The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 19th, 2020

• Vokul VeganVokul Vegan259,866
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 15:23Permalink
    I think Anthem is worth it. roll
  • Posted on 19 May 20 at 15:53Permalink
    Picked up Dandara for dat dere ratio. Was gonna wait and see if it ever got to gamepass but considering it's been AWOL for the past year I figured I might as well cave and buy it. Shame about the unobtainable that probably won't ever be fixed however :(
  • ClockwerksClockwerks833,256
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 17:42Permalink
    The S bot 9000 said:
    Picked up Dandara for dat dere ratio. Was gonna wait and see if it ever got to gamepass but considering it's been AWOL for the past year I figured I might as well cave and buy it. Shame about the unobtainable that probably won't ever be fixed however :(
    Dandara was already in Game Pass.
  • Posted on 19 May 20 at 17:52Permalink
    Clockwerks said:
    The S bot 9000 said:
    Dandara was already in Game Pass.
    Yeah, but it looks like it was removed about a year ago and I have a suspicion that it probably won't ever get put back on.
  • Posted on 19 May 20 at 22:20Permalink
    Sashamorning said:
    MeetTheCynic said:
    Anyone played the Planet of the Apes game? Looks to be a relatively stress free completion, just wondering if it’s worth the 10-12 hours it’ll take.
    It's incredible, but I'm biased because I wrote the guide. It's exactly like watching another film in the series, and the animation is impressive. I'd pick it up.
    Damn dirty apes!
    I guess I'll be picking up even though I am not a fan of the original movie.
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 20 May 20 at 00:36Permalink
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    Musikfreak007 said:
    Pit People. Maybe Greedfall the next time around.
    Both really good games...
    Appreciate the insight! If I get around to Greedfall, I'll likely not finish with the high difficulty achievement but everything else looks doable enough.
  • Posted on 20 May 20 at 03:25Permalink
    Achilles8249 said:
    Flat warriors is free but is this even a game?
    Not free in the UK 97p sleep
  • Achilles8249Achilles8249612,792
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 03:42Permalink
    I think TA has it wrong because it shows .99 when I go to the store.
  • A BatwomanA Batwoman682,245
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 03:57Permalink
    Lots of easy gamerscore games on sale.
    Youtube.com/TheBeauxty
  • Posted on 20 May 20 at 11:57Permalink
    Musikfreak007 said:
    Ostrowidzki1989 said:
    Musikfreak007 said:
    Pit People. Maybe Greedfall the next time around.
    Both really good games...
    Appreciate the insight! If I get around to Greedfall, I'll likely not finish with the high difficulty achievement but everything else looks doable enough.
    The difficulty achievement is very easy. Just spam parry.
  • Posted on 20 May 20 at 13:25Permalink
    Greedfall looks pretty good. However, most of the other games by the developer/publisher are staples of Gamepass/GWG and frequently are on sale. Soooooo I think I'll hold off for now. It's not guaranteed, but I think it's very likely this can be had for cheap/free at some point.
    This space for rent.
  • PuddleOfStixPuddleOfStix184,368
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 18:18Permalink
    ClassierPompano said:
    Law Violation said:
    ClassierPompano said:
    WorKev said:
    Nelson TN said:
    Watchdogs 1+2 and all dlc at a good discount, finally! Oh wait not available in england

Is there a workaround for this? like region change?
    Did you find a way to do this?
    I’m hoping to get both the gold editions as well.
    Change your Xbox's region location to the desired country in the options menu.

Buy digital gift cards for the same region (can get them online for example https://www.mtcgame.com/en-US/microsoft-points/xbox-live-gif...)

NOTE: you can only use gift cards for same region as you buy them. So your $ amount will appear separate from your £ amount in your payment options.
    Thanks for this bud, i presume i can change the region back to the UK once the content has been paid for via the gift card and installed?

The gift card required for the package price of $20 is only around $18 (just under £15) so it really is a good deal.
    Yeah you can change back to the UK easily and back to another region via the same method as often as you want. If you have any remaining balance it won't disappear but you will have to change region again to use it (so $ will still be linked to your account, go to payment options in the menu to see all your gift credit by currency).
    Just tried it and it doesn't work for me. Got an error on the console and Xbox.com.
    10 euro wasted.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead536,572
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 19:59Permalink
    PuddleOfStix said:
    Just tried it and it doesn't work for me. Got an error on the console and Xbox.com.
    10 euro wasted.
    Was the error redeeming the gift card, or purchasing the game?
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • PuddleOfStixPuddleOfStix184,368
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 20:31Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    PuddleOfStix said:
    10 euro wasted.
    The gift card. But, I was too impatient. After going back just now, it did redeem. Now to try the game...
  • Posted on 20 May 20 at 20:58Permalink
    PuddleOfStix said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    PuddleOfStix said:
    10 euro wasted.
    The gift card. But, I was too impatient. After going back just now, it did redeem. Now to try the game...
    Also you cannot use this method with 360 and original games, because Microsoft can't be bothered to import these games properly into the store . When you see them in the One store, it's actually just a hyperlink back to the 360 store, so gift cards will not work with these games and at this time it's extremely difficult to change regions on 360 and still have gift cards work (if anyone knows a method please comment)
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead536,572
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 22:56, Edited on 20 May 20 at 22:57 by HolyHalfDeadPermalink
    ClassierPompano said:
    Also you cannot use this method with 360 and original games, because Microsoft can't be bothered to import these games properly into the store . When you see them in the One store, it's actually just a hyperlink back to the 360 store, so gift cards will not work with these games and at this time it's extremely difficult to change regions on 360 and still have gift cards work (if anyone knows a method please comment)
    Some 360 games are region locked. Deals with publishers (even 15 years ago) will still hold, so they won't be changing that.

I've bought 360 games from many different regions over the years. It was easier with MSP, but it is still possible. However if you want to buy from 10 regions, you need 10 accounts. And if you want Gold sale prices, they need at least 30 days of Gold.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 21 May 20 at 02:13Permalink
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Eh, Plague Tale was easy to buy, but I'm still considering the following.
    Nine Parchments
    I'll buy it if you buy it. Misery loves company! laugh
    This space for rent.
  • Posted on 21 May 20 at 10:31Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    ClassierPompano said:
    Some 360 games are region locked. Deals with publishers (even 15 years ago) will still hold, so they won't be changing that.

I've bought 360 games from many different regions over the years. It was easier with MSP, but it is still possible. However if you want to buy from 10 regions, you need 10 accounts. And if you want Gold sale prices, they need at least 30 days of Gold.
    I don't want to have multiple accounts: I want to be able to use the same account. The fact is the vast majority of the games aren't region locked and don't need to be on a separate store. The whole set up is dumb: essentially you can't use your gift cards on Original and 360 games on the Xbox One. I've had issue with the site so now I'm having to switch to my 360 just to use my gift cards/rewards points. Think I'm just going to change my Hotmail account region and if I can't boost for 90 days then so be it.
  • THAYLORCSTHAYLORCS170,596
    Posted on 21 May 20 at 13:00Permalink
    All links to the store seems broken
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.