Series Discussion

Forum to discuss and propose game series ideas

F1 Series - removal of F1 Race Stars

• TateyTatey978,854
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 20:35Permalink
    F1 Race Stars is a kart racer and has absolutely nothing in common with the main F1 series except for name. It should be removed from the series and not included with the main series of sim racers
  • AhayzoAhayzo734,571
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 20:44Permalink
    It's still a part of the series though. That's like saying that Halo 3 and Halo Wars 2 aren't both part of the Halo series, or Fable Heroes and Fable 2 aren't both part of the Fable series. Series aren't built on similarities and equal gameplay. They're built on, well, being a series.

Now, there could be an argument for creating an additional series, just like we have a Halo series that includes all parts of Halo, we also have a Halo Wars series that is specifically that, Halo Wars. That said, if there's only one game that would be getting removed, in my opinion it doesn't make sense to form another series.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • ShinnizleShinnizle876,360
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 21:03Permalink
    I was thinking Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon would be a more apt analogy, but ok winklaugh
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer1,245,187
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 21:18Permalink
    Nothing in common apart from ...
    - the name
    - the developer
    - drivers from real life Formula One as playable characters in the teams that they drove for in the 2012 season
    - real life tracks, re-designed to be in more of the kart-racing style

It is a spin-off but still part of the series
  • AhayzoAhayzo734,571
    Posted on 20 May 20 at 22:38Permalink
    Shinnizle said:
    I was thinking Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon would be a more apt analogy, but ok winklaugh
    It's funny, my initial writeup had Halo and Forza as my examples, but I decided to switch Forza with Fable because Fable seemed like a more clear distinction between the two.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • SkarviTSkarviT143,490
    Posted on 21 May 20 at 14:37Permalink
    Great, that should have happened a long time ago
    From BR.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.