Xbox One

Forum for Xbox One related discussions

Mixer shutting down...

• Posted on 22 June 20 at 20:04Permalink
    I've heard mixer is shutting down today of all days. I just got done streaming on mixer, it's been average 30 minutes since I stopped streaming. With it shutting down, is that why I can't see my most recent VOD?
    Zombies will prepare you for your dissapointment!
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,122,760
    Posted on 22 June 20 at 20:10Permalink
    Yes, it's true,
    it's been coming for a while.
    But recent revelations on bullying, racism, sexism, sexual assault, cover up, favouritism, etc etc
    Made it untenable.

Another waste of money by MS.
    Hopefully stick to games, consoles and accessories.
  • Posted on 22 June 20 at 20:46Permalink
    Thanks man. As another added slap to the face, I applied to do clips and they accepted my request before I knew about it shutting down roll. Said it'll take up to 2 business days for it to go through.... WTF lol
  • AhayzoAhayzo786,975
    Posted on 22 June 20 at 20:48Permalink
    Even better is they're new streaming plan is to team up with Facebook
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
  • Posted on 22 June 20 at 21:22Permalink
    Ahayzo said:
    Even better is they're new streaming plan is to team up with Facebook
    That actually might work in my favor as I was figuring out how to stream on fixer to Facebook live.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,325,387
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 00:11, Edited on 23 June 20 at 00:12 by EarthboundXPermalink
    scotwolf2 said:
    Yes, it's true,
    But recent revelations on bullying, racism, sexism, sexual assault, cover up, favouritism, etc etc
    Made it untenable.

Hmm, got any more info on the bullying, racism, etc from Mixer? First I've heard of it, though I don't care about or watch Mixer.
  • planchetflawplanchetflaw304,176
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 02:54Permalink
    Are there any achievements in games linked to Mixer?
    For example, #IDARB has an achievement linked to Twitch and Twitter.
  • MrCoolness3MrCoolness3859,465
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 12:46Permalink
    Forza Horizon 4 has some mixer integration but luckily no achievements are tied to it. I don't know of any others
    "To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
  • MsrossMsross719,546
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 19:38Permalink
    EarthboundX said:
    scotwolf2 said:
    Yes, it's true,
    Made it untenable.

Hmm, got any more info on the bullying, racism, etc from Mixer? First I've heard of it, though I don't care about or watch Mixer.
    It went down on twitter..
    essentially a post from an ex-employee detailing their experiences with employers & non-issue from HR.

However, this situation was not linked to shutting down, Business decisions of this magnitude are not made within an hour of a twitter post.....

This will have been considered long before to enable dev-time for new platform (facebook gaming) & for series X & one to be updated when require.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,122,760
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 21:24Permalink
    i did mention it had been coming for a while.
    overspending, low uptake, high churn, job losses over last year or so meant MS was looking to offload/merge/partner for some time.
    but as i said recent events forced hand sooner than was wanted.
    and it wasn't just one ex employee complaining of racism, bullying and HR ignoring complaints, other complainants have come forward.
    including female streamers who again their complaints were ignored.
    one of the management team allegedly called mixer streamers her slaves and that she controlled who basically is successful.

got a feeling gaming industry is next for me too, blm and basic civil rights complaints next.
    think there will be many worried people
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 00:58, Edited on 24 June 20 at 01:03 by planchetflawPermalink
    Is mixer the thing that MS bought that Ninja person in to exclusively use for some ridiculous sum of money? Sorry, I don't stream or watch streams so I'm not sure, but I remember being bombarded with Ninja stuff and people saying MS paid a streamer to use their platform exclusively.

All I saw from mixer was the +5 reward points every day for watching Fortnight stuff. Amazes me that people watch people play a game sometimes more than playing the game themselves.

Having said that, I do watch the occasional speed run on YouTube for things like Banjo Kazooie or SM64 or Goldeneye as I used to try and beat those games as fast as possible as a kid

Oh and I have logged on to those MS events where you get DLC or content for being online when they announce games if the rewards are for a game I'll play. But that's not really game play, more announcement events.
  • MrCoolness3MrCoolness3859,465
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 12:33, Edited on 24 June 20 at 12:33 by MrCoolness3Permalink
    planchetflaw said:
    Is mixer the thing that MS bought that Ninja person in to exclusively use for some ridiculous sum of money? Sorry, I don't stream or watch streams so I'm not sure, but I remember being bombarded with Ninja stuff and people saying MS paid a streamer to use their platform exclusively.
    Microsoft had a contract with Ninja for over $30 million dollars for him to stream exclusively on mixer. Now that mixer is shutting down, Microsoft has released him from that contract but Microsoft still has to pay him the $30 million. A few other streamers who had big contracts will walk with millions that Microsoft will also have to pay out. While most of the other partner streamers will be left with nothing.
    "To avoid criticism, do nothing, say nothing, be nothing."
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 20:50, Edited on 24 June 20 at 20:50 by planchetflawPermalink
    MrCoolness3 said:
    planchetflaw said:
    Microsoft had a contract with Ninja for over $30 million dollars for him to stream exclusively on mixer. Now that mixer is shutting down, Microsoft has released him from that contract but Microsoft still has to pay him the $30 million. A few other streamers who had big contracts will walk with millions that Microsoft will also have to pay out. While most of the other partner streamers will be left with nothing.
    Makes you wonder how the company is run. How can a company sign off on a $30m contract if their only foresight was 12 months down the road? Things don't go bad in 12 months like this. There has obviously been issues for a long time. If anything, Mixer should have become a stronger arm of MS since March.

Definitely heads-rolling left, right, and centre worthy. You don't want people within 1000km of your company with that lack of vision and understanding.
  • AhayzoAhayzo786,975
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 22:14Permalink
    planchetflaw said:
    Makes you wonder how the company is run. How can a company sign off on a $30m contract if their only foresight was 12 months down the road? Things don't go bad in 12 months like this. There has obviously been issues for a long time. If anything, Mixer should have become a stronger arm of MS since March.

Definitely heads-rolling left, right, and centre worthy. You don't want people within 1000km of your company with that lack of vision and understanding.
    It's not that it went bad in 12 months. It was going badly already, and they spent 30mil to pull in a user that they thought would be a big help to the system. It was not, but they weren't trying to stop things from going wrong, they were trying to slow and reverse the fact that they already were. They eventually realized that wasn't going to work and pulled the plug. 30mil with that level of risk is a no brainer for a company like Microsoft.
    #mentallypudding The artist formerly known as alklein92201
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.