The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 26th, 2020

• WebChimp UKWebChimp UK604,482
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic420,824
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 00:06
    Dang, that's a good price for that Inquisitor Martyr complete collection.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st511,218
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 00:10
    Yep I am going to sleep, thanks for encouraging me to tend to my backlog.
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 00:13
    Nice, I was literally going to buy Rocket Wars when I get home tonight!
  • HanxHanx907,410
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 00:18
    Still waiting for Prey and Doom to go on sale. I missed previous sales.
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 00:18
    Hmmm still no Shantae dlc.
    This space for rent.
  • MushaConvoyMushaConvoy880,549
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 00:27
    Rhyolitic said:
    Sure is, unless you picked it up with Gold, in which case its no different to buying Prophecy at regular price.

Unsurprisingly, Prophecy and the Upgrade bundle arent discounted so anyone getting it with their Gold subscription is left out.

I'd consider getting the "complete" collection thinking that should they release any more DLC in the future, it'd be included... but I bought the "ultimate" edition last year thinking that included all DLC. Then Prophecy came out and my ultimate edition was not ultimate enough. Don't trust that they won't just release another DLC pack in the future and make a new "complete" edition when that happens.
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 00:36
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Hmmm still no Shantae dlc.
    I was hoping so too, with the new game dropping on the 28th
  • RhyoliticRhyolitic420,824
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 00:47
    MushaConvoy said:
    Rhyolitic said:
    Sure is, unless you picked it up with Gold, in which case its no different to buying Prophecy at regular price.

Unsurprisingly, Prophecy and the Upgrade bundle arent discounted so anyone getting it with their Gold subscription is left out.

I'd consider getting the "complete" collection thinking that should they release any more DLC in the future, it'd be included... but I bought the "ultimate" edition last year thinking that included all DLC. Then Prophecy came out and my ultimate edition was not ultimate enough. Don't trust that they won't just release another DLC pack in the future and make a new "complete" edition when that happens.
    Except this bundle also contains all the other mini-story missions (something like close to $40 on their own) that were released, along with the cosmetics, so it's more than just the base game + prophecy. A couple of those story arcs are also farmable, like Maelstrom of Carnage & (iirc) Forgotten Arsenal. *shrug* I think it's worth it, but that may just be me.
  • Zohan2099Zohan2099180,940
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 00:52
    Got $20, need to spend it or it vanishes. Can't decide if I should grab LA Noire, which I finished back in the day on the 360, or ghost recon, breakpoint.

Suggestions anyone?
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 00:52
    Once again, Fifa journey. Tempting, 9 bucks for three games.....what's the catch?
    If all pork chops were perfect, we wouldn't have Hot Dogs!!!
  • AnToN XnAnToN Xn459,223
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 01:03
    Zohan2099 said:
    Got $20, need to spend it or it vanishes. Can't decide if I should grab LA Noire, which I finished back in the day on the 360, or ghost recon, breakpoint.

Suggestions anyone?
    LA Noire is really an amazing game, but if you already finished it, maybe it’s not the best choice. It’s still more interesting than Breakpoint imo, which is kinda the same thing than Wildlands
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 01:06, Edited on 26 May 20 at 01:11 by XboxGamer2018
    And NBA 2k20 is still not on Sale in the United States ( what gives angry )
    i really wanted to buy it at 95% off cry
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 01:08
    Isn't there usually a big Memorial Day sale? Could this just be the regular weekly deals and we'll get another batch tomorrow or something?
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • TylerKMGTylerKMG732,319
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 01:11
    SMOLDERPICKEM44 said:
    Once again, Fifa journey. Tempting, 9 bucks for three games.....what's the catch?
    I've purchased this bundle on a previous sale in the past. There's no catch that I've been able to tell. I have full access to all three games and haven't come across any issues as far as just playing all the content that the games have to offer.
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 01:17, Edited on 26 May 20 at 05:32 by MushaConvoy
    Rhyolitic said:
    Except this bundle also contains all the other mini-story missions (something like close to $40 on their own) that were released, along with the cosmetics, so it's more than just the base game + prophecy. A couple of those story arcs are also farmable, like Maelstrom of Carnage & (iirc) Forgotten Arsenal. *shrug* I think it's worth it, but that may just be me.
    Its not just you! Sorry, I did agree, it is a good price for the bundle, and am thoroughly enjoying the game at the moment. I'm yet to try Maelstrom but the other content packs are just a 3-mission assignment that rewards you a cosmetic at the end, nothing exciting at all. The "Seasons" are far more interesting. The pets are just annoying and offer no benefit.

