Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass loses nine games soon - grab the achievements while you can

• SashamorningSashamorning2,310,534
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 19:25
    Sashamorning said:
    Ar0nP1aYz05 said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Sashamorning said:
    lotusfrog said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Sashamorning said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Splynta said:
    ClockKing1986 said:
    Aw man, looks like I have to slog through the last 3 episodes of Life is Strange 2. God damn that game is so boring. I literally just screw around on my phone as the game plays itself.
    I feel the exact same about that game
    Me too, I'm contemplating whether it's worth it or not. If I didn't already have achievements I wouldn't be touching it. You're lucky you only have 3 episodes left...
    I'm through Episode 2. It's pretty much how I expected it so far, but from what I've heard, it amps up at the end.
    I've decided to give it a go and just try and enjoy it despite the lack of 'liveliness' that the other two had. Good to know that it amps up at the end.
    Okay, without spoiling anything, something just happened in Chapter 2 and I'm done with the game. Achievements aren't worth it. :/
    There are a few moments that are quite emotionally taxing.
    Glad I quit playing it then.
    I know right?! So boring! Lis 1 and Bts were better!
    It's not any slower than LiS, just different. Almost through 4, and it's still pretty good.
    Final update: worth playing.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn703,360
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 21:44
    I can't believe all the hate on here for Life is Strange 2. I'm playing it now and I think it is fantastic, a really amazing experience. Each to their own I guess.
  • Paul LaserbeamPaul Laserbeam1,958,021
    Posted on 25 June 20 at 00:58, Edited on 25 June 20 at 01:02 by Paul Laserbeam
    WithTheDawn said:
    I can't believe all the hate on here for Life is Strange 2. I'm playing it now and I think it is fantastic, a really amazing experience. Each to their own I guess.
    Was skimming through this forum and thought the same thing.

Lis: would take too long to explain why I didn't like it

Prequel: was a little better, but i can't stand Chloe.

Lis2: really enjoyable, I too have a little brother with psychic powers so it was very relatable (jokes). But seriously, I really liked it, wasn't too fond of my ending tho
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,340,134
    Posted on 25 June 20 at 01:57
    Episode 2 was better than Episode 1, but holy shit I can't stand Daniel.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 25 June 20 at 02:16, Edited on 25 June 20 at 02:18 by Brave Fencer Vu
    On the last episode of LIS2 now and it's as grueling as everyone says. Not because of the "woke" story I hear so much complaining about - not sure why some people think that just because a movie or game basically says that racism exists, it's automatically considered woke anyways - but because of it's severe pacing issues and general bugginess.

LIS and BTS never felt this drawn out and slow. I like the general plot points - brothers on the lam - but it's so boring. You have five minutes of tension in three hours of gameplay per episode. On top of that, characters are spontaneously t-posing or sometimes decide to just up and disappear in the middle of cutscenes so the camera focuses on thin air. Definitely one of those completions where you really feel the time ticking away.

Edit: Forgot to add, basically nothing I do or say seems to matter. I'm positive my game is bugged. I've asked Daniel to stop cursing, he just goes on like a sailor. I followed a guide to make sure a certain character is not hit by a car, he is hit by a car. I have never stolen, Daniel doesn't care and steals anyway. Something may be wrong with my save, but it's another symptom of the game's inherent bugginess.
  • PirateRyanGPirateRyanG169,953
    Posted on 26 June 20 at 17:01
    Shinnizle said:
    Episode 2 was better than Episode 1, but holy shit I can't stand Daniel.
    He gets better, but still annoying. Thankfully, he disappears for nearly a whole episode at some point.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle1,340,134
    Posted on 26 June 20 at 17:08
    I finished Episode 4 last night and he's just as bad to me. Damn I hate him.
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
  • Posted on 29 June 20 at 16:45
    Just started Episode 3 right now, hope I'm able to finish it before it leaves..T what time those Games usually leave GP?
  • Posted on 29 June 20 at 17:41
    I really enjoyed LiS. Found more characters, situations and places I could relate to. Some bits were a bit drawn out, sure, and Daniel could be annoying but that was due to the character being a little kid brother in a non-kids game. Would it be believable if he wasn't annoying at times? laugh
  • GoyetteQCGoyetteQC833,460
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 18:51
    What's the general concensus about Metro Exodus eventually making a comeback? I just bought some extra gamepass time but I don't really want to force myself to play it right now.
    Will you love me when there's nothing left to love?
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,310,534
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 22:42
    GoyetteQC said:
    What's the general concensus about Metro Exodus eventually making a comeback? I just bought some extra gamepass time but I don't really want to force myself to play it right now.
    Personally, I think it's unlikely. If so, not soon.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Spa1hSpa1h314,976
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 01:03
    I spent like 12 hours in 2 long evenings perfecting the first two levels in Metal Slug X. Altough the game is neither good nor bad it was a priceless feeling after completing the 1,5 mio highscore on PC and beeing able to repeat it on XBone an hour later. On the last day it is on gamepass.

I also played LIS2, finished it after i left off at the end of episode one - and it was a really nice plot, i personally could relate to (in some extend). I understand everyone who doesn't like the game because of daniel and his ability, but i think it was a very recommendable experience if you take your time and don't spoil yourself to hard.

Missed out on Metro Exodus.... someday ... XD
  • Posted on 01 July 20 at 08:12
    Man, I am DONE with Metal Slug X. That 1,500,000 highscore mode achievement is the last one I need, but you need to be a machine to play that well. Not to mention how laggy and slow the game gets at certain sections that screws up your inputs. That's the last ACA Neogeo game I just jump into on a whim.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 01 July 20 at 10:35
    I change my mind, I loved Life is Strange 2!
    Aron Franks
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.