Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold for June revealed, with 2200 Gamerscore up for grabs

• Harley3651Harley365173,841
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 07:09Permalink
    CaNNoNRuLeS said:
    guess you linked the wrong version of destroy all humans in the first paragraph ;-)
    no they didn't seeing as the remaster doesnt come out til July 26
  • Harley3651Harley365173,841
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 07:11Permalink
    KJer25 said:
    I can’t wait to play the DAH remake in July. I wish they would add achievements to Xbox originals. Oh well...
    they never will
  • pezza888pezza888119,570
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 10:23Permalink
    Dyet1300 said:
    [...]
    Beyond that, you're complaining about 4 games not being up to your standard and this somehow means the whole service is garbage? This is one month, out of 12. Last year $1196 (at full price) worth of games were given as part of the service, how is that bad?

Think about it mathematically, in Canada, Xbox live is $69.99 for the year. This means you're spending $70 to play online and as an addition you receive almost $1200 worth of games in a year. Even if you hate 95% of the games offered, the other 5% is still worth $60-70 (1200 x 0.05 = 60). Which ends up being the same value exchange as if you bought them outright... except you also get a good online service... oh ya and $1130 worth of more games.
    I see your point, and in my opinion xbl is still good value, but just wanted to add that maybe you shouldn't use RRP in your calculations here as most games are available at less than that price either on sale or from physical retailers.
    In your hypothetical example, sure 5% might be worth buying but perhaps not at their full RRP. Not sure how that alters the economics but something to consider.
  • Posted on 28 May 20 at 11:34Permalink
    So pleased Winther thise :)
    Beware of the grammar police!
  • Drazer76Drazer76521,724
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 13:52, Edited on 28 May 20 at 13:53 by Drazer76Permalink
    coinfrenzy said:
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    Goggs25 said:
    Drazer76 said:
    Goggs25 said:
    L Davies7 said:
    Seeing everyone complain month after month about free games has really started to make my blood boil. It was always meant to be a nice extra rather than a privilege.

Why would you put a fairly new AAA game onto gold when you can beef up Game Pass? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Personally looking forward to giving Sine Mora a go :)
    Another muppet I would like to see you download those games without paying for gold. Enough with this bullshit about them being free.

There is nothing on Xbox that is FREE

You can’t get the games with gold unless you pay for gold
    You can’t play the so called free to play games unless you by gold
    And you can’t even play the demos unless you pay for gold

We are paying for these games the least ms can do is make sure they give away quality games instead Xbox originals and games with unobtainable achievements
    My phone contract gives me free vouchers for restaurants and both a beer and a coffee once a week throUgh an extras program just like this.

I wouldn’t say I pay for those. I pay for my phone bill for calls/internet etc.

Xbox Gold you pay for online gaming access. All other things are free extras (they could be taken away at any point and you can’t complain. But they can’t take away the online gaming, as that’s what you’ve bought).
    Remember when you didn’t get the free games... 🙄
    Remember when you could play online for free and demos was free to play
    Xbox Live Gold has ALWAYS had a cost, thus not free. Your memory fails you.
    Ill second that! Xbox was never free! and totally on your side.
    Claiming you're phone contract gives you "perks" that you "wouldn't say you pay for".
    Instead you say you only pay for your phone bill???
    So those perks in essence are a "choice gift" if you'd like to use them. Like GwG!

-
    & The "Free Games" you say aren't "Free" guess what? They're free!
    I feel like you’re talking to Goggs here, but you’re quoting my post where I liken free GwG to free extras on a phone saying it’s the same thing.
    You just reiterate the whole point I was making with the phone analogy, not sure if you misread my post or..
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58415,881
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 14:21Permalink
    Goggs25 said:
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    Goggs25 said:
    Drazer76 said:
    Goggs25 said:
    L Davies7 said:
    Seeing everyone complain month after month about free games has really started to make my blood boil. It was always meant to be a nice extra rather than a privilege.

Why would you put a fairly new AAA game onto gold when you can beef up Game Pass? Seems like a no brainer to me.

Personally looking forward to giving Sine Mora a go :)
    Another muppet I would like to see you download those games without paying for gold. Enough with this bullshit about them being free.

There is nothing on Xbox that is FREE

You can’t get the games with gold unless you pay for gold
    You can’t play the so called free to play games unless you by gold
    And you can’t even play the demos unless you pay for gold

We are paying for these games the least ms can do is make sure they give away quality games instead Xbox originals and games with unobtainable achievements
    My phone contract gives me free vouchers for restaurants and both a beer and a coffee once a week throUgh an extras program just like this.

I wouldn’t say I pay for those. I pay for my phone bill for calls/internet etc.

Xbox Gold you pay for online gaming access. All other things are free extras (they could be taken away at any point and you can’t complain. But they can’t take away the online gaming, as that’s what you’ve bought).
    Remember when you didn’t get the free games... 🙄
    Remember when you could play online for free and demos was free to play
    Xbox Live Gold has ALWAYS had a cost, thus not free. Your memory fails you.

