Site News

Forum to discuss TA news items. Only TrueAchievement can post here

New Pro feature: Choose your homepage background image

• n4k3dLEEn4k3dLEE1,831,655
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 09:50Permalink
    Nice feature.

I would use this but I've recently let my pro expire. I'm not using the site much these days or joining sessions like I used to. Unlimited scans was nice but I can live without it. I sent a message to TrueAchievement & a couple of mods ages ago too and never got a response. In fact the message was never even read & it was a simple request I was asking for in all honesty so that made the decision a little easier.

I'll still donate to the site here & there when I can but yeah, Pro was a little pricey for what I use the site for.
  • RyanCash654RyanCash654147,833
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 12:48Permalink
    Ive been thinking about getting a pro account for a while, can anyone currently with a pro account let me know if it's actually worth it or not? Thanks
  • vSullyvSully939,229
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 13:32Permalink
    It's literally 7 cents per day for a year. Only you can determine if that major investment is worthwhile.
  • Lobo SamhainLobo Samhain489,024
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 14:05, Edited on 20 June 20 at 14:06 by Lobo SamhainPermalink
    RyanCash654 said:
    Ive been thinking about getting a pro account for a while, can anyone currently with a pro account let me know if it's actually worth it or not? Thanks
    I have been a Pro Account holder for several years and totally feel like it is a worthwhile investment for a couple of reasons. Aside from helping to support the updating and maintainence of the site it allows you to have expanded/extended features such as; unlimited scans, larger trophy case, larger To-do list, larger displayable friends list(if I'm remembering crrectly) and (my personal favorite) more than 3 Gamer Goals (up to 100). I use the GG feature the most aside from scans as it helps me keep track of my progress In games I own. I often buy games and add them as completion goals as a sort of checklist. If you are somone who likes to participate in Community Events/Challenges that require unlocking achievements, the unlimited scans is your best friend.
    What?
  • Posted on 20 June 20 at 14:46Permalink
    Awesome! there are some cool backgrounds for games but I always though it kind of sucked it changed every game you played - Great addition!
    MineMasterJake1
  • Big CheatsBig Cheats464,734
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 18:13Permalink
    This is so fucking sick. Each game has different pics... so dope lol
  • Posted on 20 June 20 at 20:23Permalink
    Crater Bob said:
    BLACKPANTHERv88 said:
    I would get pro again if there was more options I.e. longer periods of time I could sign up for pro and get a further discount. I.e. 5 years
    There used to be that option a long time ago, but TA wasn't making enough money from it.
    Well they were making more money from it than not making at all by no one signing up to it at all! Well if you think about it they have not got a cent from me in years now because of the way the pro accounts are handled but could if they just changed a little bit.
  • vSullyvSully939,229
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 20:39, Edited on 20 June 20 at 20:39 by vSullyPermalink
    Dude. It’s seven cents a day for the year. If what is offered currently isn't worth seven cents a day, then what is it worth? Would it become worthwhile for you it was six or five cents a day instead? Are we really splitting hairs over pennies?
  • Crater BobCrater Bob325,050
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 21:02Permalink
    BLACKPANTHERv88 said:
    Crater Bob said:
    BLACKPANTHERv88 said:
    I would get pro again if there was more options I.e. longer periods of time I could sign up for pro and get a further discount. I.e. 5 years
    There used to be that option a long time ago, but TA wasn't making enough money from it.
    Well they were making more money from it than not making at all by no one signing up to it at all! Well if you think about it they have not got a cent from me in years now because of the way the pro accounts are handled but could if they just changed a little bit.
    Yeah, I let mine lapse in 2017 after an altercation in 2016 that left a sour taste in my mouth, I can live without unlimited scans, bigger trophy case, and more achievements on my To-Do List.
    Gatekeeper Four off your starboard wing, turn to 2-2-0 and drop to Angels two or you will be fired upon!
  • I Boz lI Boz l670,374
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 21:47Permalink
    After trying to set a good amount of pictures, i've to say that it can be implemented because every picture is cutted here and here and doesn't respect the actual size of that badge
  • Wish2Die4UWish2Die4U295,525
    Posted on 20 June 20 at 22:17, Edited on 20 June 20 at 22:40 by Wish2Die4UPermalink
    I like the idea of this feature, unfortunately I cannot get it to work. Regardless of what I type in the Specific Game searchbox, no games or images get found. I must be doing something wrong but unfortunately I cannot figure out what. cry

Edit: Took me a while, but I figured it out. Pressing 'enter' on the search bar doesn't cause it to search anything. I had to wait for it to load a drop down menu with game suggestions and select it through there. Love the feature, cheers. toast
  • ColdEagle86ColdEagle86221,242
    Posted on 21 June 20 at 02:51, Edited on 21 June 20 at 02:59 by ColdEagle86Permalink
    Doesn't seem to resize / show when using a mobile device. Shows ok when using "desktop mode".
    Can we have some Cortana pics please?
    Can only spot one?
    Nice feature! :-)
  • AzzyMahmoodAzzyMahmood342,345
    Posted on 21 June 20 at 11:52Permalink
    Has anyone else had their graphs on the 'my period summaries' screen disappear since this feature was introduced? Likely a co-incidence but thought it odd.
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm375,244
    Posted on 21 June 20 at 13:50Permalink
    Great feature!
  • vSullyvSully939,229
    Posted on 21 June 20 at 14:15Permalink
    AzzyMahmood said:
    Has anyone else had their graphs on the 'my period summaries' screen disappear since this feature was introduced? Likely a co-incidence but thought it odd.
    I can't imagine the issue is related, but I'm having the same problem on my period summaries, as well.
  • DannyK 100DannyK 100215,938
    Posted on 21 June 20 at 17:34Permalink
    Definitely a nice feature to have! Just wish I had more time to play—I'd strongly consider Pro if I did.
  • yossarianoyossariano240,901
    Posted on 21 June 20 at 21:05Permalink
    very cool indeed, good dev
    Yossariano
  • Posted on 25 June 20 at 15:18Permalink
    Sweet new addition, major thumbs up from me. Love how TA is improving more and more as the days go by! Don't frequent the site as much as I used to (work overload), does anyone have a link to this TA Pro Discord? Also something new to my eyes.
    A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
  • Posted on 25 June 20 at 15:24Permalink
    is that Hydro said:
    Sweet new addition, major thumbs up from me. Love how TA is improving more and more as the days go by! Don't frequent the site as much as I used to (work overload), does anyone have a link to this TA Pro Discord? Also something new to my eyes.
    Sent you a link.
  • Posted on 25 June 20 at 15:30Permalink
    Elite1111111111 said:
    is that Hydro said:
    Sent you a link.
    & as always - great staff that is quick to act! +++
    A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.