Game Discussion: Island Saver

Glitched Gate?

• RazorableRazorable179,520 179,520 GamerScore
    Posted on 15 May 20 at 10:33
    Tried any and which way to break the game by trying to get out of bounds but there are invisible walls all over that section, dont think its possible to get into that section if its still locked, made a new save to see if having the gorilla close by would break the game
    You want some?, i'll give it ye
  • LakeshowLakeshow2,024,331
    Posted on 15 May 20 at 12:09
    I ended up deleting my save and starting over. Made sure not to have the gorilla nearby at all and ran to the gate myself. Opened the gate, let all the text run and worked this time for me.
  • chrisonekchrisonek885,625
    Posted on 15 May 20 at 12:46
    Lakeshow said:
    I ended up deleting my save and starting over. Made sure not to have the gorilla nearby at all and ran to the gate myself. Opened the gate, let all the text run and worked this time for me.
    Hes right :) now im starting the second island but i started without gun... Hard reset without save and exit fixed this so carefull with this crappy game
  • Posted on 16 May 20 at 19:56
    I experienced this too. I emailed the Devs and they got back to me within 5 minutes! They're now working on a fix.
    Don't feed the trolls
  • JdobemJdobem760,093
    Posted on 16 May 20 at 22:48
    Nice HM, I'll wait then, better than having bad taste in my mouth by redoing the 1st island :D
    J
  • corpiratecorpirate405,899
    Posted on 17 May 20 at 16:52
    I also experienced this - total bummer, thanks for the info regarding a patch. I'll wait to see if it can be fixed without restarting.

For a free game - I was actually quite enjoying it.
  • SpiderPgSpiderPg348,847
    Posted on 18 May 20 at 16:18, Edited on 18 May 20 at 16:19 by SpiderPg
    So I found out the PC & PS4 Versions got patched on the 15th and I emailed them to ask for an ETA on the xbox version and the response I got back was very interesting as it seems the location of the gorilla has nothing to do with it.

Hi SpiderPg,

Thanks for the message and sorry you are having this problem.

The update was submitted to Microsoft last Friday, and we are just awaiting their approval to launch it... I would hope within the next 24 hours or so.

The problem was actually traced back to when the player barters for Gornana Seeds with Kiwi. The player has to collect both seeds before planting any Gornana trees or it causes a mission block.

As I say, we’ve fixed this and once the patch is live, your save game should update and you will be able to continue.

Apologies again for the problem – we never encountered once in development despite extensive internal and external testing.

Best

Frank

Frank Arnot
    Managing Director | Stormcloud Games Ltd
    Interestingly when I bartered for seeds I only got one and had to barter again to get more, which seems to have caused my issue.
  • SpiderPgSpiderPg348,847
    Posted on 18 May 20 at 19:09
    The patch is now live!

Once downloaded I loaded up my save in which i was still stood at the barrier, Kiwi popped up and said a few things and they was automatically dismissed once that was done I was able to walk on through!
  • corpiratecorpirate405,899
    Posted on 18 May 20 at 20:12
    Yes this is fixed for me also immediately after updating.

Interestingly the game gave me the spiel about the Gorilla all over again as though I’ve not befriended him yet.
  • JdobemJdobem760,093
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 10:11
    fixed for me too, great devs!
    J
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw347,130
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 05:59
    Nice to see devs listening and investigating and acting quickly. Great support for a fun little game.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.