The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: June 16th, 2020

  • Blissed AwayBlissed Away668,758
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 08:47, Edited on 16 June 20 at 08:51 by Blissed Away
    Just play Sims 4 on EA Access if you only want the achievements done in a few hours. Also on xCloud.
  • Posted on 16 June 20 at 09:42
    DmCTHREE6 said:
    Is For Honor any good?
    Very good! Had so much fun on the game !
  • Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:02
    I promised myself to work on my backlog before buying or starting anything else.
    Nothing wrong with some window shopping though toast
    That was an improvement, but it's not hard to improve on garbage. Try it again.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st518,067
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:05
    eayragt said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    TheRyanGillam said:
    90% off Sims 4?

    I'm in.

    -edit-

    Just 65% off on UK and Swedish store. I'm out. May as well just stick with EA Access.
    Or change the region on your console to US and get it for $4. You can still play it after you change your region back.
    is a credit card required or does it change microsoft credit currency?
    Your best bet is to buy US credit off somewhere like cdkeys or G2A.
    toast
  • StevenT475StevenT47560,110
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:20
    Meh. EA and F2P dlc. Nothing to interesting
  • ROBBERT DHTROBBERT DHT1,252,623
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:24
    crewdy4923 said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    TheRyanGillam said:
    90% off Sims 4?

    I'm in.

    -edit-

    Just 65% off on UK and Swedish store. I'm out. May as well just stick with EA Access.
    Or change the region on your console to US and get it for $4. You can still play it after you change your region back.
    is a credit card required or does it change microsoft credit currency?
    Follow this guide and you're golden: https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxone/comments/5dmneb/guide_buyin... --- Add a random hotel address in Alaska for 0 tax.

    Basically, buy a USD gift card > Change Xbox website region > Buy Game > ??? > Profit

    I suggest G2A for currency keys (even UK ones as they are cheaper somehow) rather than the MS store. You can save an absolute TON this way. I preordered the US version of F1 2020 for £20 cheaper than the UK version!
    G2A is shady as fuck. Avoid it is my advice. You can risk your account getting banned with codes from G2A. Many codes gained with stolen credit cards. Hell, even developers rather have it that you pirate their game than buy a key from G2A. Look it up and you want to avoid it as well. Saving a few euro/dollar or other currency for risking your account, not the smartest thing to do.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead583,237
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:39
    I use PCGameSupply - codes are delivered in minutes.

    When you buy anything abroad, always use their currency and not yours.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • crewdycrewdy644,923
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:43
    ROBBERT DHT said:
    G2A is shady as fuck. Avoid it is my advice. You can risk your account getting banned with codes from G2A. Many codes gained with stolen credit cards. Hell, even developers rather have it that you pirate their game than buy a key from G2A. Look it up and you want to avoid it as well. Saving a few euro/dollar or other currency for risking your account, not the smartest thing to do.
    Hmm, interesting - wasn't aware of that! Definitely sounds pretty dodge. I'll stick to the MS Store in future then toast
  • Posted on 16 June 20 at 11:27
    For those with gamepass and playing theses two games

    - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night (added September 19th 2019)
    - Dead Cells (added September 15th 2019)

    I would suggest picking up the two above during this sale as theyre due to come up on the leaving soon list. Just a friendly reminder if u have gamepass and are planing to play the games soon
    Gamer for lifeFan of games not plastic boxs
  • gobey17gobey17832,169
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 11:57
    Any opinions on Don't Starve Together? Like the art style and played a tiny bit of the first one on pc, just wondered how it is co-op.
  • xCRiMZoNxxCRiMZoNx285,385
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 12:12
    Gintama ZURA said:
    Yes! I've been waiting for Door Kickers to go on sale. I missed it the first time around. Awesome and addicting game.

