The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 12th, 2020

• x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,038,910
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 13:21Permalink
    Dirt Rally 2.0 is the best rally game ever made, from track design to feel to audio presentation - especially the natural way the co-driver reads off the pace notes.

With the complete edition above, you get 13 point-to-point rally locations, with 12 routes total in each for a total of 160 rally routes - the most in any Colin McRae game, ever.

It also has 13 RX locations which are presented really well, although not up to the likes of F1 2019.

There are around 90 cars too, and support for online custom chanmpionships.

It's a phenomenal game, and a world away from how it launched.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • MAH BOI 420MAH BOI 420254,692
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 13:27Permalink
    FaSCoRP said:
    I played a ton of OnRush hours a while back and besides my efforts to like it, it is so mediocre.
    You can join a game in the middle and lose, the spawn points sometimes are so broken (you are crashed instantly or too far from the rest), and the controls are kind of unresponsive.
    It is one of those game that you see a ton of potential of what could have been but, it is not.
    Hope the devs improve the design and make some second part that is good, and fun.
    It is more like they wanted the game to be cool, with those artworks, designs, music and style but, they kind of forgot important gameplay features.
    They almost went out of their way to alienate regular racing fans with that premise and didn't even execute it that well. Not to mention the absolutely genius move of booting you back to the menu in the middle of an event at the slightest internet or server issue in the single player portion of the game. It also felt like a chore to play. They focused so much on the takedowns but even just performing one feel like an effort because everyone is constantly boosting and you need to do as such to even keep pace with them let alone kill them. Burnout sold itself on vehicular carnage but at least it had the good sense to not omit the racing entirely, and takedowns are actually fun to pull off in it. Let's not forget how hideously overpriced Onrush was at launch as well for what is a meagre at best offering of game modes and tracks. What a trainwreck of a release it was.
  • KiIlIionaireKiIlIionaire988,924
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 13:50Permalink
    Space hulk for me, on a warhammer kick atm, even with the unobtainables
  • Linkx41Linkx4165,736
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 13:53Permalink
    I think it is finally time to pick up Forza Horizon 3 on PC.
    Hooray for Windows 10!
  • REB3LREB3L1,032,064
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 13:56Permalink
    xMvP RAMPAGEX said:
    I ima Pokemon I said:
    Still no fortune island solo DLC! Why is it always bundled!! I’m pretty sure everyone has the Lego DLC
    I’m still waiting for the FH3 Hoonigan Car Pack to go on sale after all this time😂
    You and me both! dance
  • Posted on 12 May 20 at 14:22Permalink
    Gravel looks pretty fun.
    Don't bro me if you don't know me.
  • Posted on 12 May 20 at 14:42Permalink
    Said fuck it and bought Control. So, you know, you’re welcome when it comes to Game Pass next month.
    ???????!
  • SnoozedsSnoozeds47,828
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 14:44, Edited on 12 May 20 at 14:44 by SnoozedsPermalink
    Payday 2 DLC's are on sale right now... the game is awful but good TA ratio even if it does take me hours to do some achievements solo.
  • Rista BRista B475,604
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 15:11Permalink
    Borderlands 3 on sale at Best Buy and Amazon for $12.99 today. Not sure why such a huge price cut but kind of interesting. I may still hold out for a cheaper edition that includes all the DLC but that price is tempting me for sure.
    Rest in peace Ryan Hayward, a fellow gamer taken too soon.
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n703,299
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 15:24Permalink
    I guess the theme this week was racing or racing simulation. Yea, not a fan of the genre.
  • SkarviTSkarviT143,289
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 15:41Permalink
    Great games.
    From BR.
  • BemusedBoxBemusedBox1,704,136
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 15:46Permalink
    First time trailblazers has been on sale heard it's not to bad either.
    Boxing clever
  • DevilnMyEyesDevilnMyEyes209,231
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 15:53, Edited on 12 May 20 at 16:01 by DevilnMyEyesPermalink
    I don't expect anyone to care because of all the bad reviews but---
    I just bought Fallout 76 for $9.99 at gamestop.com.. You can get 4 pre owned $9.99 or under games right now buy 2 get 2 free.. I bought two Fallout 76s, Doom and Fallout 4 for $20
    (and just a side note for anyone that didn't get a chance to play Wolfenstein's Colossus before while it was on gamepass i scored that for $12.99)

Editing to post that I ordered all of this The day before last around midnight or 1 am & It's suppose to be here today by 9 pm so no very long of a wait either if you decide to go this route
  • ChrisChros87ChrisChros87112,217
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 16:21Permalink
    Gepards said:
    My wallet will suffer.

How is Assetto Corsa with gamepad?
    Unfortunately my T300 RS GTE not supported by Xbox hardware :(
    Its pretty tough from memory, not played for ages
  • AnToN XnAnToN Xn402,006
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 16:33Permalink
    Lots of racing games, but also some interesting ID games
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285318,620
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 16:57Permalink
    Saving money this week!
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285318,620
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 16:59Permalink
    Maxumilli0n said:
    I guess the theme this week was racing or racing simulation. Yea, not a fan of the genre.
    Start Your Engines Sale
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz506,940
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 17:08Permalink
    Horizon Chase Turbo for me this week.

ONRUSH for a couple bucks is a great deal!
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz506,940
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 17:11Permalink
    ChrisChros87 said:
    Gepards said:
    My wallet will suffer.

How is Assetto Corsa with gamepad?
    Unfortunately my T300 RS GTE not supported by Xbox hardware :(
    Its pretty tough from memory, not played for ages
    It's absolutely impossible to play on a controller for me. I've tried many custom setting suggestions and in all cases can barely keep a car on the road. It's a real shame as I've always read it is one of the best and most satisfying simulation experiences.
  • Posted on 12 May 20 at 18:41Permalink
    緑眼のイアン#9349 said:
    Said fuck it and bought Control. So, you know, you’re welcome when it comes to Game Pass next month.
    Xbox thanks you for your patronage.
    Doc, Doc, noose
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.