Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Minecraft Dungeons — will you be playing next week?

• Posted on 22 May 20 at 22:52Permalink
    Yes! Huge dungeon crawler fan and my kiddos love minecraft so win win!!!
    If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have Hot Dogs!!!
  • Posted on 23 May 20 at 03:02Permalink
    I'm one of those weirdos who has never played or had any interest in Minecraft. But I love dungeon crawlers so I'm going to give this a shot for sure.
    wildandcrazygal
  • Posted on 23 May 20 at 07:43Permalink
    Zyx said:
    British Legends said:
    CheshireMulisha said:
    Not next week, although will probably try at some point in the future
    Same.
    Shame warning
    This damn Sea of Thieves grind keeping me busy
  • Posted on 23 May 20 at 08:59Permalink
    Don't care much for Minecraft but it's an RPG and it'll be free via GP so might as well.
    "Slutty outfit? You're one to talk." "This isn't slutty, it's strategically placed."
  • Kerman7Kerman7689,692
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 10:55, Edited on 23 May 20 at 11:03 by Kerman7Permalink
    wookieepuppy said:
    In strict answer to the question...No.

However, this is misleading because I do plan to play it, just might not be next week, in its first week of release.

Poll needs more options...perhaps:

Yes
    Yes, but not next week
    Undecided: Waiting for more gameplay/more reviews
    No
    No it doesn't need more options, otherwise where do you stop:
    Yes, playing next week but not Minecraft Dungeons
    Yes, but not playing, watching a stream
    Yes, but not me, my mother
    ...?

They decided to add 'next week' to the question, they didn't have to. So it is part of the question, especially if it changes one's answer.

The question is actually well made as it is simple and well worded. What will be misleading is the result though. I guarantee there will be more Yes than there should be, due to people not answering the question being asked.
    Every man dies, not every man really lives
  • benvegbenveg324,928
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 11:08Permalink
    Sounds like Portal Knights, but looks ugly
  • Posted on 23 May 20 at 11:45Permalink
    guffnuts said:
    What's a Minecraft?
    It's where you snort a line of cocaine whilst inside a self contained area full of weed smoke.
  • Posted on 23 May 20 at 13:12Permalink
    R3f1CuL said:
    It's getting binned for being super lazy, short, buggy and too simple atm by people I normally agree with soooo really not sure tbh. Plus I guess you can already tell they are trying to sell DLC immediately as there are characters and even another portal for more areas that you can't even access yet which is pretty lame :(
    Yeah I saw a couple YT videos reviewing it and tbh it's really put me off especially as I was really looking forward to playing it.
    If at first you don't succeed,boost.
  • AllAlexiAllAlexi148,168
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 14:06Permalink
    Looking forward to this one but won't be playing week 1. My main coop bud has just had a baby so no Xbox for 2 weeks. Once we have a wee squad together though, this'll kill a few hours.
  • MakoushuMakoushu131,323
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 15:49Permalink
    Well I'll play it but not next week.... patience is key
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE343,967
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 18:59Permalink
    my 6 year old son has been HYPE for this game since E3 or whenever it was released.

I already have it predownloaded ready for him.

I'll probably end up playing with him at some point - but on my dummy account, not sure I want this on my account.
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • mik29mik29510,648
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 19:08Permalink
    Pre ordered the deluxe version on Xbox and I'll be buying it on Switch too when ita available. I played it about 6 months ago at X019 and it was brilliant fun. 👍
  • ElyohElyoh808,740
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 20:15Permalink
    OMGWTH00111111 said:
    R3f1CuL said:
    It's getting binned for being super lazy, short, buggy and too simple atm by people I normally agree with soooo really not sure tbh. Plus I guess you can already tell they are trying to sell DLC immediately as there are characters and even another portal for more areas that you can't even access yet which is pretty lame :(
    Yeah I saw a couple YT videos reviewing it and tbh it's really put me off especially as I was really looking forward to playing it.
    Is it being reveiwed as being a kids ARPG or as if it is directly competing with Diablo/Path of Exile?
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 23 May 20 at 21:07Permalink
    I'm def going to play it but I'm not sure if it will be right away or not, depends what else I find myself playing when it hits. Borderlands 3 still soaks up a lot of my time and that backlog is getting unruly. lol :)
  • ElyohElyoh808,740
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 21:43Permalink
    Russell LeCroy said:
    ... and that backlog is getting unruly. lol :)
    Once it's out of control, there's nothing you can do about that laugh
  • SnoozedsSnoozeds47,814
    Posted on 24 May 20 at 02:29Permalink
    Undecided - I want to wait a day or so to see if it's worth playing
  • SnoozedsSnoozeds47,814
    Posted on 24 May 20 at 02:32Permalink
    Elyoh said:
    OMGWTH00111111 said:
    R3f1CuL said:
    Is it being reveiwed as being a kids ARPG or as if it is directly competing with Diablo/Path of Exile?
    Gotta say the same thing here except not just kids play minecraft so I can see why it's kind of bad that it's not fun for adults. However, wayyy more kids play minecraft and I can see why they would direct the game this way.
  • YoDzYoDz558,350
    Posted on 24 May 20 at 02:54Permalink
    ITT: people who played games like Hannah Montana for achievements but are too good for Minecraft
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,874,763
    Posted on 24 May 20 at 03:00Permalink
    Hell to the aww yeah.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • ElyohElyoh808,740
    Posted on 24 May 20 at 04:07Permalink
    Snoozeds said:
    Elyoh said:
    OMGWTH00111111 said:
    R3f1CuL said:
    Gotta say the same thing here except not just kids play minecraft so I can see why it's kind of bad that it's not fun for adults. However, wayyy more kids play minecraft and I can see why they would direct the game this way.
    It's even better if it's good for adults as well, but we have to remember that the target audience is kids. The most important aspect is how well it is received by them. How it compares to the types of games we play is secondary.

It was a legitimate question, I don't watch reviews so I'm curious how they're going about it. Disliking this sort of game will generate clicks/views without much work, so it's easy to be dubious.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.