The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: June 23rd, 2020

• Nelson TNNelson TN103,318
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 07:38Permalink
    If I wanted to switch to the US store to get the injustice discount would this be against the terms of use etc and a ban worthy offence?

I am from England if that makes any difference
  • WolfWood37WolfWood37816,492
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 07:51Permalink
    I'll be taking the Fantasy Artifex Mundi bundle. Those games would be $45 if I bought them individually...getting all for under $8 is a win.
  • WolfWood37WolfWood37816,492
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 07:53Permalink
    Racxie said:
    Just Bought Adams Venture considering it's 90% off, but what's the bet it's going to end up as a GwG or on GP soon?
    Even if it is....it only cost you a buck 50. Not the greatest loss in the world.
  • Posted on 24 June 20 at 08:49Permalink
    Nelson TN said:
    If I wanted to switch to the US store to get the injustice discount would this be against the terms of use etc and a ban worthy offence?

I have bought games from different regions over a number of years. No ban. I also just bought Injustice 2 for $15. I'm also from UK. It's downloading and I don't expect to get banned for this. Once it is bought, it is bought.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76495,980
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 09:28Permalink
    Vice Destroyer said:
    Nelson TN said:

I have bought games from different regions over a number of years. No ban. I also just bought Injustice 2 for $15. I'm also from UK. It's downloading and I don't expect to get banned for this. Once it is bought, it is bought.
    Doesn't change the fact that yes, it is against the terms of service (as far as I know.) You are not allowed to change regions to take advantage of discounts or freebies. Whether you get caught or banned is a different story.
  • DMB GRUX 41DMB GRUX 41151,321
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 14:23Permalink
    Dutch x Monster said:
    Is it me or am i missing the usual far cry sale this week
    laugh
  • Posted on 24 June 20 at 20:51Permalink
    funny how a game is on sale again with a bug that makes it unplayable at level 56/100… since release!!!
    i’m talking about locks quest...
  • Posted on 24 June 20 at 23:31Permalink
    Homefront & all DLC for $6, don't mind if i do !!!
  • RacxieRacxie367,472
    Posted on 25 June 20 at 09:11Permalink
    WolfWood37 said:
    Racxie said:
    Just Bought Adams Venture considering it's 90% off, but what's the bet it's going to end up as a GwG or on GP soon?
    Even if it is....it only cost you a buck 50. Not the greatest loss in the world.
    Of course not, my comment was more humorous than anything because it's pretty typical situation where something is heavily discounted shortly before being made free.
    Posted on 25 June 20 at 10:03Permalink
    Racxie said:
    WolfWood37 said:
    Racxie said:
    Of course not, my comment was more humorous than anything because it's pretty typical situation where something is heavily discounted shortly before being made free.
    Well, by that logic half the games in the sale will be free soon. wink

I realize it can feel like that sometimes. But in the end it's more coincidence than anything else. If you put 100 games on sale, then sure, one of them may end up in GwG or GamePass. But 99 probably won't.
  • RacxieRacxie367,472
    Posted on 25 June 20 at 11:49Permalink
    SilentJay76 said:
    Racxie said:
    WolfWood37 said:
    Racxie said:
    Well, by that logic half the games in the sale will be free soon. wink

I realize it can feel like that sometimes. But in the end it's more coincidence than anything else. If you put 100 games on sale, then sure, one of them may end up in GwG or GamePass. But 99 probably won't.
    Of course, but most games don't get 90% off laugh last game I can think of that was anywhere closer to that was Titanfall along with all of its DLC, and it then went free shortly afterwards. Kind of like the dev/publisher knew they were going to make it free so just wanted to make a quick buck beforehand while also not riling people up too much.
    Posted on 25 June 20 at 12:44, Edited on 25 June 20 at 12:44 by SilentJay76Permalink
    I don't think Adam's Venture is rated well enough to be made GwG or added to Game Pass, to be honest. That wouldn't exactly help MS's cause. wink
  • Posted on 26 June 20 at 05:06Permalink
    Ginn0rz said:
    SOMA at £4.79 is an absolute steal. Top10 game of all time for me.
    Legit curious, what’s so good about it? I’ve heard nothing but great things. Having just watched the trailer, it didn’t strike me as anything special and the voice acting seemed atrocious. Maybe just a bad trailer? Appreciate any feedback as I’m definitely on the fence about buying it. toast
    Matthew
  • Ginn0rzGinn0rz260,612
    Posted on 26 June 20 at 06:55Permalink
    The story and world building is outstanding. Music, sound effects and atmosphere brilliant. The gameplay is very straightforward, there are many puzzles to solve in the course of the game but they are presented in a logical way that fit the situations you are in (not "shoe-horned in").

Some really interesting sci-fi themes are explored through the course of the game, some of which I found deeply affecting. It's a dark, often psychologically scary game, but the tone fits with the subject matter.

I strongly advise against reading up any more on the game as it is likely to be difficult to avoid big spoilers. If you decide to go for it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
  • Posted on 26 June 20 at 07:04Permalink
    Ginn0rz said:
    The story and world building is outstanding. Music, sound effects and atmosphere brilliant. The gameplay is very straightforward, there are many puzzles to solve in the course of the game but they are presented in a logical way that fit the situations you are in (not "shoe-horned in").

Some really interesting sci-fi themes are explored through the course of the game, some of which I found deeply affecting. It's a dark, often psychologically scary game, but the tone fits with the subject matter.

I strongly advise against reading up any more on the game as it is likely to be difficult to avoid big spoilers. If you decide to go for it I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!
    Sold! Fantastic write up, appreciate it brotha toast
    Matthew
  • Posted on 27 June 20 at 01:04Permalink
    City Skylines is not free what is going on? On xbox it is full price
    Justin Phillips
  • wildwest08wildwest08905,410
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 03:34Permalink
    Got the Artifex Mundi bundles. Used to enjoy those games before they raised the price so I will take 80% off the bundle
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.