Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Xbox Games with Gold for July revealed

• Posted on 26 June 20 at 18:07Permalink
    Wish there was a way to see a games base TA score without DLC by default.
  • Posted on 26 June 20 at 18:26Permalink
    WoodsMonk said:
    Can't be many Racing games left that haven't been GWG surely!
    As a person who loves racing games, the people who make the racing games that are on games with gold, Kylotonn, are probably doing this as they make some of the worst racing games that have ever been made. TT Isle of Boredom, V-No_Progession_System 4, and We Really Can't (make a good game) 6, are borderline unplayable and I couldn't imagine this one is any better

Microsoft has to only be getting these games because of how cheap they can get them for to be used on this program. I see no other way. If these were all Codemasters games like DiRT, F1, GRID, and ONRUSH then I don't think it would be anywhere near as bad
    Let's Go!
  • Morpheus414Morpheus414244,486
    Posted on 26 June 20 at 18:46Permalink
    Saints Row 2, hell yeah
    I can singlehandedly replace Bungo’s entire army of 500.
  • Posted on 26 June 20 at 18:50Permalink
    I've actually stopped getting these a month or so ago. I used to download them then delete them to have them. But I realize I will NEVER play them aside from a very select few and even then I probably won't cause they do not interest me in the slightest. I hated saints row 1 and 2, I was very suspect of 3 until I played it and they went the complete opposite direction. Instead of trying to copy GTA make your own game. SR 1 and 2 are horrible mutated clones of GTA.

Unless another midnight club comes out, I'm never gonna play any racing game aside from the Forza fast and furious that I already completed cause they were easy...

Free is free don't get me wrong, but they are and have been falling way way behind PlayStation with these GWG. The first year, maybe 2 is when they hit their stride with games. But now it's utter crap and games with unobtainable achievements and games that servers are already shut down is what they're giving us. You can say it's a good deal with 4 free games a month for a 60 dollar year subscription, but if your not interested and downloading/playing those games. Is it really a deal? No it is not. Anyone with a brain can see that.

Some of you went from, FREE IS FREE YOU CANT COMPLAIN, YOU'RE UNGRATEFUL IF YOU DO! To, what's is this crap you are giving me...laugh roll

It shows that if you get poop shoved in your face, it's gonna leave a bad taste in your mouth and eventually you'll get sick of it and change your tune.

Some is fact and most is my opinion, let's see how many bash me for how I feel? Don't worry I won't report you as what anyone says on the internet means absolutely nothing, including what I've just said... Derpy Derp Derp
    Zombies will prepare you for your dissapointment!
  • buttmudBrooksbuttmudBrooks1,136,072
    Posted on 26 June 20 at 19:02, Edited on 26 June 20 at 19:15 by buttmudBrooksPermalink
    J eVeRy DaY 514 said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Kinda silly how racing is being singled out as the overwhelming majority of games when you have far more platformers and shooters and other types of games on offer for Gold.
    Out of 315 games with gold games, I counted 20 racers and that is being generous (I counted toybox turbos, Burnout and Cars 2 which are arcade racers at best).
    6% is hardly Race with Gold.
    No there’s still too many racers. I see your 20 racers and “raise” you 7 shoot em up titles. maybe half (if I’m being generous) are what most shmup fans would consider part of the sub genre.
    Shmups are very niche and no one particularly salivates for the next top-down game featuring triangles shooting at circles. Despite what the whiners here may make you think, racing has a lot of fans, are great ways to showcase graphical advances and have a decent online community, not to mention a varied spectrum of disciplines. Therefore it would make sense that there are more racing games on Gold than there are shmups.
    There have been nearly as many games with the title “Assassin’s Creed” in GWG as there have been racing titles (in fact even more of these-11-than the shmups you brought up).

Addition: I thought more about your argument and it makes even less sense to me now because no one has once complained about shmups. Literally the only genre I see people bemoan is racing games. That’s why I’m presenting my arguments.
    Always number 2.
    Posted on 26 June 20 at 19:09, Edited on 26 June 20 at 19:10 by buttmudBrooksPermalink
    Christoph 5782 said:
    WoodsMonk said:
    Can't be many Racing games left that haven't been GWG surely!
    As a person who loves racing games, the people who make the racing games that are on games with gold, Kylotonn, are probably doing this as they make some of the worst racing games that have ever been made. TT Isle of Boredom, V-No_Progession_System 4, and We Really Can't (make a good game) 6, are borderline unplayable and I couldn't imagine this one is any better

