Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Game Pass loses nine games soon - grab the achievements while you can

• Posted on 18 June 20 at 06:28
    Metro Exodus is one of those games I somehow valued as part of Gamepass but never played, maybe because I wanted to do the prequels (but sucked) or maybe because I wanted to use it to get into PC gaming.

Nevermind, they have a copy at the local library if I change my mind and I hope there are still some stores with physical stock so you can get good deals once in a while.
  • HUN playmoreHUN playmore1,363,554
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 07:03
    EvolvedMonkey97 said:
    Been putting off LiS2 for a while now. I was a big fan of the original and the prequel. Can anyone vouch for the sequel? I played Captain Spirit, and it was interesting, but for some reason I just can't find the motivation to start LiS2. Maybe it's because I was so invested in the original cast. It feels like Dragon Age 2 all over again.
    There were quite a few posts in this thread about how LiS2 is nowhere near good or close to the original. There is a reason the game ended up in GP even when it wasn't out fully. The characters are uninteresting, the game is boring, decisions don't matter, your powers are useless. If you liked Captain Spirit (which is pretty good) there is nothing from that game in this. Atmosphere or gameplay wise. There is a very small part for the LiS1 fans about Max and Chloe (only on Bae ending). No actual scenes, just a known character saying few words, some letters and a photo. It is in EP5 so you have to suffer through the game for it but honestly... only really the photo matters. If you decide not to play it then search for "lis 2 photo of max and chloe".
  • LeXXuzLeXXuz806,859
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 09:11
    LiS2 is soooo boring. I remember why I stopped playing this last year.
    I liked the first LiS game, but here I couldn't care less for those two little brats. Really have to force myself through this...

Is Metro Exodus still doable or do you have to rush things to make it through in time?
  • ColdCutterColdCutter987,083
    Posted on 18 June 20 at 20:48
    Well, I guess I'll nut out Metro Exodus. Rating is good and I enjoyed the first two.
  • Posted on 18 June 20 at 21:15
    HUN playmore said:
    EvolvedMonkey97 said:
    Been putting off LiS2 for a while now. I was a big fan of the original and the prequel. Can anyone vouch for the sequel? I played Captain Spirit, and it was interesting, but for some reason I just can't find the motivation to start LiS2. Maybe it's because I was so invested in the original cast. It feels like Dragon Age 2 all over again.
    There were quite a few posts in this thread about how LiS2 is nowhere near good or close to the original. There is a reason the game ended up in GP even when it wasn't out fully. The characters are uninteresting, the game is boring, decisions don't matter, your powers are useless. If you liked Captain Spirit (which is pretty good) there is nothing from that game in this. Atmosphere or gameplay wise. There is a very small part for the LiS1 fans about Max and Chloe (only on Bae ending). No actual scenes, just a known character saying few words, some letters and a photo. It is in EP5 so you have to suffer through the game for it but honestly... only really the photo matters. If you decide not to play it then search for "lis 2 photo of max and chloe".
    Agreed, all those hours with Daniel + Sean and many side characters yet my favourite bit in the whole game was seeing that known character for that very brief time, and even their complete transformation as a person didn't make much sense either, they're practically a polar opposite of what they was in the 1st game.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
  • Posted on 18 June 20 at 22:00
    So much childish indignation. All of these games were on offer for a year or more. If you have just joined Game Pass this very second, that's unfortunate, but I highly doubt that's the case for most of the people airing their grievances here. Take some personal accountability. If you put it off for over a year, that's on you, especially when everyone knows full well that nothing is guaranteed to stay on GP indefinitely besides MS Studios games. You should have moved it to the top of the backlog.

