Editorials and Features

Forum for Editorials and other News Features

Here's what we think would make the perfect Harry Potter RPG

• Posted on 10 June 20 at 13:33, Edited on 10 June 20 at 13:35 by Nukes A Lot 2
    The perfect HP RPGs already exist and they're Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets on GameBoy Color.

I'd love to see a HP game play like Bully, though!
    The Ferg
  • o Heres Jonny oo Heres Jonny o1,660,980
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 13:39
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:
    The perfect HP RPGs already exist and they're Philosopher's Stone and Chamber of Secrets on GameBoy Color.

Love this idea, Potter in a bully world. Top marks.
    Happy Gaming
  • Ludio NomenLudio Nomen738,399
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 14:03
    Anything as long as J.K. doesn't touch it laugh
    He tried to kill me with a forklift!
  • Posted on 10 June 20 at 14:14
    since J.K. cant keep her mouth shut, this isnt happening anytime soon no matter how much the "we" want it
  • psportalpsportal220,745
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 14:14
    Ludio Nomen said:
    J.K., lol!
    M.A.K.
  • TreviosoTrevioso353,321
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 14:29
    Nukes A Lot 2 said:

Yes!!! I had both the gameboy color and gameboy advance games. Completely different, but loved the color more cause of the level up features.
  • Posted on 10 June 20 at 15:05
    I really enjoyed Order of the Phoenix and Half Blood Price on the Wii. I actually explored the castle instead of having a linear game.
    Th3 Awesom3 One
  • White WyvernWhite Wyvern540,085
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 16:18
    The deathly hallow games were trash on wii, loved the gba and lego titles though.

Imagine if this was one big rumour though, I'd be so upset lol.
    Beep Boop
  • SmarmySmurfSmarmySmurf357,651
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 16:23
    Ludio Nomen said:
    This was my first thought as well. The HP world borrows liberally from so many things that in the right hands it can offer so much, but keep Rowling far away. Not just because of her personal issues , but because she's just really inconsistent with world building and characters.

My main wants: let us get sorted, let us actually RP our own personality and alignment, choose our own friends. If I'm forced to be a HP-lite "good guy" pre-defined character with one bookish friend and one (annoying af) slacker friend, that's lazy and boring.
  • rob25Xrob25X724,152
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 16:50, Edited on 10 June 20 at 22:18 by rob25X
    I didn't really care for Harry Potter mania really but The Half-Blood Prince game... absolutely superb. One of the most brilliantly designed and games of the 360/PS3 generation in my opinion. A magical and thoroughly enjoyable game.

A Harry Potter RPG could be amazing if done right. Not a game I would play myself but I'm sure fans would love it.
  • AnToN XnAnToN Xn639,383
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 17:13
    My favorite HP game is the lego ones, the two of them..
    I dream since I’m a child to have an awesome open world with full Hogwarts, the town around, etc..
    Really hope they’ll announce it soon
  • LORDOFDOOKIE69LORDOFDOOKIE692,104,841
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 19:19
    Emma Watson. That’s all I need.
  • Flava1975Flava19751,761,882
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 20:00
    I’d be satisfied with upgraded versions of all the EA games with achievements. I’d like almost anything Harry Potter!!
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,778,685
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 20:07
    That may be the only way to make me play a full fledged RPG
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,675,132
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 20:50
    people saying as long as JK Rowling has nothing to do with it, jeez!
    she stands up for women's rights, has suffered domestic and sexual abuse and the numpties online etc pile on giving her terrible abuse.
    she's allowed her views and if her being involved with a future Harry Potter game upsets you don't buy it.
    Harry Potter is her IP nothing gets made without her involvement.

rant over

i enjoyed the lego HP games and i know my boys liked the gameboy games, so there is a huge potential for another Harry Potter game.
    i'm not big on RPG games but if had good story, large world etc i'd give it a go.

P.S sorry re rant i know it's not the place but have a wee look on twitter and see the violent threats made against her.
    and before anyone asks i don't give a S*** about race religion colour sexuality. i respect everyone who respects me.
    stay safe and take care
  • Sneaky G WizardSneaky G Wizard1,335,630
    Posted on 10 June 20 at 23:30
    Please don't ruin this thread with comments about J.K Rowling

I'd actually like to read the communities ideas and suggestions please
    I have to politely disagree, they are all better off neither seen nor heard
  • Boss MonsterBoss Monster678,982
    Posted on 11 June 20 at 00:51
    scotwolf2 said:
    people saying as long as JK Rowling has nothing to do with it, jeez!
    she stands up for women's rights, has suffered domestic and sexual abuse and the numpties online etc pile on giving her terrible abuse.
    she's allowed her views and if her being involved with a future Harry Potter game upsets you don't buy it.
    Harry Potter is her IP nothing gets made without her involvement.

rant over

i enjoyed the lego HP games and i know my boys liked the gameboy games, so there is a huge potential for another Harry Potter game.
    i'm not big on RPG games but if had good story, large world etc i'd give it a go.

P.S sorry re rant i know it's not the place but have a wee look on twitter and see the violent threats made against her.
    and before anyone asks i don't give a S*** about race religion colour sexuality. i respect everyone who respects me.
    stay safe and take care
    But she said something that people didn't agree with, so we have to crucify her! You are allowed to have your own beliefs and views so long as they are the correct ones.

But on topic I would like to see an Overlord style game, maybe not with the minions style gameplay but a game where you are in house Slytherin and are trying to become an evil wizard.
    Shut your crap, York.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,675,132
    Posted on 11 June 20 at 01:12, Edited on 11 June 20 at 14:54 by Elite1111111111
    A Boss Monster said:
    But she said something that people didn't agree with, so we have to crucify her! You are allowed to have your own beliefs and views so long as they are the correct ones.

But on topic I would like to see an Overlord style game, maybe not with the minions style gameplay but a game where you are in house Slytherin and are trying to become an evil wizard.
    Yeh no one can have a different view, gone is being civilised, debate and respect.

Think you're on to something, I like the idea off a dark/evil HP game with the bad guys as main characters, Slytherin etc up to no good in HP world, not just Hogwarts.
    I like the thought of being evil and seeing it from the other side, backstory and more.
    🤘🤘

Mod Edit: Fixed janky quote.
  • keoskeykeoskey1,846,393
    Posted on 11 June 20 at 01:20
    I would love a remaster of the original PS1 Harry potter and the sorcerer's stone game.
    [url=http://xboxamerica.com/?r=card-23392][img]http://xboxamerica.com/gamercards/slim-summary/keoske
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.