Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass loses nine games soon - grab the achievements while you can

• CanezzaCanezza146,320
  • xNotStopEvilxNotStopEvil275,632
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 09:54
    Time for finish life is strange 2 dlc
  • Nelson TNNelson TN105,266
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 09:54
    Does anyone know if the Shadow tactics estimation of 40-50 hours is a good estimation? Been meaning to start it.
  • ClockKingRMClockKingRM872,744
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 09:57
    Aw man, looks like I have to slog through the last 3 episodes of Life is Strange 2. God damn that game is so boring. I literally just screw around on my phone as the game plays itself.
  • CognitiveCaveatCognitiveCaveat1,061,147
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:01
    Die For Valhalla is only available on Game Pass for PC. I assume the achievements are only for the Xbox One version of the game?
    Dave Bricker, Ph.D. CognitiveCaveat
  • Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:04
    Dammit man.
    I was hoping that second DLC for Metro Exodus would go on sale before it left.angry
  • HealttiHealtti2,729,034
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:06
    Nelson TN said:
    Does anyone know if the Shadow tactics estimation of 40-50 hours is a good estimation?
    Fairly accurate as TA averages go.

See the completions leaderboard here: (click on the blue "time played" to sort by comp time)
    Shadow Tactics – Blades of the Shogun Completionists

Side note: Good run, @HUN playmore. We can rematch when Desperados III is out. smile
    "We aren't planning on doing anything about it." - Bethesda Support North America
  • SplyntaSplynta522,576
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:09
    ClockKing1986 said:
    Aw man, looks like I have to slog through the last 3 episodes of Life is Strange 2. God damn that game is so boring. I literally just screw around on my phone as the game plays itself.
    I feel the exact same about that game
  • CanezzaCanezza146,320
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:14
    Splynta said:
    ClockKing1986 said:
    +1
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • xPut Name HerexxPut Name Herex1,157,217
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:15
    Shadow Tactics and Steamworld Dig for my "maybe play before the end of the month" list. Life is Strange 2 would be on there, but that fact I haven't played it yet probably speaks to the negative sentiment infrequently hear about the game compared to the original.
  • supkrissupkris1,060,818
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:23
    Splynta said:
    ClockKing1986 said:
    Felt the same initially but it still has the same level of immersion as the first two games. Not sure, but If you play purely from achievements perspective it will be boring. I realised that and started interacting with game world and found the game to be good. LiS games are meant to be slow paced. It’s a slow poison and that’s it’s biggest strength. Just don’t try to miss it and complete it when you can
  • ciornyiMDciornyiMD1,491,047
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:24
    hm 17 titles leaving this month …. GJ MS
  • supkrissupkris1,060,818
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:24
    On the other hand I find metro exodus to be extremely slow and boring for a shooter. Couldn’t see myself playing it after first two levels
  • Nelson TNNelson TN105,266
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:25
    Healtti said:
    Nelson TN said:
    Does anyone know if the Shadow tactics estimation of 40-50 hours is a good estimation?
    Fairly accurate as TA averages go.

See the completions leaderboard here: (click on the blue "time played" to sort by comp time)
    Shadow Tactics – Blades of the Shogun Completionists

Side note: Good run, @HUN playmore. We can rematch when Desperados III is out. smile
    Ahh I am so unobservant at times, I did that saw all the 0 times and didn't think to scroll down. Does look like 40-50 is a bad estimate if anything based on how few have surpassed it, I assume only the genre enthusiasts are clearing it that quick.

Grats on fastest completion, glad to know I'm not the only one who has a guilty pleasure of seeing myself top of those, shocked nobody has outpaced my dishonored definitive time after all these years
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,333,978
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:31
    Damn I wanted to do Metro but DLC is expensive & running out of time
  • Gunstar RedGunstar Red1,574,937
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:30, Edited on 16 June 20 at 10:36 by Gunstar Red
    Battlefleet Gothic: Armada is not as good as Rod Torfulson's Armada Featuring Herman Menderchuk.
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,364,662
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:37
    Nelson TN said:
    Does anyone know if the Shadow tactics estimation of 40-50 hours is a good estimation? Been meaning to start it.
    I think it depends on if you played these kind of games before (Commandos, Desperados, Robin Hood). The controls are kind of clunky (especially the Shadow Mode which is a great help for consoles otherwise) but it plays exactly how I remembered those games (with lots of improvements). You need at least two playthroughs on every level (possibly numerous small ones with strategical saves). Every level has a handful of challenges, two is always the same: complete it on the hardest difficulty and achieve a speedrun time. I played it on the hardest on my own for the first time, then pulled guides for replays. Hard can be though on some levels (you can save/load any time though). Otherwise it is pretty much a puzzle with trial and error, what can you do with the different guards and get away with.

The game has great videos on Youtube, I had tons of fun watching the speedrun ones (most of them are PC so you may not be able to pull everything off 1:1). Also there is a speedrun trick somewhere on PSthrophies I think. The atmosphere and story is surprisingly great. I didn't expect anything from that but it is full of cool, funny and serious moments.

Healtti said:
    Haha, can't wait! laugh
    (My GP backlog is huge but eventually I will get to it.)
  • Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:43
    Boo! Ive just finished metro 2033 and 34 for pc and i wanted a break before doing exodus. What are the chances it gets added again in the future?
  • jediSteveOjediSteveO148,992
    Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:43
    better crack on with life is strange then
  • Posted on 16 June 20 at 10:44
    Hmmm Metal Slug X. Do I go back to it and try and finish it? I just didn't enjoy myself and despite learning the first level and part of the second, do I want to put myself through the torture to get a completion?
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.