The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: the 13 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox Sales

• CanezzaCanezza146,335
  • Throni360Throni3601,790,106
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:24
    Horror of the Deep for me. Already got the rest in previous sales.
  • Mental Knight 5Mental Knight 52,160,927
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:37
    Noir Chronicles is a "part of" too
  • CanezzaCanezza146,335
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:44
    Mental Knight 5 said:
    Noir Chronicles is a "part of" too
    ah, cheers for that, I missed that one toast
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • Guirec730Guirec730354,876
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:45
    Here for my weekly reminder that Brothers was not a very good game or worth money at all
    State of the badass art.
  • Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:47
    Reminder that if you play through the transference, it's collectible achieves are buggy. Make sure to fully interact with each stupid thing you pick up, rotating and looking at it as you go. Even if it shows you collect all 13 it may not pop the achieve and you'll have to delete your save(cloud too) and replay.

Brothers was a fun couple hours.

Aborigenus was a neat platformer. Felt an awful lot like G.O.D.S. from SNES if anyone remembers that.
  • BownzinhoBownzinho326,932
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:52
    Guirec730 said:
    Here for my weekly reminder that Brothers was not a very good game or worth money at all
    This needs to be reposted every week
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 13:54
    Bownzinho said:
    Guirec730 said:
    This needs to be reposted every week
    I will take care of it! Can't have people thinking that just because Starbreeze made it, that it's still good. Everyone who did the work that created Chronicles of Riddick and The Darkness works for Machinegames now.
    State of the badass art.
  • Ste4Beer85Ste4Beer85636,876
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 14:19
    I mentioned this before but I will again. It would be beneficial to have a Difficulty rating in the Table above, I always have to check Xboxachievements.com and to be fair it’s 99% accurate from the games I’ve played. It’s just a suggestion because a lot of games especially Indie titles I’ve never heard of.
    #illholdyourbeer
  • UltraBroceanUltraBrocean709,164
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 14:42
    "You might be able to finish off the game even quicker if you use our Adam's Venture: Origins walkthrough. Looking at the achievement list, nearly all of the game's achievements are related."

I love it when all of the game's achievements are related.
  • HamsterLVHamsterLV1,794,035
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 15:29
    Guirec730 said:
    Compared to what? If compared to a full blooded game, then yes, but compared to Virginia or Aborigenus it is pretty good!
  • Posted on 23 June 20 at 16:15, Edited on 23 June 20 at 16:15 by FloriDUH JBot
    stebeer85 said:
    I mentioned this before but I will again. It would be beneficial to have a Difficulty rating in the Table above, I always have to check Xboxachievements.com and to be fair it’s 99% accurate from the games I’ve played. It’s just a suggestion because a lot of games especially Indie titles I’ve never heard of.
    I compare the TA gamerscore to the actual gamerscore by hovering over each link to give me an idea of whether I want to investigate further. And anything less than 50% off probably doesn't grab my attention.
  • ScoobyDoobyD0ntScoobyDoobyD0nt1,991,359
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 21:00
    HamsterLV said:
    Guirec730 said:
    Compared to what? If compared to a full blooded game, then yes, but compared to Virginia or Aborigenus it is pretty good!
    +1, it isn't thaaaat bad, i have a distinct memory of getting really high with a friend and we were sharing the remote (my left hand his right hand) playing it, it was a mess but a funny one. I think the story was rather bland though, once you get used to the controls it gets pretty boring (but the initial adjustment to the controls is unique imo and thats why i liked it somewhat laugh )
    Scoooooby-doooooby-dooooo
  • TobyLinnTobyLinn442,807
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 21:03, Edited on 23 June 20 at 21:05 by TobyLinn
    I was interested in Aborigenus but that review and the walkthrough are so sarcastic now I'm a little apprehensive...1026 TA score sounds pretty easy though.

I highly recommend Blackwood Crossing, Glass Masquerade, Virginia, Brothers and Adam's Venture, pretty good games.
    Just the stealth sections in Adam's Venture were annoying.
    And the achievements for Virginia are highly missable so you need to follow the walkthrough.

Definitely picking up Adventures of Bertram Fiddle 2 as I picked up the first one on Sale a couple of weeks ago.toast
    https://mix.com/tobylinn81 --> Message me if you follow me and I'll follow back
  • Posted on 23 June 20 at 23:56
    It looks like the Glass Masquerade double pack is also on sale, and more appealing than the indie pack.
    $13 for both puzzle games, and you don't have the temptation of starting some other generic crap game just because you picked it up in a bundle.
    Sold toast
  • WwauWwau126,803
    Posted on 23 June 20 at 23:58
    Guirec730 said:
    LOL i did have quite a chuckle at this i couldnt agree with you more
  • HamsterLVHamsterLV1,794,035
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 05:00
    TobyLinn said:
    I was interested in Aborigenus but that review and the walkthrough are so sarcastic now I'm a little apprehensive...1026 TA score sounds pretty easy though.

I highly recommend Blackwood Crossing, Glass Masquerade, Virginia, Brothers and Adam's Venture, pretty good games.
    Just the stealth sections in Adam's Venture were annoying.
    And the achievements for Virginia are highly missable so you need to follow the walkthrough.

Definitely picking up Adventures of Bertram Fiddle 2 as I picked up the first one on Sale a couple of weeks ago.toast
    Aborigenus is good ONLY for inflating gamerscore by 1000. Can't really call it a game. It all works, but it is SO low effort... I think I did it under one hour.
  • Posted on 24 June 20 at 09:30
    Worth noting Aborigenus doesn’t Launch very well at all it also requires access to All your account information to play and denying that request just sticks you in a loop till you accept
    Posted on 24 June 20 at 18:11
    ScoobyDoobyD0nt said:
    HamsterLV said:
    Guirec730 said:
    +1, it isn't thaaaat bad, i have a distinct memory of getting really high with a friend and we were sharing the remote (my left hand his right hand) playing it, it was a mess but a funny one. I think the story was rather bland though, once you get used to the controls it gets pretty boring (but the initial adjustment to the controls is unique imo and thats why i liked it somewhat laugh )
    I actually thought the controls were totally fine. The setting and concept, also fine. I even thought the level on the "giant battlefield" was really cool. I just thought that the overall story was one without purpose and did not need to be told. All I can really say without getting into spoiler territory...
    State of the badass art.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76619,104
    Posted on 25 June 20 at 11:00
    Guirec730 said:
    ScoobyDoobyD0nt said:
    HamsterLV said:
    Guirec730 said:
    I actually thought the controls were totally fine. The setting and concept, also fine. I even thought the level on the "giant battlefield" was really cool. I just thought that the overall story was one without purpose and did not need to be told. All I can really say without getting into spoiler territory...
    The Giant('s) Battlefield was indeed pretty cool. While the game as a whole is nothing mind-blowing, I actually enjoyed it. According to the ratings, so did most other people. Can't please everyone, I suppose.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.