99Emzx99401,776
    Posted on 10 May 20 at 16:49
    ThunkyThogie said:
    Emzx99 said:
    And once again gameplay takes a back seat to graphics.

Plenty big enough backlog. I'll pick up a series X used after a few years. That didn't excite me at all. Just looks like stuff I've played before
    That was just 2nd and 3rd party devs showing off. It was also the first out of 8 events they’re going to have. I wouldn’t rush to a decision when you basically just saw some extremely small games compared to what you’ll see in July.
    I've been following this industry for the better part of 20 years, my expectations are low as they have yet to prove the opposite. Gameplay took a back seat this generation and didn't evolve at all. Everything was about graphics. We're getting that again. If we weren't, someone would have shown off what was so innovative already. That's not hard to do. I'm still waiting on Microsoft to fix achievements and give the entire system the QOL updates it's needed for years. Xbox One did nothing but make them worse. I'm not enthusiastic and for good reason. I don't conjure hope when they've given me 7 years to not trust them.
    If you haven't watch Deep Space 9, you haven't really lived.
  • Posted on 10 May 20 at 19:24
    No thanks Microsoft, fix everything on the one first and give back features that where taken away then i might think about the Series X. Xbox One.. All in one. No wait there is nothing on the one lol examples:
    - Started on 360 took away whatch youtube with a friend feature
    - took away completed games feature, Games like Quake 2 does not show 100% because of 0g
    - took away picture in picture(snap)
    - took away app achievements and xbox day one achievents
    - took away Xbox Arcade games by not renewing easy contracts with Microsoft owned titles
    - Not giving Classic Xbox backwards compatibility achievements (only 3 remakes where fable,halo,Phantom Dust.) Why no Ninja gaiden black? Still a disappointment to this day.
    - Not making 360 backwards compatibility. Should have done AT LEAST 40% of titles.
    360 total games 2085 we got bc 577 thats only 27%.
    - took away playing games offline, some game cannot be played offline even if its not a server game and even if you own the license. On that console or not.
    - took away xbox gold shareing, limit 2 system. If you have say 5 kid your sol pay them more.
    And the list goes on, when Microsoft said xbox one will be all in one system i was hopeing for the best, Most of total games for classic xbox, 360,phone and pc games. But that never happened its just sad to see this company wanting you to trust them again for another $500+system. Sorry not for 5 years for me.
  • Sir PaulygonSir Paulygon355,726
    Posted on 11 May 20 at 02:52
    Looking good. At the moment, Bright Memory: Infinite is what has my attention. Uncertain if I'll purchase the console on day one though. Might wait a year while I get to a good stopping point with my backlog. Still have hours to chisel through.
    Don't worry about criticism from people that you wouldn't seek advice from.
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285328,349
    Posted on 11 May 20 at 05:50
    ARCADE ELITE X said:
    No thanks Microsoft, fix everything on the one first and give back features that where taken away then i might think about the Series X. Xbox One.. All in one. No wait there is nothing on the one lol examples:
    - Started on 360 took away whatch youtube with a friend feature

Not an important feature. Glad they allocated resources to more important things.

- took away completed games feature, Games like Quake 2 does not show 100% because of 0g

I'm unaware of what you're referring to here

- took away picture in picture(snap)

Unfortunate as I liked it but like the YouTube feature you mentioned it was resource heavy and under utilized by people so unnecessary

- took away app achievements and xbox day one achievents

They didn't take these away. They discontinued support as most apps didn't bother to have them and a lot that did cared so little about them that they were buggy and didn't work or track correctly. They still show on this site. They never counted for anything anyway as they were all 0GS

- took away Xbox Arcade games by not renewing easy contracts with Microsoft owned titles

They didn't take them away. They've renamed Arcade like titles to ID@Xbox. Not renewing contracts on games that are 7-13 years old isn't a bad business decision as the cost is likely greater than the return (for Microsoft owned properties)

- Not giving Classic Xbox backwards compatibility achievements (only 3 remakes where fable,halo,Phantom Dust.) Why no Ninja gaiden black? Still a disappointment to this day.
    - Not making 360 backwards compatibility. Should have done AT LEAST 40% of titles.

