The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: May 26th, 2020

• a13ona13on821,902
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 11:50
    I Boz l said:
    And here it goes the MS scam!!

Guys, be careful and keep an eye out on games/dlcs you're interested on...don't buy them instantly as soon as you see a discount!

Spring sale or even Christmas, Black Friday etc. are just bullshit! Just because it's a "big event" it doesnt mean that things will be cheaper than ever.

Quick example on Metro Exodus Season Pass:

- Spring Sale = €18,74
    - Random weekly sale (now)= €16,74

Yeah it's just 2€ but i saw things even bigger than that
    Shocker, game is cheaper at a later date. You are on to something there.
  • a13ona13on821,902
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 11:51
    Lord Darkfung said:
    As soon as I see a game on sale nowadays I immediately think "It's coming to Game Pass soon" so never buy anything ..... I'm looking at you Mad Max !
    Mad Max has already been on Game Pass a year ago or so, it won't come back.
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 12:08
    I've noticed a few times where the DLC will be more expensive then the general pack, which has always annoyed me because it seems almost like a "gotcha" thing then whatever. I've re-bought the same game but the complete edition a few times because the complete edition is cheaper than all the dlc together.

Nothing for me again. Don't even know what I'm looking for with my backlog still there. But here I am, looking again.
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 12:24
    Tricking me into buying a bundle game just because the base game is GWG? Did Bill Gates write this sale?
  • I Boz lI Boz l838,673
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 12:48
    a13on said:
    I Boz l said:
    And here it goes the MS scam!!

Guys, be careful and keep an eye out on games/dlcs you're interested on...don't buy them instantly as soon as you see a discount!

Spring sale or even Christmas, Black Friday etc. are just bullshit! Just because it's a "big event" it doesnt mean that things will be cheaper than ever.

Quick example on Metro Exodus Season Pass:

- Spring Sale = €18,74
    - Random weekly sale (now)= €16,74

Yeah it's just 2€ but i saw things even bigger than that
    Shocker, game is cheaper at a later date. You are on to something there.
    Have you been rejected from kindergarten too like the other kid? Can you even read before writing stupid and useless statements?

This price thing happens frequently and NOT BECAUSE IT'A A LATER SALE!
    People like you probably are too excited and buy things instantly thinking it's a great deal without checking the price history.

Many times games/dlcs have better discounts during random sales instead of the "biggest ones" where you excpect they'll be at the lowest point ever.
    And guess what incredible genius? In future sales the price goes up again...and maybe after some months it returns the same discount you had at the beginning...before increasing again on another future sale!

Even if it's only €2/3, multiply it by the games and content you buy every year.

I don't like being f***ed, especially when it comes to money you earn....but probably there are people like you who likes it so...go on and keep getting on your knees
  • ExtremeGamerExtremeGamer291,847
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 13:09
    FinderKeeper said:
    Is the Watch Dogs 1 & 2 Gold Bundle worth the sale price of $20.00? I have Watch Dogs base game from when it was GwG. I wonder if WD2 will be GwG (I don't have Game Pass so that doesn't factor into my purchase decisions).
    So I almost bought that last week, then saw it was still on sale this week so waited. Last week they were $20 for the bundle, this week it's $25... WTF?
  • MeetTheCynicMeetTheCynic334,531
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 13:30
    Anyone know if Contra Anniversary is a tricky completion? Estimate says 6-8hrs but I’ve never played any games in the series before.
  • BigNev44BigNev441,599,080
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 15:16
    Cuthred said:
    BigNev44 said:
    MushaConvoy said:
    BigNev44 said:
    You can do the whole story in coop now as on Patch 2.0, it was released on PC last year and it came out on consoles with the new Tech Adept DLC.
    Wow, just wow, thank you so much! Will give it a try :)
    Anytime, you both can gain the achievements cause there is none that are no "Host Only"

Glad i can help, have fun! toast
    Note that you can not play the main campaign as Tech Adept, only the Prophecy campaign. At least I could not.
    Oh I know, thanks, I just found out the other day from a friend that you can play the DLC with your main character, I thought it was the Tech Adept only.
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 15:27
    MrZombieChicken said:
    Hmmm still no Shantae dlc.
    Bummers. Looks like we might be waiting a while. They probably put the other ones on sale hoping we would buy the final one at full price.

Guess I'll finally pick up DR4 mini gold DLC and finish off that game.
    Doc, Doc, noose
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 15:30
    a13on said:
    Lord Darkfung said:
    As soon as I see a game on sale nowadays I immediately think "It's coming to Game Pass soon" so never buy anything ..... I'm looking at you Mad Max !
    Mad Max has already been on Game Pass a year ago or so, it won't come back.
    What makes you think it won't come back? They could easily strike another deal with the MM dev to put it on GP again. Nothing's stopping MS from doing that. I'm not saying it will be soon but it's no out of the realm of possiblity.
    Doc, Doc, noose
  • Maxumilli0nMaxumilli0n1,057,659
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 15:42
    Slain back from hell. Everyone if you're a fan of Dooms soundtrack, get this game. I know I will for that price.
  • TomjehTomjeh1,135,022
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 16:33
    Make Far Cry 5 New Dawn cheaper ffs! It's been on sale at this price about 7 times already
  • Redders 420Redders 420813,776
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 17:23
    All game sales are wack.

