Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Minecraft Dungeons review: a superb and surprisingly challenging dungeon crawler

• CanezzaCanezza54,391
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 07:29Permalink
    I’d imagine a future update might bring the skins from the Minecraft marketplace and custom created characters to the game. That functionality exists in Minecraft Earth already
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 07:35Permalink
    Could it be possible to hit level 50 as you progress through the difficulties? Or will it require 100 hours of additional playtime after you've already done everything else?
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • ZyxZyx1,584,659
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 09:16Permalink
    Are you stuck with the hero that you choose or you can change it and game keep your progress with each one?
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,174,322
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 09:33Permalink
    Friend wants me to play this but idk...
  • lethelerrorlethelerror275,269
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 11:40Permalink
    seems as though the game is mar mite seen reviews slating and other loving it
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 11:47Permalink
    Wow 1st review i've seen for ages and it's for MD :( I'll never play this :( I'm sure my children will though, amazing game for kids, for the children! One of my boys PS slims has broken though, it never rains it pours, so he'll have to wait. :( Argos has been out of stock for about a week. Funnily enough the PsVR has loads of stock, hmmm wonder why.
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 11:52Permalink
    lethelerror said:
    seems as though the game is mar mite seen reviews slating and other loving it
    Do you know any other dedicated Xbox websites that I can read reviews? Not XBLA or The Wire they both suck hard, i'm only interested in Xbox dedicated websites. Preferably active, actually that's a must.
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 12:29Permalink
    MS slowly but surely killing off Xbox.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
  • pezboybenpezboyben662,422
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 12:36Permalink
    Not for me but I really appreciate that you took the time to try a game and write up a review.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,069,015
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 12:51Permalink
    Official site reviews still exist! Wow!

At a glance, it looks just like Riverbond. Not that I expected much anyway.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 12:58Permalink
    I agree more reviews and I’m glad the game sounds like it’s not too bad. I’m surprised the no online matchmaking didn’t come up. I don’t understand why this ever happens anymore. Maybe it will be added in a later patch but with gamepass people will play right away, leave a bad taste in their mouth and they won’t come back with new games coming in every month.
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 13:36Permalink
    I have been hearing only positives about this title. I am really looking forward to playing.
  • Legohead 1977Legohead 19771,136,986
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 13:45, Edited on 22 May 20 at 13:46 by Legohead 1977Permalink
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    I agree more reviews and I’m glad the game sounds like it’s not too bad. I’m surprised the no online matchmaking didn’t come up. I don’t understand why this ever happens anymore. Maybe it will be added in a later patch but with gamepass people will play right away, leave a bad taste in their mouth and they won’t come back with new games coming in every month.
    You can play online with friends though? I wouldn't have thought this style of game lent itself to travelling with randoms anyway. (Obviously depending on how long the levels are).
    Legohead 1977
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m31,133,647
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 13:48Permalink
    Wasn't too sure about the game beforehand but I might actually like this. Only a couple of days left
  • Kaz AdamaKaz Adama888,733
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 14:22Permalink
    If I've never played Minecraft then would I enjoy this game?

Might start the GwG Warhammer similar game in the meantime.
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 14:59Permalink
    Legohead 1977 said:
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    You can play online with friends though? I wouldn't have thought this style of game lent itself to travelling with randoms anyway. (Obviously depending on how long the levels are).
    Yeah you can play with friends but not everyone has a group to play with. It’s just odd to see this happen but especially a 1st party game.
  • SeitzzSeitzz899,844
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 15:35Permalink
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Yeah you can play with friends but not everyone has a group to play with. It’s just odd to see this happen but especially a 1st party game.
    Minecraft is an online game played by a ton of kids, with that comes all sorts of predation and Microsoft has sure as hell got to be aware of that.

From an interview with David Nisshagen, executive producer:

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • Lord NazuleLord Nazule566,053
    Posted on 22 May 20 at 15:38Permalink
    I really like the TA reviews. Thanks Sean.
  • Posted on 22 May 20 at 16:57Permalink
    Seitzz said:
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Legohead 1977 said:
    HawkeyeBarry20 said:
    Minecraft is an online game played by a ton of kids, with that comes all sorts of predation and Microsoft has sure as hell got to be aware of that.

From an interview with David Nisshagen, executive producer:

*** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
    I’m still surprised but that at least is a very good reason.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.