The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: June 23rd, 2020

• gobey17gobey17775,762
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 12:09, Edited on 23 June 20 at 12:09 by gobey17Permalink
    Tempted by Don't Starve Together, just wonder if it makes a good co-op game. It's hard finding ones that aren't just shooters. :/
  • CincaidCincaid189,966
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 12:32, Edited on 23 June 20 at 12:32 by CincaidPermalink
    Greavsie93 said:
    Cincaid said:
    J2B9 said:
    Cincaid said:
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    Has the “big summer sale” happened yet?
    Curious about this as well...
    Yes that was like 2 weeks ago
    Oof, then not much was for sale on my wishlist, if that was this summer’s large sale.
    The big summer sale is usually towards the end of July, like the last week or so of the month. The sale 2 weeks ago is what would have been the E3 sale like it was last year
    Looking at previous years it seems you're correct! There's an E3-sale, which is what we got two weeks ago, and then there's a bigger summer sale towards July (usually called "Ultimate Game Sale").

2019: 16th of July until 29th of July
    2018: 19th of July until 30th of July
    2017: 30th of June until 17th of July
    2016: 5th of July until 11th of July
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,136,856
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 12:44Permalink
    Gepards said:
    K1LL3R BEEZ said:
    x Mataeus x said:
    K1LL3R BEEZ said:
    GRID + DLC for only $15? I know it wasn't totally well received but can anyone comment on the game for that price?
    I find it really bland and boring, both with a wheel and a controller. It's just sterile and lifeless, nothing like the wheel-to-wheel fest they make it out to be.

I love codies, so it hurts me to say it, but it's just pure filler.
    Hmm that's a shame. Looks fun from all the trailers. Maybe if it ever becomes free, I'll give it a go. Thanks toast
    Rated 3.8/5... not bad actually...
    I'm interested in FPS - 30 or 60 on Xbox One S?
    I’d jump all over it. $15 for a racing game, which I bought when it was $30 so this stings a little considering I haven’t even played it yet. So it might be as bland as stated, but I’m pretty surprised it’s so cheap right now.
    Always number 2.
  • halohogghalohogg101,542
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:07Permalink
    K1LL3R BEEZ said:
    GRID + DLC for only $15? I know it wasn't totally well received but can anyone comment on the game for that price?
    Schinderdiv commented it was good.
    Schinderdiv?gfcid=9828550
  • TheBongoFuryTheBongoFury609,883
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:08Permalink
    Harry Potter Collection is 75% off but it is still 39.99€? 75% of 40 to me is still 10€?
  • Throni360Throni3601,402,171
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:27Permalink
    I feel stupid for buying Grid Ultimate physical for 40€ a few months back.
  • J2B9J2B9698,230
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:38Permalink
    Cincaid said:
    Greavsie93 said:
    Cincaid said:
    J2B9 said:
    Cincaid said:
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    Has the “big summer sale” happened yet?
    Curious about this as well...
    Yes that was like 2 weeks ago
    Oof, then not much was for sale on my wishlist, if that was this summer’s large sale.
    The big summer sale is usually towards the end of July, like the last week or so of the month. The sale 2 weeks ago is what would have been the E3 sale like it was last year
    Looking at previous years it seems you're correct! There's an E3-sale, which is what we got two weeks ago, and then there's a bigger summer sale towards July (usually called "Ultimate Game Sale").

2019: 16th of July until 29th of July
    2018: 19th of July until 30th of July
    2017: 30th of June until 17th of July
    2016: 5th of July until 11th of July
    Oh ok yeah for this year then it’ll probably coincide with Microsoft’s big first party event around mid July.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,069,738
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:41Permalink
    x Mataeus x said:
    Gepards said:
    K1LL3R BEEZ said:
    x Mataeus x said:
    K1LL3R BEEZ said:
    I find it really bland and boring, both with a wheel and a controller. It's just sterile and lifeless, nothing like the wheel-to-wheel fest they make it out to be.