I've been there - we all have. A game is on sale. You're really looking forward to it. Ecstatic, even. The publisher announces the price reduction. "Oooh," you think, "that cheap ass game would look good in my games and apps for about four years." You buy it, but the publisher has another surprise up its sleeve. Only a couple of months later it's even cheaper, and it's announced that you get all the DLC included.

Your plans are in freefall. "What am I going to do?" you ask yourself. "That game… but what about the quick completion guide on TA?"

You umm, you ahh.
    Deluxe edition game, ALL the DLC.

Screw it. You only live once. You order the cheap ass deluxe version.

Of course, you'll have to find a boosting partner for the multiplayer achievements and that might be tough for such an old game. And it's a right hassle to have to trade it in, isn't it? Being digital and all. But it'll be worth it to have that easy Gamerscore game in my games and apps, won't it. Yeah, that'll be nice and the next TA event is just round the corner.

So what if the game only got sixes and sevens out of ten on all the big gaming sites? You still liked it, right? I mean, it wasn't the best game you ever played, but it was decent. You played it; got all the achievements. It happened.

Suddenly that cheap ass game isn't looking so cool. As the months and years pass you subconsciously tune out the games name emblazoned on the my games and apps list and on your gamercard for all to see. You try to forget about the cup of coffee you could have brought and the mess of a game on your tag forever.

But as you fall asleep at night, you know it's always there - a perpetual reminder of your life's mistakes.
    It's more than just a game, it's a passion.
  • CuthredCuthred674,300
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 17:36
    Redders 420 said:
    All game sales are wack.

I've been there - we all have. A game is on sale. You're really looking forward to it. Ecstatic, even. The publisher announces the price reduction. "Oooh," you think, "that cheap ass game would look good in my games and apps for about four years." You buy it, but the publisher has another surprise up its sleeve. Only a couple of months later it's even cheaper, and it's announced that you get all the DLC included.

Your plans are in freefall. "What am I going to do?" you ask yourself. "That game… but what about the quick completion guide on TA?"

You umm, you ahh.

Of course, you'll have to find a boosting partner for the multiplayer achievements and that might be tough for such an old game. And it's a right hassle to have to trade it in, isn't it? Being digital and all. But it'll be worth it to have that easy Gamerscore game in my games and apps, won't it. Yeah, that'll be nice and the next TA event is just round the corner.

So what if the game only got sixes and sevens out of ten on all the big gaming sites? You still liked it, right? I mean, it wasn't the best game you ever played, but it was decent. You played it; got all the achievements. It happened.

Suddenly that cheap ass game isn't looking so cool. As the months and years pass you subconsciously tune out the games name emblazoned on the my games and apps list and on your gamercard for all to see. You try to forget about the cup of coffee you could have brought and the mess of a game on your tag forever.

But as you fall asleep at night, you know it's always there - a perpetual reminder of your life's mistakes.
    Heretic!
  • FaSCoRPFaSCoRP469,792
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 18:00
    Lately I am doing in reverse, I play games over game pass or those weekend gold and if the games deserves my money, I buy it.
    Examples: Dead Cells and A Plague Tale: Innocence.
    Such a good games that I wanted to pay for them so the devs are a little bit more encouraged to do what they do, perhaps in a next project.
    https://casivg.wordpress.com
  • Posted on 26 May 20 at 21:59
    I Boz l said:
    Have you been rejected from kindergarten too like the other kid? Can you even read before writing stupid and useless statements?

I don't like being f***ed, especially when it comes to money you earn....but probably there are people like you who likes it so...go on and keep getting on your knees
    Your point might be valid, but, with respect, you are going to lose the argument if you keep belittling and attacking people like this.
    Join the Random To Do List monthly challenge! https://www.trueachievements.com/forum/viewthread.aspx?tid=1183836
  • Weasel PizzaWeasel Pizza1,486,461
    Posted on 26 May 20 at 23:00
    zzUrbanSpaceman said:
    I Boz l said:

Your point might be valid, but, with respect, you are going to lose the argument if you keep belittling and attacking people like this.
    Right. Both people agreed with you too. They thought it was pretty apparent to most readers and gave you a little ribbing. Ands who’s screwing you over? Stuff costs what it costs..

$1 today isn’t a $1 tomorrow unless it is. Think about that.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st511,261
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 00:52
    Far Cry 5 Gold edition is £17.49, same price as the the FC5 season pass also in this sale. What kind of scam is Ubisoft running?
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st511,261
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 00:59
    Redders 420 said:
    All game sales are wack.

You umm, you ahh.

Which is exactly why I barely games anymore especially if they are not at least 70%. I decided early this year to ensure value for money of past mistakes by focusing only on my purchased games backlog.
    So far I have only bought two games this year; Firewatch and Storm Boy.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.