Guides

A forum for game tips, tricks, and guide news articles.

The Flame in the Flood walkthrough – a complete Xbox achievement guide

• Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam1,648,634
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 13:31Permalink
    Love this game. I still listen to the soundtrack.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash356,340
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 13:36Permalink
    Nice work! Question about the afflictions; Blood flukes aren’t mentioned in the list of afflictions, is it confirmed that they’re not needed for the achievement?
  • SashamorningSashamorning1,874,763
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 14:19, Edited on 23 May 20 at 14:23 by SashamorningPermalink
    This game really needs more love, and it's on Game Pass!

WhyattThrash said:
    Nice work! Question about the afflictions; Blood flukes aren’t mentioned in the list of afflictions, is it confirmed that they’re not needed for the achievement?
    Yikes! That's almost certainly an oversight on my part. Let me look into it. They aren't hard to get, find spoiled fish in a bear cave, and you can cure it with sumac tea.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,294,443
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 14:36Permalink
    Bought this before it was on Gamepass I think, heard really good things about, but like most games in my backlog, haven't gotten to it yet.
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 15:20Permalink
    I've added Blood Flukes. For some reason, I listed 20 afflictions even though I actually said 21, so I must have just missed it. My bad.

It's submitted for approval. Thanks for all the help with info through the game, WhyattThrash! toast
  • jasonlc3221jasonlc3221720,178
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 16:43, Edited on 23 May 20 at 16:46 by jasonlc3221Permalink
    Amazing game, 10/10. Survival gameplay that is superb. There is a story mode and an endless mode. I think the game only takes around 50-60 hours to complete, it felt like 10 hours to me because I had so much fun, the time flew by so fast. Even after all achievements were obtained, I still kept playing.

EDIT: I guess it took longer, as article says 80-100, but swear it went by so fast.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv516,740
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 19:31Permalink
    I need to go back to this game. I bought it forever ago and barely played it, I had so much trouble surviving. I never realized there was a guide, so I believe that's what I'm needing to succeed! toast
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • WhyattThrashWhyattThrash356,340
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 19:40Permalink
    Sashamorning said:
    I've added Blood Flukes. For some reason, I listed 20 afflictions even though I actually said 21, so I must have just missed it. My bad.

It's submitted for approval. Thanks for all the help with info through the game, WhyattThrash! toast
    Ah, makes sense! I still suspect one of them might not be needed, so I thought it’d been confirmed. I might need to give it a full run through again someday on an alternate tag just to find out for sure... :D

Aw shucks, it was a blast, truly, with such an amazing game! And really solid work on that walkthrough, although I hope people give it a shot going in blind at first. Figuring everything out was half the fun for me, and really not as tricky as one might think at first glance (pay good attention to your notebook and you’ll be fine. I mean, you’ll die a bunch of times but eventually you’ll be fine) :)
  • Posted on 23 May 20 at 20:30Permalink
    This has been in my backlog for like years.
    Posted on 23 May 20 at 20:37Permalink
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    This has been in my backlog for like years.
    So do it already! laugh
  • dymagatedymagate645,759
    Posted on 24 May 20 at 03:31Permalink
    Paul Laserbeam said:
    Love this game. I still listen to the soundtrack.
    I adored the game experience and the Chuck Ragan soundtrack is up there with the Life Is Strange tracklisting as my most listened to game music for sure.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.