As for people who can't understand why games leave at all, it's perfectly reasonable from a business perspective. If the game has low player counts they probably can't justify the cost of renewing the license without eventually being forced to raise the price of the subscription. It's how these things go. I'd rather continue paying the same relatively reasonable rate then have them hike up the subscription fee just so I can keep not playing Metro Exodus and LIS.
  • lotusfroglotusfrog218,818
    Posted on 19 June 20 at 02:26
    Splynta said:
    ClockKing1986 said:
    Aw man, looks like I have to slog through the last 3 episodes of Life is Strange 2. God damn that game is so boring. I literally just screw around on my phone as the game plays itself.
    I feel the exact same about that game
    Me too, I'm contemplating whether it's worth it or not. If I didn't already have achievements I wouldn't be touching it. You're lucky you only have 3 episodes left...
  • SashamorningSashamorning2,310,534
    Posted on 19 June 20 at 06:39
    lotusfrog said:
    Splynta said:
    ClockKing1986 said:
    Aw man, looks like I have to slog through the last 3 episodes of Life is Strange 2. God damn that game is so boring. I literally just screw around on my phone as the game plays itself.
    Me too, I'm contemplating whether it's worth it or not. If I didn't already have achievements I wouldn't be touching it. You're lucky you only have 3 episodes left...
    I'm through Episode 2. It's pretty much how I expected it so far, but from what I've heard, it amps up at the end.
    Brevity is the soul of wit. ~W.S. / I guess I'm not witty. ~Sasha
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 June 20 at 01:05, Edited on 01 July 20 at 10:38 by
    I agree, I think LiS 2 is boring, LiS 1 and LiS BtS were way less boring.
    Edit: I actually enjoyed it, I liked the game.
    Aron Franks
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 02:16
    Sashamorning said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Splynta said:
    ClockKing1986 said:
    I'm through Episode 2. It's pretty much how I expected it so far, but from what I've heard, it amps up at the end.
    I've decided to give it a go and just try and enjoy it despite the lack of 'liveliness' that the other two had. Good to know that it amps up at the end.
  • Posted on 20 June 20 at 02:25
    Brave Fencer Vu said:
    So much childish indignation. All of these games were on offer for a year or more. If you have just joined Game Pass this very second, that's unfortunate, but I highly doubt that's the case for most of the people airing their grievances here. Take some personal accountability. If you put it off for over a year, that's on you, especially when everyone knows full well that nothing is guaranteed to stay on GP indefinitely besides MS Studios games. You should have moved it to the top of the backlog.

As for people who can't understand why games leave at all, it's perfectly reasonable from a business perspective. If the game has low player counts they probably can't justify the cost of renewing the license without eventually being forced to raise the price of the subscription. It's how these things go. I'd rather continue paying the same relatively reasonable rate then have them hike up the subscription fee just so I can keep not playing Metro Exodus and LIS.
    There are also quite a few other games on games pass. We can't be mind readers and find out what ones will be leaving
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 02:31
    lotusfrog said:
    Sashamorning said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Splynta said:
    ClockKing1986 said:
    I've decided to give it a go and just try and enjoy it despite the lack of 'liveliness' that the other two had. Good to know that it amps up at the end.
    Okay, without spoiling anything, something just happened in Chapter 2 and I'm done with the game. Achievements aren't worth it. :/
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 02:51
    lotusfrog said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Sashamorning said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Splynta said:
    ClockKing1986 said:
    Okay, without spoiling anything, something just happened in Chapter 2 and I'm done with the game. Achievements aren't worth it. :/
    There are a few moments that are quite emotionally taxing.
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 05:51
    Sashamorning said:
    lotusfrog said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Sashamorning said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Splynta said:
    ClockKing1986 said:
    Glad I quit playing it then.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 June 20 at 06:11
    lotusfrog said:
    Sashamorning said:
    lotusfrog said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Sashamorning said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Splynta said:
    ClockKing1986 said:
    I know right?! So boring! Lis 1 and Bts were better!
    Aron Franks
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 06:20
    Ar0nP1aYz05 said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Sashamorning said:
    lotusfrog said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Sashamorning said:
    lotusfrog said:
    Splynta said:
    ClockKing1986 said:
    I know right?! So boring! Lis 1 and Bts were better!
    It's not any slower than LiS, just different. Almost through 4, and it's still pretty good.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 20 June 20 at 06:55
    True, it’s an ok game some of the times but I liked the other 2 games better
    Aron Franks
  • FineaszUFineaszU202,902
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 13:23
    life is strange 2 is sooo good, definetely for patient players that like a touching story. gotta get the 1000G!
    ????????????????
  • Sipuli91Sipuli91567,481
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 16:56
    I was tricked into thinking metal slug would be a simple completion but that highscore mode is no fun. Think I'll just leave it incomplete. Neon Chrome is at least a fun completion and LiS2 I completed some time ago and those are the only ones I've started from this batch of gp games.
  • Posted on 20 June 20 at 18:49, Edited on 20 June 20 at 21:34 by TheGillesMuller
    LiS2 can be summed up as this, a story following a soft-arse who runs away from something he didn't do along with his brat of a younger brother.
    Grand Slam Tennis 2 world #1
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.