The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

A huge Xbox sale has just gone live on the Microsoft Store — here's everything on offer

• Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever2,787,991
    Posted on 07 June 20 at 08:14
    Waiting on the rock band 4 dlc to go on sale again.
    Crackdown 3!
  • rIKmANrIKmAN769,433
    Posted on 07 June 20 at 17:58
    Greavsie93 said:
    As far as I know they were/are free updates for Horizons pass holders, so as long as you own the Horizons Season Pass you’ll have access. In fact, I’m pretty sure Horizons is the only paid expansion released so far for ED.
    Thanks man, appreciate the reply and gonna grab it! :)
  • CIutch CoreyCIutch Corey1,503,301
    Posted on 07 June 20 at 23:42
    Same old.
    Corey
  • Tecstar70Tecstar70216,094
    Posted on 08 June 20 at 10:29
    Despite all the bad press I always fancied ReCore, so picked it up for £3.74. Happy with that and quite enjoying it so far.
  • Guirec730Guirec730416,862
    Posted on 08 June 20 at 13:54
    Tecstar70 said:
    Despite all the bad press I always fancied ReCore, so picked it up for £3.74. Happy with that and quite enjoying it so far.
    Didn't realize it had bad press. I remember a lot of hype because it had some serious muscle in the creative talent department (Mega Man creator? Metroid Prime team? Something like that).

It's free on xcloud, I've been working my way towards it...
    State of the badass art.
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,482,623
    Posted on 08 June 20 at 14:26
    Guirec730 said:
    Tecstar70 said:
    Didn't realize it had bad press. I remember a lot of hype because it had some serious muscle in the creative talent department (Mega Man creator? Metroid Prime team? Something like that).

I've been playing it on my laptop recently (half to love Play Anywhere in the time of a pandemic, where I've lost access to the TV many more times than before). It's a little bland, and I felt like the main storyline didn't crescendo, but just suddenly ended (even if the storyline wasn't the point, but it was still awkward writing), and then just turns into a collectible hunt. I think it makes (for me) a good game to play while listening to podcasts though.
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,114,475
    Posted on 08 June 20 at 14:42
    Hope there's still a sale tonight. This massive list and I got absolutely nothing.
  • Tecstar70Tecstar70216,094
    Posted on 08 June 20 at 21:14
    Guirec730 said:
    Tecstar70 said:

Yeah, apparently it was VERY buggy on first release plus it didn't live up to expectations hence the Definitive Edition to fix it. It sounds like they ran out of steam and released a cut down version of the game they were originally intending to release. I think it was left with not much depth, but I like the environment and premise even if it doesn't tax the brain cells too much!
  • Guirec730Guirec730416,862
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 10:04
    Tecstar70 said:
    Guirec730 said:
    Tecstar70 said:

Yeah, apparently it was VERY buggy on first release plus it didn't live up to expectations hence the Definitive Edition to fix it. It sounds like they ran out of steam and released a cut down version of the game they were originally intending to release. I think it was left with not much depth, but I like the environment and premise even if it doesn't tax the brain cells too much!
    That actually doesn't sound very enticing at all. There's plenty of games with good stories that have brainless, fun environments to explore (pretty much all Ubisoft single player games in the last 5 years)
    State of the badass art.
  • TymanTheLongTymanTheLong527,606
    Posted on 11 June 20 at 01:13
    Guirec730 said:
    Tecstar70 said:
    Guirec730 said:
    Tecstar70 said:

That actually doesn't sound very enticing at all. There's plenty of games with good stories that have brainless, fun environments to explore (pretty much all Ubisoft single player games in the last 5 years)
    That’s pretty much what happened with Fable on the original XBox. I bought it at full price and was so annoyed. The Lost Chapters actually fixed the game itself (despite not fulfilling all of Molyneux’s bull crap promises, no game he was ever in charge of ever do so far as I know).

Yeah, buggy releases suck and shouldn’t ideally happen, but if it’s fixed now, it’s fixed. Fallen Order has been out for months and EA still hasn’t fixed its serious issues, and y be industry kissed their butt for it, seems hard to be mad at someone who actually did fix their game post release.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,115,036
    Posted on 11 June 20 at 15:02
    Came back to grab Crash Bandicoot Trilogy, Dead Rising 4 Deluxe, and a copy of Halo 5. Also grabbed the Surf N Turf DLC for Overcooked 2 Win 10 to round off my $50.

If you redeem a $50 card at 46,000 points, it's effectively the same as when the cards go on sale for 20% off. The punchcard for the Deals Unlocked sale is worth 4,000 points when you spend over $40 and you get 1,000 points for spending $50, so you're looking at 41,000 vs 40,000 points for $50. I'll take that now for the convenience of not needing to wait on a hot deal for gift cards.
  • xenomorphsxenomorphs705,502
    Posted on 12 June 20 at 19:38
    Is Ghost Recon Breakpoint worth it at this price as I can use my £5 off and get for £12.99. I know AI team mates are coming back next month.
  • Posted on 14 June 20 at 08:23
    Dead Rising 4 Deluxe Edition for less than 15 AUD? That's a definite buy, holy shit!
    My old signature offended someone, so it got removed.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 June 20 at 01:23
    i
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 17 June 20 at 01:24
    love this game
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,956,526
    Posted on 28 July 20 at 22:48
    i don't think there's anything for me, but will double check. scrutinise a bit more closely.
    No1 reason, some of the pricing is ridiculous, i picked up many physical copies half the sale price 12 months or more ago.
    for the few i class as bargains, some have been cheaper and most i've already bought in previous sales

and have you seen GWG
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads