Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Galgun and Catherine Demos Dated

• punkyliarpunkyliar240,315
    Posted on 19 January 11 at 20:01
    Japan only though I'm afraid

Alchemist have announced via Twitter that the demo for Galgun will be released in Japan on January 21st.

As explained by our post in September, Galgun is not an ordinary shooter. Gamers take the role of a Guardian Angel who shoots schoolgirls with a gun in order to help them find "true love."

The demo for Catherine will be following the week after on January 27th but will initially be exclusive to Gold LIVE members. Free LIVE members will not be able to access the demo until February 3rd. The demo will include "a section of the game's opening, featuring event movies, anime movies and action parts".

For more information about Catherine, I suggest you head over to our Catherine Round Up, complete with trailers and screenshots.

Even though both demos are only being released on the Japan Marketplace, demos tend not to be region locked. If you have access to a Japanese account, you should be able to download the demo for use in other regions.

Galgun is due to be released on January 27th. A release date has not been announced for N America or Europe. Catherine will be released in Japan on February 17th. Similarly to Galgun, a date has not been announced for N America or Europe.
  • GRWRGRWR293,266
    Posted on 19 January 11 at 20:19
    Yay
    Cheesy Muffins
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 20:19
    not interested in either games. IDK why I read this....
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 20:21
    Cathrine has a chance to come to the states...But idk about Gal Gun. Might have to use a Japanese tag to try these demos.
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 20:21
    i'm praying for a european release for catherine. i want it baaaaddddd
  • SirSmurfusSirSmurfus139,267
    Posted on 19 January 11 at 20:21
    xI AUGUSTINE Ix said:
    The same reason you play games, to escape the bitter loneliness that is your life?
  • Seven ClipSeven Clip375,616
    Posted on 19 January 11 at 20:24
    the picture caught my attention
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 21:18
    I will be getting both games... but would prefer no to have to import them. Really would like to see a NA release
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 19 January 11 at 21:22
    IMO, this should have [JP only] in the thread title. You got me all excited.
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 21:28
    So people "want a game so bad" when they don't even know what kind of game it is? No gameplay from Catherine has even been shown yet, and its likely it won't be getting a North American or European release, and I know for a fact that GalGun won't.
  • SanadaSanada729,912
    Posted on 19 January 11 at 21:32
    xI AUGUSTINE Ix said:
    Because you just want one more comment to add to your badge like most trolls? However guess I'll have to try and use my JP account to get this..doubt it though. : (
  • AndyLSimmonsAndyLSimmons155,235
    Posted on 19 January 11 at 21:37
    Is Galgun a Kinect game?
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 21:39
    SirSmurfus said:
    xI AUGUSTINE Ix said:
    The same reason you play games, to escape the bitter loneliness that is your life?
    Sir, you have won the internets today - made me smile laugh
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 21:47
    Catherine im definitely interested in, although galgun..I highly doubt that'll reach outside of japan laugh
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 22:07
    I wished so much for this to be NOT jp only ._. when I read it on my twitter...
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 22:10
    galgun... help young schoolgirls find true love.... That doesn't sound good if you know what i mean wink

Catherine is interesting, and I'm hoping for an American release so I can try it, but I doubt I'll get the demo.
    Fear the Immortal!
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 22:35
    i want that picture as my gamercard picture.
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 23:21
    Time to sign in the JAP acc then. ^^
    "In time, one man will seek to rule over all. It is human nature, inescapable."
  • Posted on 19 January 11 at 23:54
    MythDarK said:
    Time to sign in the JAP acc then. ^^
    how do I get my hands on a Japanese account?
    ok ok i've got one....... whats the difference between jam and marmalade?
  • TJ2012TJ2012113,394
    Posted on 20 January 11 at 00:38
    I hate how we never git to play some of the interesting looking games cuz there Japaneses :( we should start a petition
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.