The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: the 32 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• Fluke939Fluke939322,848
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 14:33, Edited on 19 May 20 at 14:34 by Fluke939Permalink
    If you get Firewatch for the gamerscore, do yourself a favour and play it naturally once, then get the achievements (Same goes for What remains of Edith Finch). Really enjoyed this game, deserves to be experienced properly, I didn't mind the extra playthroughs for missed achievements, though it was slow at times.
  • MeetTheCynicMeetTheCynic262,511
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 14:34Permalink
    FoxTheBeastly said:
    MeetTheCynic said:
    I remember picking up Three Fourths Home years ago and only about half of the achievements unlocked for me. Think the rest were buggy.

Anyone know if this issue has been rectified?
    I had the same issue when I played, but they patched it like a year ago and they work again.
    Did you have to play through the game again? I just loaded mine up and nothing popped automatically so thinking I may have to.
  • JuIIIianJuIIIian756,002
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,493,670
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 16:05Permalink
    Fluke939 said:
    If you get Firewatch for the gamerscore, do yourself a favour and play it naturally once, then get the achievements (Same goes for What remains of Edith Finch). Really enjoyed this game, deserves to be experienced properly, I didn't mind the extra playthroughs for missed achievements, though it was slow at times.
    Indeed, very memorable artful games.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • iMaginaryyiMaginaryy1,493,670
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 16:07Permalink
    I Greenman v2 I said:
    Canezza said:
    Fear The People said:
    Can we please add prices to this list? Its a pain to go through each game individually to find out
    I've put it to the devs. Watch this space...
    Perfect! If it can get added, it would be much appreciated from alot of us I'm sure!
    They used to show prices IIRC not sure exactly what happened but something with regions.
    Fear is the mindkiller.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm374,431
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 16:07Permalink
    A Winter's Daydream is even easier than CAN ANDROIDS PRAY: BLUE. You read through a nice little vignette just by pressing cn_A to get all achievements.

It is seasonal, though, and best played around the Christmas holidays.
  • Kyojin13Kyojin13591,021
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 16:18Permalink
    Don't use a guide for Firewatch or What Remains of Edith Finch. Great games and super short without a guide
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,894,347
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 16:36Permalink
    GET FIREWATCH.

Beyond that, ever want a 30k month? Here you go.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv530,795
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 17:07Permalink
    I don't see The First Tree listed here, but it shows a 2-3 hour completion which seems to be in line with other times in this article.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • DrewJCraigDrewJCraig452,036
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 17:26Permalink
    Fear The People said:
    Can we please add prices to this list? Its a pain to go through each game individually to find out
    Please, the % off doesn't help
  • Posted on 19 May 20 at 18:19Permalink
    Was thinking of buying Storm boy , A winter's Daydream, Energy Cycle edge , The mooseman , The Station, Fire Watch and The little acre and was waiting for the price to go down . Sweeet, Looks like i'll be on 20k by end of this month.
  • Posted on 19 May 20 at 18:32Permalink
    Love these articles. But my wallet hates them! It wouldn't be bad to sort them by completion times though. Instead of mixing them together! (Unless there is a reason for that. If there is I'll feel like s goofball.)
  • Posted on 19 May 20 at 18:36Permalink
    Fluke939 said:
    Personally I would recommend doing this for all games, go in blind and undistracted first and then mop up whats worth collecting.
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,894,347
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 18:45Permalink
    Crooked Cracker said:
    Fluke939 said:
    Personally I would recommend doing this for all games, go in blind and undistracted first and then mop up whats worth collecting.
    Agreed, but definitely these 2.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • GepardsGepards99,810
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 20:52, Edited on 19 May 20 at 20:53 by GepardsPermalink
    Brothers took me around 4 hours today to finish with some incompleted achievements. And Old Man's Journey took more then people say in game's profile. So those completion times are not very believable. Anyway thanks for the list. Great work, guys!
    Thanks, guys!
  • PangoBaraPangoBara1,144,309
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 20:59Permalink
    Gepards said:
    Brothers took me around 4 hours today to finish with some incompleted achievements. And Old Man's Journey took more then people say in game's profile. So those completion times are not very believable. Anyway thanks for the list. Great work, guys!
    My time on Xbox One for Brothers' completion was 2 hrs 37 mins (and the other one can be done in under 2 hours relatively easily).

Tbf, I had already done Brothers on 360 so I never bothered to finish the story after the last achievement
    Santino
  • wildwest08wildwest08904,648
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 21:50Permalink
    Wow, I don't think I have seen a game like SNK before with its achievements
  • Axwell DAxwell D1,244,252
    Posted on 19 May 20 at 22:50, Edited on 19 May 20 at 22:51 by Axwell DPermalink
    Anybody knows in which region you can get Pillar? It's not available on European market :/
  • Posted on 19 May 20 at 23:10Permalink
    Thanks for putting this together. 👍🤡
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,135,999
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 00:04Permalink
    I don’t see Late Shift in the list but it’s on sale. I loved it so much, corniness aside. The acting was decent and it just had a quality I liked that the other FMV game, the Bunker, didn’t have. Recommend Late Shift.
    Always number 2.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.