The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: June 9th, 2020

• SeeD RedSeeD Red654,287
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 10:21
    PlayStation sales are way better than Xbox sales usually. A shame Microsoft is not more agressive with these…
  • BasileusBasileus263,412
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 11:58
    Nothing for me this week.
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,333,345
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 12:19
    1 for me
  • romo7816romo7816617,568
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 12:50
    Poo week. When are we getting Gamepass games? No announcements or new games, other than one game. Come on Microsoft don't start making Gamepass not worth the money.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,210
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 13:55
    Thinking about OlliOlli2, really solid price tag, and snagging a Prison Architect, really liked it and want a digital license.
  • rob25Xrob25X677,476
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 14:45
    Seitzz said:
    Thinking about OlliOlli2, really solid price tag, and snagging a Prison Architect, really liked it and want a digital license.
    OlliOlli2 is very challenging. I played it on PS4. I couldn't tell if the game was highly skill reliant or just broken as I felt like identical inputs gave me different results (landed tricks and fails).

The price is great though. Hope you enjoy it.
  • St3phosaurusSt3phosaurus210,565
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 14:53
    Finally picked up serial cleaner woo
  • Posted on 09 June 20 at 15:30
    rocking23nf said:
    i used to get excited for sales, now i just scroll to the comments.
  • AnToN XnAnToN Xn496,400
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 16:11
    UneaseEntree7 said:
    AnToN Xn said:
    That Hopiko and Tango fiesta bundle at 2,49€ is really tempting
    Tango Fiesta is probably the least polished, most broken game that I've played on X1.

It was developed by a small indie studio, Spilt Milk Games, a three man team from Britain. The team has some experience making mobile games, but this was the only indie title they've managed to get to market even they've been around for close to a decade.

Tango Fiesta was initially on Steam in early access forever. When it finally released, it was poorly reviewed and full of glitches. The devs promised a big update a few months later to fix the litany of issues, but then applied and received a grant from the UK government to work on an unrelated prototype and abandoned the game completely with complete radio silence.

They later transferred the console porting to Xbox and PS4 to another publisher, Merge Games, who ported it to console without addressing any of the PC glitches and long after the Steam version had been abandoned and was dead. The original devs then have the nerve to wash their hands of the console versions and suggest console users should address any persisting bugs with Merge Games instead.

I bought this game for 1.99 CDN earlier in the year, and I still regret it.

The game is like a very poor man's Broforce on PS4, if it wasn't fun and didn't work.

The storyline is cringy and the cutscenes go on forever. The procedural generation is awful and repetitive. Enemies spawn stuck in walls. The player can only shoot in 8 directions instead of 360 degrees, making aiming a chore. Mission objectives are basic and repeat over and over for the 15 levels. The second world boss leaves the playable area 75% of the time, never to return and requiring constant restarts. Enemy AI is brutal and you can mostly just run around them between objectives.

Enemies spawn indefinitely, so there's little point in killing them. There's also an insane difficulty spike in the final world where flying droids and missiles that kill you in seconds and can't be dodged spawn indefinitely. There's also massive slowdown issues on the final boss fight, which I can't imagine beating without using exploits (playing with a second controller that acts as your meat shield)

There are also at least 4 Day One unobtainable achievements, and some others like the one requiring you to have 10 enemies to kill each other on the Killionaire stage that a handful of TA members have unlocked, but I personally have spent tens of hours trying to accomplish them in every which way and I'm convinced that it may not be possible.
    Wow I didn’t know that, I said that because I’m interested to play Hopiko and I thought it was the same kind of game..

I went to see the game, and you’re right, it seems to be a very poor game, anyway those unobtainable achievements are keeping me out, I hate that..

Thanks for the advice and the story man :)
  • Posted on 09 June 20 at 18:23, Edited on 09 June 20 at 18:25 by The S bot 9000
    Interested in Serial Cleaner after seeing all the recommendations in this thread and Ghost 1.0 since it seems pretty neat and has a high ratio 0.0.

Edit: also considering picking up OlliOlli2
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor399,904
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 20:51
    UneaseEntree7 said:
    AnToN Xn said:
    That Hopiko and Tango fiesta bundle at 2,49€ is really tempting
    Tango Fiesta is probably the least polished, most broken game that I've played on X1...
    Thanks for taking one for the team man. It's people like you that help the rest of us avoid cow flops treacherously hiding in the grass.
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor399,904
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 20:58
    romo7816 said:
    Poo week. When are we getting Gamepass games? No announcements or new games, other than one game. Come on Microsoft don't start making Gamepass not worth the money.
    They better roll up their sleeves and really start stocking their shelves with high quality merchandise if they want that $1 every 3 months and 5 clicks on Bing.
  • Redd FiveRedd Five895,350
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 21:39
    I think at $9.99 it's finally time to play RE7.
    Also, Ghost 1.0 looks fun.
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,210
    Posted on 09 June 20 at 21:39
    Grabbed OlliOlli 2 for $3, seemed pretty solid. Still thinking on Prison Architect, lowest it's been, but seeing as I just want a copy, maybe I'll just wait and see if it gets cheaper in the future.
  • MrKoolxDoodMrKoolxDood373,627
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 00:32
    I am gonna be gone on vacation for about 2 weeks and I wont be able to bring my xbox to keep my achievement streak. Does anybody know any ios games that i can use to keep it up?
  • SeitzzSeitzz1,000,210
  • ZenphiR0ZenphiR0113,111
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 10:24
    Waited a long time for Ghost 1.0
    Very good metroidvania
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.