Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold for June revealed, with 2200 Gamerscore up for grabs

• Dyet1300Dyet1300586,271
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 17:29, Edited on 27 May 20 at 17:40 by Dyet1300Permalink
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Dyet1300 said:
    It's not what you paid for though. Paying for Xbox Live Gold had existed long before they added in 4 games a month. They had no pressure to do so, they did it to make their service better. The only reason PS offers the same thing is because Xbox was doing it.
    PS Plus gave games first as far as I'm aware.
    Sorry I misspoke a little, PS Plus started first as an optional premium service separate from the then free PSN service (at the time). It was then later wrapped into PSN which you have to pay for. Xbox games with gold were just added into the already existing service.

I'm more so pointing out the fact that a great many of us would have continued paying for gold all these years, except this way we also ended up getting a ton of games as well.
  • Posted on 27 May 20 at 18:08Permalink
    Dwaggienite said:
    Coffee Talk is one of the greatest games from a story-telling perspective in a slice-of-life environment. It has some amazing twists, and I highly recommend it. Out of over 200 promotional reviews I've done, it's been only one of TWO that I gave a perfect score. It's absolutely fantastic.
    I didn't think too much of it initially but when I looked at steam on PC, I saw that it has very high ratings at 95% so it might be worthwhile looking into.
  • Posted on 27 May 20 at 18:35Permalink
    My gosh it's the same arguments every time. Unsubscribe.
  • Lobo SamhainLobo Samhain480,339
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 19:09Permalink
    GWG would be better if instead of games they just gave out MS store credit twice a month so we could just choose what to spend it on within a set time limit
    What?
  • xLsWxxLsWx920,204
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 19:43Permalink
    ClassierPompano said:
    xLsWx said:
    Actually no, you are very incorrect. Even taking games pass out (but why would you for 2quid more a month) we still have the industry standard in peer to peer gaming, and MS knows this, which is why they do not need to dangle carrots on strings. Why are epic doing it, why do PS do it, it isn't for the good of the consumer, it's quite simply to get bums on seats so to speak. Want a better list of free games, join Sony, and enjoy the often stated smaller server amounts, dead online gaming communities and poor connections etc, hell get a PC and get the EPIC games launcer. Personally, with or without gamespass xbl is darn good for its buck....and hey we get four free games a month. Just because they are not AAA multi expense games does not equate to being shit. Shantae, awesome, Destroy all humans, awesome!, Sine Mora - one of the best shoot em ups from last gen (and still very good by todays comparisons) Coffee - not sure, never even heard of it but hey its free, why wouldn't I try it.

Too many people shout entitlement here, yes don't get me wrong, it is irksome that Sony give the best but then I consider what I am getting out of it .a service far far better (by industry accounts and by accounts of folks that have gamed on both systems)
    How is it entitlement. it's not a "free" service, it's part of a package, it's what we paid for. That's like claiming you get the fries and drink for free because you bought a meal deal and when you complain about the quality of the fries, you get told by the manager "shut up and stop being entitled: you got a burger and drink"

If Gamepass is only an extra £2 a month then I would much rather they ditched GWG, meet in the middle and make it £1 more expensive and just offer GP as part of Gold. yes it will be a little more but at least the fries will be good.

Again not entitlement when I am paying for it. I'm not asking them to give me a free months subscription per year. I'm asking them to stop giving us games like Destroy All Humans which goes on sale at 80-90% off every 2-3 weeks.

PlayStation has a much higher player count by a massive margin compared to Xbox: not sure what you're talking about in regards to dead communities, unless you are referring to Trophy hunting then yes that is dead, really don't know why TrueTrophies exists to be honest.

All the server quality stuff is a completely separate battle field and Xbox is good for the most part. We however are talking specifically about GWG, the topic of the article.
    I'll stop you right there. The service existed far before the GwG started. This was an additional incentive. Never an expectation.
  • coinfrenzycoinfrenzy391,421
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 20:53Permalink
    babij17 IV said:
    Destroy All Humans! Oh yeahhh
    that's what I'm saying. Destroy all humans was my game back in the day. I didn't even know they had a remaster. Gonna have to pick that up if it ever goes on sale
    http://stores.ebay.com/coinfrenzyclaimsale IG-@COINFRENZYGAMES
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,174,306
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 21:00Permalink
    Not bad... I thought it was the new DaH for a second
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 21:01Permalink
    Dyet1300 said:
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Dyet1300 said:
    It's not what you paid for though. Paying for Xbox Live Gold had existed long before they added in 4 games a month. They had no pressure to do so, they did it to make their service better. The only reason PS offers the same thing is because Xbox was doing it.
    PS Plus gave games first as far as I'm aware.
    Sorry I misspoke a little, PS Plus started first as an optional premium service separate from the then free PSN service (at the time). It was then later wrapped into PSN which you have to pay for. Xbox games with gold were just added into the already existing service.

I'm more so pointing out the fact that a great many of us would have continued paying for gold all these years, except this way we also ended up getting a ton of games as well.
    I remember paying for gold way before GwG and even back on original Xbox although I think it was called something else. When I heard that I'd get free games I was like hell yeah. If they ever stopped doing it I would be unaffected and happily pay my typical $60 / year for gold or "service I pay for" not free games. Now if the argument was like when original Xbox went from like $20 a year to $60 for 360 that's a whole cost of operations hike since they were really starting to hit the global arena. fast forward and look at Sony they now charge. End of story xD
  • Posted on 27 May 20 at 21:04Permalink
    Killer Welshman said:
    strange they are putting up Destroy All Humans. surely they would want people to buy the remaster instead? Suppose Achievement Hunters will still drop cash on it if they enjoyed it first time round.

Not their strongest month though to be honest (not complaining as it's "free" / included with my Sub)
    The 360 one isn't even backwards compatible. So I can't play it. :(
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58415,881
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 21:06Permalink
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    Lobo Samhain said:
    Still disappointed with these b/c Xbox Originals not having achievements while thier PlayStation couterparts have trophies
    Wow really?! I never knew this.
    They don't. The corresponding games to Xbox Originals would be PS2 games, none of which gained trophies when released through PSNow. Same thing with any PS3 games that didn't have trophies (because not all of them did).

Edit: Also just occurred to me they could have been talking about game ports instead of PSNow streaming, which is obviously a bit different from playing the original game. Stuff like trophies and achievements get added when games get ported.

Destroy All Humans on the PS4 is a port of the original game, so it has trophies.
    Destroy All Humans on the Xbox One doesn't, because it's just the original Xbox game.
    Actually those PS2 to PS4 games are not truly ports, they are actually emulated PS2 titles with trophy support added. They are the exact same game (even down to the PS2 startup screen) with rudimentary trophy support built into the emulator. These could have been SONY's counter to the Microsoft One's Backward Compatibility if not for SONY's greed. They could have easily enabled these versions to unlock when a PS2 disc was inserted like it works on the One but instead decided to further profit off their customer base's nostalgia.

So outside of the added Trophy support and lack of BC there is little difference between the PS2 to PS4 version and the OG Xbox BC version of the game as both are emulated versions of the game from 2 cycles previous.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58415,881
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 21:14Permalink
    Goggs25 said:
    Drazer76 said:
    Goggs25 said:
    L Davies7 said:
    Seeing everyone complain month after month about free games has really started to make my blood boil. It was always meant to be a nice extra rather than a privilege.

Why would you put a fairly new AAA game onto gold when you can beef up Game Pass? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Personally looking forward to giving Sine Mora a go :)
    Another muppet I would like to see you download those games without paying for gold. Enough with this bullshit about them being free.

There is nothing on Xbox that is FREE

You can’t get the games with gold unless you pay for gold
    You can’t play the so called free to play games unless you by gold
    And you can’t even play the demos unless you pay for gold

We are paying for these games the least ms can do is make sure they give away quality games instead Xbox originals and games with unobtainable achievements
    My phone contract gives me free vouchers for restaurants and both a beer and a coffee once a week throUgh an extras program just like this.

I wouldn’t say I pay for those. I pay for my phone bill for calls/internet etc.

Xbox Gold you pay for online gaming access. All other things are free extras (they could be taken away at any point and you can’t complain. But they can’t take away the online gaming, as that’s what you’ve bought).
    Remember when you didn’t get the free games... 🙄
    Remember when you could play online for free and demos was free to play
    Xbox Live Gold has ALWAYS had a cost, thus not free. Your memory fails you.
  • Posted on 27 May 20 at 22:47Permalink
    Oh look, people crying over free games not being specific games that they want...

laugh
  • Kaede393Kaede39373,264
    Posted on 27 May 20 at 23:42Permalink
    I loved Sine Mora EX on Nintendo Switch. This is a good chance to play it again =)
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 00:20, Edited on 28 May 20 at 00:23 by coinfrenzyPermalink
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    Goggs25 said:
    Drazer76 said:
    Goggs25 said:
    L Davies7 said:
    Seeing everyone complain month after month about free games has really started to make my blood boil. It was always meant to be a nice extra rather than a privilege.

