Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

The Xbox Series X gameplay reveal was a disappointment

• CanezzaCanezza220,180
  • Posted on 12 May 20 at 11:17
    It was a disappointment, I agree. I did however like the lower production value style to normal Inside Xbox events - they try a little too hard.

Fingers crossed for some great shows in June and July.
  • dolanquackdolanquack18,950
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 11:46
    How many articles like this do we need in the same week? Think this is like the 3rd one already.

Yes, we've all seen the trainwreck.
  • Rista BRista B791,303
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 12:02
    dolanquack said:
    How many articles like this do we need in the same week? Think this is like the 3rd one already.

It's been all over the media this week which seems like another internet storm in a teacup. We'll have plenty of time to see gameplay over the next 6 months.

I'm excited about some of the games they showed and they showed off none of their first party games yet.
    Rest in peace Ryan Hayward, a fellow gamer taken too soon.
  • Posted on 12 May 20 at 12:02, Edited on 12 May 20 at 12:04 by Stinky Big Buds
    dolanquack said:

Ya know how it works, bad news is better than good news these days :D I think the author hit the nail on the head when he said your expectations were to high. I wasn't disappointed at all, what did you all expect in 30 minutes :D Gameplay? They always drag you in with the old "loads of gameplay.......honest" :D Mugs. Oldest trick in the book.
  • Raptures LostRaptures Lost1,579,338
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 12:19
    Everyone and their Mum was disappointed in the lack of gameplay. However, I must be in the minority in that I liked everything I saw. Call to the Sea looked amazing.
  • Adri BltAdri Blt425,896
  • I Boz lI Boz l1,240,751
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 12:36
    It's not a tragedy...but all of this could have been avoided by simply omitting the word "gameplay footage" while announcing/promoting the event
  • Posted on 12 May 20 at 12:42
    This whole drama must be the biggest first world problem Ive ever seen lmao.
  • I ASK NO ONEI ASK NO ONE800,967
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 12:54
    I didn't see anything on Halo Infinite.
    I ASK NO ONE
  • EchtzeitEchtzeit722,451
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 13:17
    First of all, it wasn't a gameplay reveal. They only mentioned gameplay multiple times in regard to the Assassin's Creed Vikings (I didn't really pay attention to what was being said inbetween the videos, but they stressed that point a couple of times, so somehow I caught it).

It was a showcase of what games we can expect from third party publishers. Nothing more, nothing less.

I knew almost zero games that were shown and I'm generally well informed. So on that front, it succeeded.

Lastly, I prefer to see actual gameplay and don't care much about short (teaser) trailers. But those games are so far into the future, at this point in time I couldn't care less to see gameplay right this moment. I'm happy to know what I can generally expect and what was shown was enough to inform me, what I might like and what not.

Gameplay presentations will come, and when the do it will be perfect. The best presentations anyone has ever seen.
  • Posted on 12 May 20 at 13:23
    Really hating how subjective headings are for articles here lately.

Plus, what are you expecting for the next generation? 60 fps and 4k at the same time? Would be incredibly hard to see the difference in a YouTube video.

So granted. A lot of people thought it was a letdown for whatever reason, but objectively, it wasn't. It showcased titles that were coming.

Also, these will all be on x1x. How would you even be able to tell which platform it was being played on?
  • SoupaBuoySoupaBuoy787,212
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 13:25
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    It's tagged as an opinion. That's kinda the point.
  • Smudgenat0rSmudgenat0r841,780
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 13:31
    xPut Name Herex said:
    They are referencing the X0YY shows that have been held the past two Novembers: X018 in Mexico City, and X019 in London
    I had forgotten about the XO events. That actually makes more sense with the specific nations.
  • Posted on 12 May 20 at 13:35
    Smudgenat0r said:
    xPut Name Herex said:
    They are referencing the X0YY shows that have been held the past two Novembers: X018 in Mexico City, and X019 in London
    I had forgotten about the XO events. That actually makes more sense with the specific nations.
    Oh so it would :P Well spotted.
  • billbillbillbillbillbill1,155,932
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 14:11
    The event coulda "been so much more", but just as a qualifier: There's a global pandemic going on.
  • ArDPalangArDPalang726,721
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 14:16
    Let's make a big deal out of exactly nothing. Let's shoot ourselves (xbox community) in the foot by rapidly destroying xbox momentum with non-existence drama so when in 2 years the same community falls apart due to bad xbox sales, we can write articles pointing fingers at everyone!

This was a good show. They misled the audience with the promise of gameplay. They issued a statement saying they are sorry. But nooooooooo, let's nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag.

Xbox, in both console raw power and marketing was ahead of the competition in the past couple of months. Now let's see if we, the community, can kill that for absolute shit reasonings.
  • CanezzaCanezza220,180
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 14:32
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    This is an opinion piece.
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,893,149
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 14:33, Edited on 12 May 20 at 14:34 by Legohead 1977
    ArDPalang said:
    Let's make a big deal out of exactly nothing. Let's shoot ourselves (xbox community) in the foot by rapidly destroying xbox momentum with non-existence drama so when in 2 years the same community falls apart due to bad xbox sales, we can write articles pointing fingers at everyone!

This was a good show. They misled the audience with the promise of gameplay. They issued a statement saying they are sorry. But nooooooooo, let's nag and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag.

Xbox, in both console raw power and marketing was ahead of the competition in the past couple of months. Now let's see if we, the community, can kill that for absolute shit reasonings.
    I bet us Brits can make the bigger deal out of it! wink

In all seriousness though, I have never understood cut-scenes when it comes to advertising or promoting a game...the phrase 'not actual gameplay footage' makes it all pointless for me. I enjoy a cut-scene during a game, but it tells me nothing about the game at all.

Canezza said:
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    This is an opinion piece.
    I really hate how subjective opinions are lately! laugh
    Legohead 1977
  • mosin360mosin360770,304
    Posted on 12 May 20 at 15:00
    It was good for what it was and ppl are going to complain no matter what... so QQ.
    Buy your digital games/DLC from your favorite Mixer streamer, it really helps support them.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.