The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 26th, 2020

• Posted on 26 May 20 at 05:57
    TylerKMG said:
    SMOLDERPICKEM44 said:
    Once again, Fifa journey. Tempting, 9 bucks for three games.....what's the catch?
    I've purchased this bundle on a previous sale in the past. There's no catch that I've been able to tell. I have full access to all three games and haven't come across any issues as far as just playing all the content that the games have to offer.
    Same there is no catch , I bought when it came out and got all 3 games.
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 06:03
    Spikiri19610 said:
    TylerKMG said:
    SMOLDERPICKEM44 said:
    Once again, Fifa journey. Tempting, 9 bucks for three games.....what's the catch?
    I've purchased this bundle on a previous sale in the past. There's no catch that I've been able to tell. I have full access to all three games and haven't come across any issues as far as just playing all the content that the games have to offer.
    I often wonder -and you can probably answer my question- do people who buy this bundle actually play all 3 games? It's essentially 3 versions of the same game, and I would think anyone that buys all 3 together would just play the best version of the 3. The other 2 are only good for achievement hunting, right?
    This space for rent.
  • GepardsGepards108,588
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 06:04
    The Division, Far Cry 4, FC Primal, Inquisition... maybe
    Thanks, guys!
  • BigNev44BigNev441,597,358
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 06:26
    MushaConvoy said:
    BigNev44 said:
    You can do the whole story in coop now as on Patch 2.0, it was released on PC last year and it came out on consoles with the new Tech Adept DLC.
    Wow, just wow, thank you so much! Will give it a try :)
    Anytime, you both can gain the achievements cause there is none that are no "Host Only"

Glad i can help, have fun! toast
  • CuthredCuthred673,572
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 07:49, Edited on 26 May 20 at 07:49 by Cuthred
    BigNev44 said:
    MushaConvoy said:
    BigNev44 said:
    You can do the whole story in coop now as on Patch 2.0, it was released on PC last year and it came out on consoles with the new Tech Adept DLC.
    Wow, just wow, thank you so much! Will give it a try :)
    Anytime, you both can gain the achievements cause there is none that are no "Host Only"

Glad i can help, have fun! toast
    Note that you can not play the main campaign as Tech Adept, only the Prophecy campaign. At least I could not.
  • I Boz lI Boz l834,675
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 08:17
    And here it goes the MS scam!!

Guys, be careful and keep an eye out on games/dlcs you're interested on...don't buy them instantly as soon as you see a discount!

Spring sale or even Christmas, Black Friday etc. are just bullshit! Just because it's a "big event" it doesnt mean that things will be cheaper than ever.

Quick example on Metro Exodus Season Pass:

- Spring Sale = €18,74
    - Random weekly sale (now)= €16,74

Yeah it's just 2€ but i saw things even bigger than that
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 08:43
    As soon as I see a game on sale nowadays I immediately think "It's coming to Game Pass soon" so never buy anything ..... I'm looking at you Mad Max !
    Going back to grab the collectibles I missed was a chore - map navigation was a nightmare. Fast travel is a no brainer here.
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 08:44
    I've wanted to pick up Watch Dogs DLC for the longest time to get the true 100%, the franchise gold edition would have been perfect but nooo...US, Canada and Brazil only.
  • VivaFavomVivaFavom109,377
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 09:05, Edited on 26 May 20 at 09:06 by VivaFavom
    I Boz l said:

Guys, be careful and keep an eye out on games/dlcs you're interested on...don't buy them instantly as soon as you see a discount!

Spring sale or even Christmas, Black Friday etc. are just bullshit! Just because it's a "big event" it doesnt mean that things will be cheaper than ever.

- Spring Sale = €18,74

What a scam! Sometimes the difference is $1! It's like they change the discount based on economics or something.
  • I Boz lI Boz l834,675
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 09:21
    VivaFavom said:
    I Boz l said:

- Spring Sale = €18,74

What a scam! Sometimes the difference is $1! It's like they change the discount based on economics or something.
    Your sarcasm clearly shows your intellect.
    It looks pretty low then if you couldn't understand my point (as well as the last line which probably explains everything for people who had troubles with textual analysis in kindergarten).
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 09:27
    Lol, alright dude you're the smartest guy in the room.
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 09:27
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Spikiri19610 said:
    TylerKMG said:
    SMOLDERPICKEM44 said:
    I often wonder -and you can probably answer my question- do people who buy this bundle actually play all 3 games? It's essentially 3 versions of the same game, and I would think anyone that buys all 3 together would just play the best version of the 3. The other 2 are only good for achievement hunting, right?
    I played all of them for The Journey achievements and only played FIFA 19 until Fifa 20 went into the ea access vault.
  • BasileusBasileus232,758
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 09:46
    I Boz l said:

- Spring Sale = €18,74

That's completely true:
    Batman Arkham Collection, Batman Arkham Knight Premium Collection are other examples.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,248,100
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 09:49
    Might get the Hitman HD, i forgot about those
  • StevoCallyStevoCally314,226
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 09:53
    Just the Warhammer Inquisitor Complete Collection for now, extra content to go with this months GwG title and supports the developer. Glad it's come back onsale so soon.

Might pick up Chaosbane, whole new series of games I'm now interested in.
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 10:04
    Zohan2099 said:
    Got $20, need to spend it or it vanishes. Can't decide if I should grab LA Noire, which I finished back in the day on the 360, or ghost recon, breakpoint.

Suggestions anyone?
    I just finished LA Noire again yesterday. Third time in total (twice on 360 now the remaster)
    LA Noire offers a lot of gameplay for the money I think. The remaster includes the DLC cases too, so it's good value!
    That was an improvement, but it's not hard to improve on garbage. Try it again.
  • Master PantzMaster Pantz250,944
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 10:26
    Nothing for me. Guessing there will be a big summer sale coming up in June, maybe next week?
  • Sol76Sol76835,321
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 10:27
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Spikiri19610 said:
    TylerKMG said:
    SMOLDERPICKEM44 said:
    I have all the other FIFA games and play them once in a while , getting most out of the game and then move on to the next. Like now i am playing 17 , getting through the journey , getting started with FUT and just grab some , certainly NOT all , achievements until I get enough of football and in a couple of months , if I want to play another game of FIFA I start with 18. See what they have changed and play through the Journey , play some FUT and grab a couple of the achievements just like i did with 17.
  • Zohan2099Zohan2099180,849
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 11:26
    AnToN Xn said:
    Zohan2099 said:
    Got $20, need to spend it or it vanishes. Can't decide if I should grab LA Noire, which I finished back in the day on the 360, or ghost recon, breakpoint.

Suggestions anyone?
    LA Noire is really an amazing game, but if you already finished it, maybe it’s not the best choice. It’s still more interesting than Breakpoint imo, which is kinda the same thing than Wildlands
    Thanks man! Listened to yours as @LittleBlueTroll advice, and grabbed L.A Noire.
    It'll fun getting back into it almost a decade later.
  • AzureCometAzureComet129,001
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 11:29
    Suppose now is as good of time as any to check out Mega Man Zero.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.