Why would you put a fairly new AAA game onto gold when you can beef up Game Pass? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Another muppet I would like to see you download those games without paying for gold. Enough with this bullshit about them being free.

We are paying for these games the least ms can do is make sure they give away quality games instead Xbox originals and games with unobtainable achievements
    My phone contract gives me free vouchers for restaurants and both a beer and a coffee once a week throUgh an extras program just like this.

Xbox Gold you pay for online gaming access. All other things are free extras (they could be taken away at any point and you can’t complain. But they can’t take away the online gaming, as that’s what you’ve bought).
    Ill second that! Xbox was never free! and totally on your side.
    Claiming you're phone contract gives you "perks" that you "wouldn't say you pay for".
    Instead you say you only pay for your phone bill???
    So those perks in essence are a "choice gift" if you'd like to use them. Like GwG!
    -
    Just the same as Xbox Live gold is meant to allow users to play online and literally "ONLY THAT".
    NO ONE & I MEAN NO ONE IS ENTITLED TO FREE CONTENT!!! PERIOD!!!
    Yet Microsoft is kind of enough to at least throw some of their lower end games into the free pile for those who do decide to pay for their online services.
    I've been through this a million times so I'll leave you with this.
    Don't play video games if you're to poor and simpleminded to understand they have to get paid somehow and in someway.
    You don't want to pay for online capabilities or services then go buy a PS1 or Xbox Original.
    Both of their online services are closed so don't worry about online fees.
    Oh but wait you want to play with the other 65,000,000 + Xbox 360 / X1 users.
    Yeah to use those servers you're gonna have to pay for sorry bud.
    -
    & The "Free Games" you say aren't "Free" guess what? They're free!
  • Lobo SamhainLobo Samhain480,339
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 00:32, Edited on 28 May 20 at 00:35 by Lobo SamhainPermalink
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    Lobo Samhain said:
    Still disappointed with these b/c Xbox Originals not having achievements while thier PlayStation couterparts have trophies
    Wow really?! I never knew this.
    They don't. The corresponding games to Xbox Originals would be PS2 games, none of which gained trophies when released through PSNow. Same thing with any PS3 games that didn't have trophies (because not all of them did).

Edit: Also just occurred to me they could have been talking about game ports instead of PSNow streaming, which is obviously a bit different from playing the original game. Stuff like trophies and achievements get added when games get ported.

Destroy All Humans on the PS4 is a port of the original game, so it has trophies.
    Destroy All Humans on the Xbox One doesn't, because it's just the original Xbox game.
    Actually those PS2 to PS4 games are not truly ports, they are actually emulated PS2 titles with trophy support added. They are the exact same game (even down to the PS2 startup screen) with rudimentary trophy support built into the emulator. These could have been SONY's counter to the Microsoft One's Backward Compatibility if not for SONY's greed. They could have easily enabled these versions to unlock when a PS2 disc was inserted like it works on the One but instead decided to further profit off their customer base's nostalgia.

So outside of the added Trophy support and lack of BC there is little difference between the PS2 to PS4 version and the OG Xbox BC version of the game as both are emulated versions of the game from 2 cycles previous.
    Lobo Samhain said:
    even more.
    What?
  • Goggs25Goggs251,269,919
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 00:47Permalink
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    Goggs25 said:
    Drazer76 said:
    Goggs25 said:
    L Davies7 said:

Never said gold was free but some of the stuff u get with gold was free on xbox 360 like playing game demos or joining multiplayer games both you could do on a silver account.
    Goggs25
  • ElyohElyoh814,872
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 00:50Permalink
    Goggs25 said:
    Never said gold was free but some of the stuff u get with gold was free on xbox 360 like playing game demos or joining multiplayer games both you could do on a silver account.
    I didn't think you could ever play multiplayer with a silver account.
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • Posted on 28 May 20 at 03:03Permalink
    Elyoh said:
    Goggs25 said:
    I didn't think you could ever play multiplayer with a silver account.
    As far as I'm aware you couldn't except for the odd Gold Weekend. Granted I didn't played in the OG Box days.
  • Posted on 28 May 20 at 03:29Permalink
    Goggs25 said:
    Demos were free but joining MP games was not available with a Silver account. Hell, you couldn't even use free apps like Youtube with a silver account back then, until they changed it.
  • psportalpsportal161,061
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 06:25Permalink
    I'm actually excited for Coffee Talk. The demo got me intrigued and I'm happy that it's included for June's GwG.
    M.A.K.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.