I'm just bitter on their DLC practices and how they choose to offer discounts. The game is certainly better with friends, which means you need to buy Gold, so not entirely sure who the complete bundle is targeted at. I'd have grabbed Prophecy if it was just a 30% discount to make the complete edition still appealing.

While I'm being bitter, worth mentioning the game's campaign stages are all solo ONLY. If you want to progress and unlock things like crafting, assignments, void missions, you need to complete the campaign stages by yourself, of which there is no small number, 30+ or something. Makes sense from a story perspective but no reason they couldn't have had a guest tag along for the ride. The new DLC character, Tech-Adept cannot complete this campaign either, presumably so they didn't have to voice all the campaign dialogue, it can only complete the Prophecy campaign missions. I went in expecting a co-op experience similar to Neocore's other titles (if you can have two "Van Helsings" in one story, why not two Inquisitors?) - I stand corrected :)

Just did some price checks...

W40K:I:M Imperium Edition - 70% off ~AU$25 - Includes all content items except Prophecy.
    W40K:I:M Complete Edition - 70% off ~AU$32 - Imperium + Prophecy

Going by that, if they were being fair, Prophecy should be worth ~AU$7 (or 70% off).

No sale from me.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,033,989
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 01:17
    How does Dragon Age hold up? Never played them and that bundle is tempting. Though I wonder how dated it would feel, especially compared to something like The Witcher 3.. if at all comparable? Appreciate any feedback, especially from anyone that has recently completed it, so the nostalgia goggles wouldn’t be on 😂 toast
    Matthew
  • SeitzzSeitzz988,285
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 01:19
    Thinking about Sine Mora Ex, but since it seems to go on sale 3 or 4 times a year I might just wait for another time when I redeem some points.
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 01:32
    Wonder if Overcooked 2 DLC will ever go on sale...
    Every game with DLC that you pay for is a paid update.
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 01:37
    zDrUnKeNMoNkEyz said:
    How does Dragon Age hold up? Never played them and that bundle is tempting. Though I wonder how dated it would feel, especially compared to something like The Witcher 3.. if at all comparable? Appreciate any feedback, especially from anyone that has recently completed it, so the nostalgia goggles wouldn’t be on 😂 toast
    I played Inquisition a few years back, so there will be some nostalgia goggles :) Having recently played Witcher 3 I can give a reasonable comparison........

DA:I has a great story, I got sucked into that one and couldn't put it down, where Witcher I was constantly distracted by shiny new icons on the map to explore. Nostalgia aside, the Inquisition story is still pretty good, moreso with the DLC as that finishes it off nicely.

For me, Witcher 3 felt very alone, and I was aware of that going in. DAI has companions to talk to and banter between each other which was real nice. More than that though, the AI customisation for your companions is something really special. Was able to control how they behave in combat and created a pretty lethal combination. Did not need to try and micromanage combat like in the Mass Effect games, nor did the AI run suicide charges like idiots.

The big difference between the two, DA:I is a lot of smaller areas rather than a big open world. For me, that works to its advantage, no need to have "filler" areas to join everything together, could focus on one area at a time, and they did that pretty well. Each area was detailed and different. Not to say Witcher wasn't all kinds of amazing, just don't go in thinking DA:I is open world and you'll be fine...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.