Hmm that's a shame. Looks fun from all the trailers. Maybe if it ever becomes free, I'll give it a go. Thanks toast
    Everybody will enjoy whatever they enjoy. One person's experience is no guarantee of anothers.

Only played it on X, which is 60hz
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • CDKCDK379,157
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 14:12Permalink
    Rothio said:
    Paw McCatney said:
    BipedFungus484 said:
    Yea! More Lego sales!
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 Deluxe for under $9 sounds like a winner to me!
    Annoying since I bought it during the big sale for $15
    I did as well. I've already requested a refund for Super Villians, Super Villians Season Pass, Super Heroes 2, and the Super Heroes 2 Season Pass.

I explained that I'm wanting to buy the Deluxe Versions, and I'm now waiting for the request to be approved.

They're pretty good about refunding if it's been less than 14 days since you bought it and if you haven't played the games (I think its less than 2 hours).

https://support.xbox.com/help/subscriptions-billing/buy-game...
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz514,100
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 14:27, Edited on 23 June 20 at 15:12 by wolfsburgrazPermalink
    I wasn't planning on spending any money this week but six Artifex games I don't own at sub-$20 CAD is too good a deal to pass up. Easy achievements aside, I like these games quite a lot.
  • Extrema22Extrema22150,395
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 15:11Permalink
    Great price on Dirt Rally 2.0 GOTY, definitely grabbing that
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz514,100
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 18:33, Edited on 23 June 20 at 18:33 by wolfsburgrazPermalink
    For anyone that has played, why does REUS have such a monster ratio? Is it difficult or just a very time consuming play? I keep wanting to check it out since it's regularly $2 or less, but an 11,000+ TA and 60-80 hour completion is daunting. Only 13 completions!
  • RacxieRacxie368,186
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 19:58Permalink
    Just Bought Adams Venture considering it's 90% off, but what's the bet it's going to end up as a GwG or on GP soon?
  • KluckMyDuckKluckMyDuck365,114
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 01:14Permalink
    Thank you all for the recommendations! Ended up going with SOMA, but might pick up a couple other cheap ones before the end of the week.
  • K1LL3R BEEZK1LL3R BEEZ493,739
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 01:41Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Gepards said:
    K1LL3R BEEZ said:
    x Mataeus x said:
    K1LL3R BEEZ said:

I’d jump all over it. $15 for a racing game, which I bought when it was $30 so this stings a little considering I haven’t even played it yet. So it might be as bland as stated, but I’m pretty surprised it’s so cheap right now.
    halohogg said:
    K1LL3R BEEZ said:
    Schinderdiv commented it was good.
    Schinderdiv?gfcid=9828550
    That's what I was thinking. For $15 you get all the content and I'm sure I'll get some enjoyment out of it. I didn't think much of Grid 2 but I did enjoy it. Thanks for the replies toast
  • Posted on 24 June 20 at 05:14Permalink
    I bought The Escapist DLC, great price. smile
  • Posted on 24 June 20 at 05:58, Edited on 24 June 20 at 06:45 by Vice DestroyerPermalink
    eayragt said:
    mkdfan said:
    Lego Harry Potter not on sale in the UK? What gives?
    vegansound said:
    Paw McCatney said:
    Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2 Deluxe for under $9 sounds like a winner to me!
    angry It's 18,74€ ($21.11) here in France/Europe!!! angry
    Buy some US credit, switch region, bang. Warner Bros stuff is always cheaper in US, so always worth the little bit of effort to switch.
    Does somebody want to explain how a UK gamer can buy US credit? I used to buy it from Amazon US, but that seems to not be possible right now.

Edit: Nevermind. Got it now.
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,069,738
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 06:03Permalink
    Extrema22 said:
    Great price on Dirt Rally 2.0 GOTY, definitely grabbing that
    Phenomenal game. Sooooo much content too!
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • AnokiAnoki415,619
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 07:13Permalink
    Middle-earth Shadow of War Definitive Edition for $15. I know the base game is on Game Pass at the moment but this is tempting for me. I haven't finished the first one but would anyone recommend this? Feels like a steal for all those Expansions even though I have Game Pass and might not play it at this particular moment.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.