Never said gold was free but some of the stuff u get with gold was free on xbox 360 like playing game demos or joining multiplayer games both you could do on a silver account.
    Again you are incorrect, you could not join others online games with a Silver account. Only a few games themselves would allow people to play as guest accounts while a Gold member was playing on the same console in online games, many required all players on a console to have Gold accounts to play online. And back then you could not use many of the apps like Netflix or Prime video unless you had a Gold membership. There was only ONE game that I know of that allowed online play with a Silver account, Final Fantasy XI Online - and that game required a monthly subscription. Now that I think of it there might have been a second one, Phantasy Star Universe, but that also had a subscription fee attached. So neither example of Silver online play was free either, the money just didn't go to Microsoft (and was more expensive for only one game!).

And to be quite honest, I am not sure how valid your claim is about not being able to play any demos on the One without a Gold membership as I've never heard of such a thing. I may have to test that on my better half's account (after turning off Gold sharing on the console) to see if there is any validity to that claim as it sounds pretty iffy to me.
  • Dyet1300Dyet1300586,271
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 14:30Permalink
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    And to be quite honest, I am not sure how valid your claim is about not being able to play any demos on the One without a Gold membership as I've never heard of such a thing. I may have to test that on my better half's account (after turning off Gold sharing on the console) to see if there is any validity to that claim as it sounds pretty iffy to me.
    After a quick google search (haven't tested it myself) it looks like you can play demos without a gold subscription. As well as doing any other online activity, Netflix, internet explorer, etc.
  • babij17 IVbabij17 IV116,454
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 16:11, Edited on 28 May 20 at 16:23 by babij17 IVPermalink
    Remember Splinter Cell Double Agent Multiplayers Demo? Totally 60% full game free MP free map
  • x athiktos xx athiktos x205,999
    Posted on 28 May 20 at 16:39Permalink
    Now they are just getting cheeky.
    I tlain you life!
  • xLsWxxLsWx920,204
    Posted on 29 May 20 at 00:22Permalink
    Dyet1300 said:
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    After a quick google search (haven't tested it myself) it looks like you can play demos without a gold subscription. As well as doing any other online activity, Netflix, internet explorer, etc.
    That is recent tbh, could never do it pre xb1
  • PangoBaraPangoBara1,146,587
    Posted on 29 May 20 at 00:27Permalink
    xLsWx said:
    Dyet1300 said:
    dlCHIEF58 said:
    That is recent tbh, could never do it pre xb1
    Pretty sure that's what they were saying
    Santino
  • AnatanaAnatana194,935
    Posted on 29 May 20 at 00:51Permalink
    Y'all need to try Sine Mora before you complain. It's one of the best rail shooters ever made
  • Morpheus414Morpheus414245,321
    Posted on 29 May 20 at 04:43Permalink
    I've never tried Destroy All Humans! before, so why not?

And that Coffee Talk thing...that's just for the goofs. wink
    I can singlehandedly replace Bungo’s entire army of 500.
  • Osmo76Osmo76814,548
    Posted on 29 May 20 at 08:44Permalink
    Hope you guys settled your differences on that whole 'GwG isn't free' matter, so we don't have to have that argument again
    *** Spoiler - click to reveal ***
  • Posted on 29 May 20 at 09:16Permalink
    I'm glad I waited out on getting all of the Shantae games. I almost bought them when they started getting removed from Game Pass, but didn't want to also buy the content. Now, I'm ok with that if I get the base games.
  • CaNNoNRuLeSCaNNoNRuLeS356,901
    Posted on 29 May 20 at 12:42Permalink
    Harley3651 said:
    CaNNoNRuLeS said:
    guess you linked the wrong version of destroy all humans in the first paragraph ;-)
    no they didn't seeing as the remaster doesnt come out til July 26
    they first linked the xbox 360 version.
  • I Boz lI Boz l667,238
    Posted on 01 June 20 at 14:13Permalink
    Can someone tell me if is Shantae and the Pirate's Curse is worth playing?
    I like Metroidvania/Platformers so i can handle challenges...i just wanted to know if the game is well made (and not incredibly hard).

I don't really want to lose it because the game is cheap or too hard...just need something i can enjoy and relax

thanks
  • Tatl360Tatl360254,539
    Posted on 01 June 20 at 18:04, Edited on 01 June 20 at 18:10 by Tatl360Permalink
    I Boz l said:
    I like Metroidvania/Platformers so i can handle challenges...i just wanted to know if the game is well made (and not incredibly hard).

I don't really want to lose it because the game is cheap or too hard...just need something i can enjoy and relax

thanks
    It is very easy. And it's small too. Ori is a bit harder to 100%.
    Oh and about if it's worth it. It is fun, yes. Very fun to play and progress.
  • I Boz lI Boz l667,238
    Posted on 01 June 20 at 18:28Permalink
    Tatl360 said:
    I Boz l said:

thanks
    It is very easy. And it's small too. Ori is a bit harder to 100%.
    Oh and about if it's worth it. It is fun, yes. Very fun to play and progress.
    Thanks for the info. At first i got scared looking at the ratio but it looks like it's the same old story that people leave the game early
  • wildwest08wildwest08908,035
    Posted on 03 June 20 at 23:30Permalink
    Decent month for me
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.