Publisher choice not Microsoft. On the achievement front why would a studio (that's still around considering how old, 13 or so years or older, are) go back to an old game to decide where and what achievements to add to meet Microsofts criteria for that feature on a game that likely gets no play and hasn't for quite some time.

For backwards compatibility again cost outweighs return. Honestly surprised we have that many.

- took away playing games offline, some game cannot be played offline even if its not a server game and even if you own the license. On that console or not.
    - took away xbox gold shareing, limit 2 system. If you have say 5 kid your sol pay them more.

I haven't not had Live at all this console generation so I can't speak on the first one. I know constant connection was a thing at launch but was unaware it still was for all games. Some games the publisher requires the online connection for it to work.

Do all 5 kids really need their own gamertag? Even so am I missing something here cause you could have one gold account with access that's always signed in and others can play those games

- And the list goes on, when Microsoft said xbox one will be all in one system i was hopeing for the best, Most of total games for classic xbox, 360,phone and pc games. But that never happened its just sad to see this company wanting you to trust them again for another $500+system. Sorry not for 5 years for me.

They never meant it that way. I don't know that anyone but you expected them to put most 360 games on it, let alone classic xbox and then PC and mobile. Whatever you were on thinking that any of those last two would be playable on the one, I want some. All in one system meant you could play movies, stream content, play video games, watch tv, it was to be an integrated entertainment setup. Which it is even if you or I don't use all the provided features.
  • ElyohElyoh825,931
    Posted on 11 May 20 at 07:20, Edited on 11 May 20 at 07:20 by Elyoh
    EazyE2285 said:

Publisher choice not Microsoft.
    Not entirely true, I know of one publisher that gave MS the OK ages ago as they wanted their games BC. Never happened though.
  • TwistTwist300,832
    Posted on 11 May 20 at 08:46
    Not gonna lie, I'm excited for more titles in this list than I was expecting.
    "Hey Guys! Look at my Gu-"
  • Posted on 11 May 20 at 20:23
    This list looks pretty great -- interesting and a good variety.

I had been hearing generic negativity but I don't understand it at all now, unless folks are just mad there's no Gears 6 or Halo 6.
    "The love for life is all hatred in disguise -- a carnival creation with masks undone."
    Posted on 11 May 20 at 22:47
    Elyoh said:
    EazyE2285 said:

Not entirely true, I know of one publisher that gave MS the OK ages ago as they wanted their games BC. Never happened though.
    Was MS the developer or now own the studio? Cause if they aren't it's not up to them to make the game BC. If they do own the studio now it probably falls under the cost/return value I mentioned also
  • Posted on 12 May 20 at 00:58
    EazyE2285 logic of having features taken away is a good thing to him lmao thanks for the laughs, but i am sure most vet MS gamers agree with everything i have listed. But that is your opinion and we have ares. 🍻
  • ElyohElyoh825,931
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 01:30
    EazyE2285 said:
    Elyoh said:
    EazyE2285 said:

Was MS the developer or now own the studio? Cause if they aren't it's not up to them to make the game BC. If they do own the studio now it probably falls under the cost/return value I mentioned also
    Had a look, I stand corrected as it was a developer. The publisher is Microsoft on this case. Ska studios. MS have said before that they'll make everything BC as long as the publisher is happy to sell it on Xbox One. Doesn't make sense that they wouldn't want their own published games to move across though.
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 05:04
    Elyoh said:
    EazyE2285 said:
    Elyoh said:
    EazyE2285 said:

Had a look, I stand corrected as it was a developer. The publisher is Microsoft on this case. Ska studios. MS have said before that they'll make everything BC as long as the publisher is happy to sell it on Xbox One. Doesn't make sense that they wouldn't want their own published games to move across though.
    Strange indeed. Has to be a case of not worth it. I'm betting there are a lot more similar cases of Microsoft games that didn't make the cut
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.