Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass loses nine games soon - grab the achievements while you can

• HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,363,486
    Posted on 17 June 20 at 11:04
    Matodion 1st said:
    Geez man Thanks for ruining the ending.warning
    There is nothing about the ending in that post other than there are two kinds of with different flavors. The stealing part happens mid way in the first episode.
  • SeankichuSeankichu666,350
    Posted on 17 June 20 at 12:40
    I can't for the life of me find Metal Slug X on my Xbox's GamePass!
    The article seems to suggest it should be there for both Xbox and PC?
    Is there some region differences with what is available on GamePass, cause I was under the impression that we all get the same stuff.
  • PURESSENCEPURESSENCE1,421,499
    Posted on 17 June 20 at 13:53
    Tried to start Metro Exodus, but every time I played it, it would run for 5 minutes and then my XBox One X would say it was overheating and turn off. This is literally the only game that has ever made it do this. Anyone know if this was an issue that was ever fixed with a patch?
    Too much work, not enough games
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st552,181
    Posted on 17 June 20 at 14:17
    HUN playmore said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Geez man Thanks for ruining the ending.warning
    There is nothing about the ending in that post other than there are two kinds of with different flavors. The stealing part happens mid way in the first episode.
    Oh thank goodness its not a major spoiler. That's a relief. For a minute there I thought you completely farted on my cornflakes.
  • WithTheDawnWithTheDawn703,100
    Posted on 17 June 20 at 14:42
    Alright, that will be the kick I need to get on with playing Life is Strange 2 then. Just loved the first one and the prequel.
  • Posted on 17 June 20 at 14:48
    Seankichu said:
    Is there some region differences with what is available on GamePass, cause I was under the impression that we all get the same stuff.
    Are you looking specifically for "ACA Neogeo Metal Slug X"?
    Posted on 17 June 20 at 14:50
    Elite1111111111 said:
    Seankichu said:
    Are you looking specifically for "ACA Neogeo Metal Slug X"?
    Yes, I found it on PC but its not on Xbox apparently.
  • Posted on 17 June 20 at 14:52
    Seankichu said:
    Yes, I found it on PC but its not on Xbox apparently.
    Try going directly to the store page? Showing as part of Game Pass on Microsoft.com for me.
    Posted on 17 June 20 at 15:00
    I can find the PC version on the microsoft store page, but not Xbox.
    In fact, searching for it in the Xbox's store... it doesn't even exist for the console.

I'm thinking this must be an Australian thing.
  • Posted on 17 June 20 at 16:15, Edited on 17 June 20 at 16:16 by Frankie DrumsNY
    It's very easy to glitch this and cut 10 hours off the completion time:

Metro ExodusHardcoreThe Hardcore achievement in Metro Exodus worth 321 pointsComplete the game in Ranger Hardcore mode.
  • s8nlovesyous8nlovesyou160,765
    Posted on 17 June 20 at 19:29
    Anyone else notice the achievement guide here for metal slug, lists the scores needed as being way lower?
  • ExcstazyExcstazy95,598
    Posted on 17 June 20 at 19:35
    Metro Exodus keeps freezing for me... It seems I won´t get that 1000.

Shadow Tactics is good. I´m going to get all achievements except the badges one.
  • Posted on 17 June 20 at 19:42
    s8nlovesyou said:
    Anyone else notice the achievement guide here for metal slug, lists the scores needed as being way lower?
    Yes, the TA Score is too low on this game, it also needs a disclaimer on it saying its only that easy if you're a pro. I couldn't even do the first achievement lol.
  • Posted on 17 June 20 at 19:52
    s8nlovesyou said:
    You mean a particular guide or the walkthrough or...?
  • DDevDDev454,792
    Posted on 17 June 20 at 23:00
    I can't stomach Metro Exodus for the 100%, was a decent game though. LiS2 grind it is.
    Gears player since 06'
  • Posted on 18 June 20 at 01:12
    Life is Strange 2. Do it now!
    To do or not to do. THAT is the question.
  • saturnsailorsaturnsailor399,904
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 03:04
    superniceguy said:
    saturnsailor said:
    Yes but thanks to GamePass you get a chance to try games before you buy. Unless you suffer from the pains of completionism and must run yourself into the ground until you squeeze every achievement out of every game you ever touch that saves you from regrettable purchases.
    You have free play days for that, no need to pay extra for game pass.

I suppose it depends on your game collection, if you have a huge backlog of purchases, then game pass is not needed, but if you just use game pass and not buy, unless they leave then game pass is more wirthwhile.
    I have a very impressive backlog of which I'm proud but still I find GamePass compelling, even though the backlog suffers at its hands. I tend to buy games that have left GamePass which I started on it and enjoyed, and I don't finish them on purpose so I have a reason to continue later (but who knows if that day will ever come thanks to GamePass and the backlog). Free play days are nice but you can't seriously compare the variety and quality of choices, and availability. Very few free play weekend games had ever sparked a burning desire in me to get them.
  • LockieLockie558,144
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 03:48, Edited on 18 June 20 at 05:20 by Lockie
    Sashamorning said:
    Lockie said:
    Already got the Exodus Season Pass on sale awhile ago so will finally get about completing those. Don't know if I can be bothered doing the Ranger Hardcore mode stuff.

I guess I should also play LiS 2 as I've played all the others... zzz...
    There's a workaround for Hardcore.
    Ah so there is. I guess I'll give it a go at some point. smile
    Posting from sunny Australia.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 18 June 20 at 04:55
    Been putting off LiS2 for a while now. I was a big fan of the original and the prequel. Can anyone vouch for the sequel? I played Captain Spirit, and it was interesting, but for some reason I just can't find the motivation to start LiS2. Maybe it's because I was so invested in the original cast. It feels like Dragon Age 2 all over again.
  • Rossco7530Rossco75301,649,853
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 05:31
    Lockie said:
    Sashamorning said:
    Lockie said:
    Already got the Exodus Season Pass on sale awhile ago so will finally get about completing those. Don't know if I can be bothered doing the Ranger Hardcore mode stuff.

I guess I should also play LiS 2 as I've played all the others... zzz...
    There's a workaround for Hardcore.
    Ah so there is. I guess I'll give it a go at some point. smile
    Is that the one where the final chapter magically appears in the chapter select list? I could never get it to work... angry
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.