Microsoft has to only be getting these games because of how cheap they can get them for to be used on this program. I see no other way. If these were all Codemasters games like DiRT, F1, GRID, and ONRUSH then I don't think it would be anywhere near as bad
    As the resident racing game defender of this thread, I agree with everything you said. I’ve been hating on Kylotonn for a while here and they likely could be to blame for driving people away from the racing genre since their games are so amateurish.
    To be accurate, MS have given away Dirt, Grid, F1 titles and Onrush was on PS plus. They also gave away Forza titles in the past , so they have done right by the genre before. I think it’s just that the Kylotonn titles have all been given away one after the other without a good title to break that monotonous parade of weak racers.
    Always number 2.
  • Posted on 26 June 20 at 19:19Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Shmups are very niche and no one particularly salivates for the next top-down game featuring triangles shooting at circles. Despite what the whiners here may make you think, racing has a lot of fans, are great ways to showcase graphical advances and have a decent online community, not to mention a varied spectrum of disciplines. Therefore it would make sense that there are more racing games on Gold than there are shmups.
    There have been nearly as many games with the title “Assassin’s Creed” in GWG as there have been racing titles (in fact even more of these-11-than the shmups you brought up).
    Fair points. Lol at your triangles and circles comment. I agree there are way too many assassins creeds, too many FPS, etc. My point is that as niche as shmups are, racing fans are still getting their fix from what I can tell.
  • magiccigammagiccigam756,979
    Posted on 26 June 20 at 19:43, Edited on 26 June 20 at 19:47 by magiccigamPermalink
    Dunk lords looks like fun. Reminds me of space Jam.
    Juju also looks enjoyable and easy gs too
  • ElyohElyoh813,632
    Posted on 26 June 20 at 19:50Permalink
    Never heard of Juju, but it looks like something I'll enjoy. Nothing else has my interest, but I'm happy with just one a month... Stops the backlog growing faster than I can shrink it!
    No God, know fear. Know God, no fear.
  • SubtleEel4SubtleEel4124,666
    Posted on 26 June 20 at 19:55, Edited on 26 June 20 at 19:57 by SubtleEel4Permalink
    ANOTHER RACING GAME. If you add up all of the Games with Gold ever, I guarantee that we would average one racing game every other month.
  • spegelbilderspegelbilder523,180
    Posted on 26 June 20 at 21:18Permalink
    angry Again, sooo bad games =(
  • AnokiAnoki414,743
    Posted on 26 June 20 at 21:37, Edited on 26 June 20 at 21:41 by AnokiPermalink
    Darkness727420 said:
    I've actually stopped getting these a month or so ago. I used to download them then delete them to have them. But I realize I will NEVER play them aside from a very select few and even then I probably won't cause they do not interest me in the slightest. I hated saints row 1 and 2, I was very suspect of 3 until I played it and they went the complete opposite direction. Instead of trying to copy GTA make your own game. SR 1 and 2 are horrible mutated clones of GTA.

Unless another midnight club comes out, I'm never gonna play any racing game aside from the Forza fast and furious that I already completed cause they were easy...

Free is free don't get me wrong, but they are and have been falling way way behind PlayStation with these GWG. The first year, maybe 2 is when they hit their stride with games. But now it's utter crap and games with unobtainable achievements and games that servers are already shut down is what they're giving us. You can say it's a good deal with 4 free games a month for a 60 dollar year subscription, but if your not interested and downloading/playing those games. Is it really a deal? No it is not. Anyone with a brain can see that.

Some of you went from, FREE IS FREE YOU CANT COMPLAIN, YOU'RE UNGRATEFUL IF YOU DO! To, what's is this crap you are giving me...laugh roll

It shows that if you get poop shoved in your face, it's gonna leave a bad taste in your mouth and eventually you'll get sick of it and change your tune.

Some is fact and most is my opinion, let's see how many bash me for how I feel? Don't worry I won't report you as what anyone says on the internet means absolutely nothing, including what I've just said... Derpy Derp Derp
    Like your past self I tend to just grab the games and let them sit in my "Ready to Install". What I will never agree on is shitting on Xbox Live because the Games with Gold games are not to my liking. I and many others (probably you as well) paid for Xbox Live way before Games with Gold was even a thing. I can't hate on a product I paid the same price for in the past as I do now for adding something that I don't particular like or enjoy.

Some months are good and some are shit. But all I have to do is remember that in the past there was no GwG. So why be mad or complain when they could get rid of the program entirely and you and I would still shell out our $60 for the service we've been paying for since the beginning.

Oh and remember that the only reason Sony even offers free games every month is because of GwG. Without it they wouldn't have bothered making a copy of said program in the first place.

TL;DR We are paying the same price we did before GwG was ever a thing. So there is no reason to get mad or complain about added features to said program we've been paying for this whole time.
    Posted on 27 June 20 at 00:28Permalink
    J eVeRy DaY 514 said:
    buttmudBrooks said:
    Fair points. Lol at your triangles and circles comment. I agree there are way too many assassins creeds, too many FPS, etc. My point is that as niche as shmups are, racing fans are still getting their fix from what I can tell.
    Definitely. I like to see racing games get a fair shake because it seems there is hate directed at them sometimes.
    Also thanks for the discussion, I’m glad I didn’t come off as overly defensive or insulting because it wasn’t my intention.
    Always number 2.
    Posted on 27 June 20 at 00:30Permalink
    SubtleEel4 said:
    ANOTHER RACING GAME. If you add up all of the Games with Gold ever, I guarantee that we would average one racing game every other month.
    You need to go back and read my research.shock
    Always number 2.
  • flubberfudgeflubberfudge605,434
    Posted on 27 June 20 at 01:25Permalink
    Juju was a fricken awesome game, easy 1000 as well.
    flubber
  • HaukkisHaukkis496,750
    Posted on 27 June 20 at 01:42Permalink
    WRC 8... nice! So glad I didn't buy it :)
  • Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever1,846,992
    Posted on 27 June 20 at 02:06Permalink
    Believe it or not the first saints row I’ve ever played was the third one. So saints row 2 is pretty awesome this month😀
    Crackdown 3!
  • Posted on 27 June 20 at 02:14Permalink
    Nice
    It Will bring some people on Saints Row 2
  • SubtleEel4SubtleEel4124,666
    Posted on 27 June 20 at 02:24Permalink
    buttmudBrooks said:
    SubtleEel4 said:
    You need to go back and read my research.shock
    Ok, one racing game in a little under every three months. Close enough professor.
  • Posted on 27 June 20 at 02:45Permalink
    Meh. Nothing for me this month.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.