    Astral Array said:
    EA must be desperate for money. Heat was $54 last week. Now its $24 lol maybe if you listen to your gamers you wouldn't be struggling with money. Noobs
    This is completely unrelated to what you said, but I feel the need to mention your amazing gamer picture. Everchanger is an amazing album and Invent, Animate is one of my favorite artists lol. Courier and Moon Phase are probably my favorites. You ?
    Not that you asked me but its very rare I ever see anyone talk about prog/djent on here. Luna, Sol, and Courier are my favs off Everchanger. Cool to see I'm not the only one that loves metal on this site :p rock
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76582,161
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 13:23
    Xtasian 0stix said:
    DmCTHREE6 said:
    Is For Honor any good?
    Very good! Had so much fun on the game !
    Like most things, it's a matter of taste. I didn't enjoy it all.

    Note that combat is the block-and-counter variety. I couldn't get into it even after finishing the campaign (which isn't worth it) and some grinding.
  • Posted on 16 June 20 at 13:40
    Matodion 1st said:
    Well this sale is the mehest of meh. Back to levelling down my backlog thank you.
    you mean you're gonna pass on "Mulletman and the Moleman" and "Save Your Nuts"?
  • AnToN XnAnToN Xn459,584
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 14:38
    Interesting sale, with some little games at a cheap price.. I think I'll take Almost There first
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz623,109
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 15:27
    I have surprisingly few of these indie games on my sale tracker. Any suggestions from fans?

    Astral Array said:
    EA must be desperate for money. Heat was $54 last week. Now its $24 lol maybe if you listen to your gamers you wouldn't be struggling with money. Noobs
    It gets added to the vault on EA Access today, so they're just trying to get whatever money they can from non-members at this point. It will only get cheaper from here.

    https://twitter.com/EAAccess/status/1270762656241197057
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney731,908
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 16:39
    A Hole New World looks like such a fun little retro game, but the ratings on it have been really bad. Wondering who on here has played it and can explain why?
    Hey, you! Pipe down!
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st518,067
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 17:56
    SquiSquiSquidio said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Well this sale is the mehest of meh. Back to levelling down my backlog thank you.
    you mean you're gonna pass on "Mulletman and the Moleman" and "Save Your Nuts"?
    Yep., now I have to focus on starting Life is Strange 2 before it leaves game pass.
  • FireDrake007FireDrake007133,963
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 19:18
    Matodion 1st said:
    SquiSquiSquidio said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Well this sale is the mehest of meh. Back to levelling down my backlog thank you.
    you mean you're gonna pass on "Mulletman and the Moleman" and "Save Your Nuts"?
    Yep., now I have to focus on starting Life is Strange 2 before it leaves game pass.
    Same thing I hope to finish Life is Strange 2 and Metro Exodus before they leave Gamepass.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead583,237
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 19:31, Edited on 16 June 20 at 19:32 by HolyHalfDead
    crewdy4923 said:
    Basically, buy a USD gift card > Change Xbox website region > Buy Game > ??? > Profit
    I find CAD gift cards are usually cheaper, especially for games where USD = CAD.

    For example LEGO Worlds was $8.99 from both. That works out at $14 NZD from US or $10.30 NZD From Canada, for a game that is usually $55 NZD.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • Posted on 16 June 20 at 19:56
    SilentJay76 said:
    Xtasian 0stix said:
    DmCTHREE6 said:
    Is For Honor any good?
    Very good! Had so much fun on the game !
    Like most things, it's a matter of taste. I didn't enjoy it all.

    Note that combat is the block-and-counter variety. I couldn't get into it even after finishing the campaign (which isn't worth it) and some grinding.
    yeh, that was a quick message from my phone :D

    but indeed, that's a matter of taste. Honestly when the game came out and even with the beta, i was not really interested, i did not try, i thought this would be repetitive etc...

    and then we got that thanks to GwG.. and i really got into it! Also with a team of 4 friends, when teamplay had strong meaning..we had a lot of fun, teamwork, some rage moments also :D but this was a good experience for us :)

    Of course some people would love this game, others won't :)
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.