Talk about TrueAchievements

General chat about all things TA

Hardest game to 100% clear achievements?

• tr4shleytr4shley19,925
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 08:55Permalink
    After completing Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance's achievements, I thought about what the hardest game to clear would be.
    While yeah, MGS:R was difficult, it isn't that hard for someone without much experience to maybe beat it in a month max. Only a few select parts of the game required actual strategies.

Here is some of my ideas for hardest games to clear. I'd consider time consuming "hard" due to the fact that work, school, and family matters exist. Dropping 600 hours to get 1000gs can be something pretty difficult to balance around real life.

Rare Replay:
    Pretty self explanatory, insane amount of playing, and all those 360 games. While you don't have to get all the gamerscore in those, it's still quite the feat.

Halo MCC:
    Pretty time consuming, and the LASO part is very difficult. Although there is so much variety it's not too bad.

Dead or Alive Xtreme 2
    This isn't really "hard". but I'd consider 500+ hours of trying to collect all the swimsuits pretty hard to waste your spare time on. You can play for weeks at a time without even popping an achievement.

Ninja Gaiden II
    This is not just time consuming, but EXTREMELY difficult. This also goes for the sequel.

Quake 4
    Quake 4Secret AchievementThe Secret Achievement achievement in Quake 4 worth 812 pointsContinue playing to unlock this secret achievement
    Some extreme levels of grinding to unlock the multiplayer achievements. Even with the help of double boxing it will still take forever.

Deathsmiles
    Having played the PC version, I am of the opinion that this is probably the most difficult game to 100% on the xbox.
    A not-so-familiar genre to most, which means a lot of practice and mastering.
    Across the EU/JP/NA versions, only 14 people ever have managed to 100% it

What do you guys think? What is the hardest game to 100%?
  • DavidDavid213,048
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 10:58, Edited on 29 June 20 at 11:02 by DavidPermalink
    Sea of Thieves - Not only is it hundred and hundreds of hours of grinding, you also have to contend with PVP potentially knocking out a few hours of work in a few minutes. A medium amount of skill is required to accomplish this and is something very very few of us will ever do.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,628,202
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 11:39Permalink
    David#4473 said:
    Sea of Thieves - Not only is it hundred and hundreds of hours of grinding, you also have to contend with PVP potentially knocking out a few hours of work in a few minutes. A medium amount of skill is required to accomplish this and is something very very few of us will ever do.
    I personally think Elite is harder than SoT. Both the same idea.
  • JimbotUKJimbotUK1,753,253
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 12:06Permalink
    Tempest, Asteroids, Deathsmiles come to mind.
  • fireizfireiz530,751
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 13:32Permalink
    Wargroove just got my vote, going through it as we speak now and it is a brutal experience
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer1,287,401
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 14:30, Edited on 29 June 20 at 14:35 by TangerineGamerPermalink
    David#4473 said:
    Grinding isn't difficult, you could argue that having the motivation to continue a grind for such a long time is difficult but it's a stretch IMO.
    SoT like many other games can be made much easier if you know how the systems work, getting a dead server - therefore eliminating PvP altogether - is simply about waiting out the other players on your server and then taking steps to ensure you don't allow the system to merge your server with another.
    You are then free to do whatever you like without fear of attack from other players.

SoT takes hundreds of hours, but it's not hard, especially with a crew of people working towards the same goal and communicating. Deathsmiles would probably take longer to complete that SoT and the skill level required is much higher as well.

Games that have a heavy focus on luck or RNG I don't believe can be classed as difficult in of themselves, so I would personally look to games that are purely skill based for the purpose of this discussion so my vote would go to Deathsmiles, the high level of skill required constantly throughout the whole game to gain the achievements is insane.

I have no knowledge of Wargroove though, so I'm not sure how bad that can be ... but looking at the type of game it is I can't imagine how it would be harder than Deathsmiles.
  • Posted on 29 June 20 at 15:11Permalink
    Off hand I'd obviously toss in Deathsmiles, Cloudberry Kingdom, Lost Planet 2 (skill based leaderboard achievement) or Need for Speed (2015) for contenders.

But. If I had a gun to my head and was asked to give a definite answer though... Crypt of the NecroDancer.
    I work on achievements. Life sanity tip: don't work on achievements.
  • planting42planting421,490,856
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 16:05Permalink
    MMOs like Neverwinter come to mind. Also, Elite Dangerous given the sheer time investment required.
  • pezza888pezza888119,658
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 16:31Permalink
    Games like Quake with leaderboard achievements have to be up there with the hardest completions. Expecting you to reach number one in the world is ridiculous.

Then on Xbox One there are loads of Free to Play games with awful achievement lists, Fishing Planet Achievements probably being the worst (hence the highest TA score game on site).

If you want to dismiss grinds and focus on actual game difficulty, then something like Deathsmiles or Cloudberry Kingdom wins for sure.
  • Posted on 29 June 20 at 16:51Permalink
    planting42 said:
    MMOs like Neverwinter come to mind. Also, Elite Dangerous given the sheer time investment required.
    Elite is pretty easy right now. Two completions under 700 hours at the moment. It's obviously still an MMO-level time, but it's chump change compared to some games. The gallons of money that LTDs spit out helps trivialize everything else.
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 16:54, Edited on 29 June 20 at 16:55 by planting42Permalink
    CodeMonkeysGuy said:
    planting42 said:
    Elite is pretty easy right now. Two completions under 700 hours at the moment. It's obviously still an MMO-level time, but it's chump change compared to some games. The gallons of money that LTDs spit out helps trivialize everything else.
    I've tried LTD farming and I NEVER see profits like the vids claim. I've got nearly 2K hours in so I'm pretty sure its not my lack of knowledge. Kudos if it works for you, but I'm lucky to see 100K in 10hrs.

Exploring is almost faster. Seriously.
  • Posted on 29 June 20 at 17:10, Edited on 29 June 20 at 17:14 by CodeMonkeysGuyPermalink
    planting42 said:
    I've tried LTD farming and I NEVER see profits like the vids claim. I've got nearly 2K hours in so I'm pretty sure its not my lack of knowledge. Kudos if it works for you, but I'm lucky to see 100K in 10hrs.

Exploring is almost faster. Seriously.
    It's a lack of something. Probably several somethings honestly. I'm not a god at it or anything but I can break 100M an hour. Pros will do closer to 200, especially in wings.

There's several factors that come into play. It's strictly mining laser surface mining, so essentially prospector limpet at any asteroid -> laser mine if you like the % of LTDs (usually anything over 20%) -> swarm of collector limpets auto-grab the goodies -> repeat.

Location is also important. Hotspot overlaps increase the amount of LTDs in asteroids by a fair margin (3x overlap minimum is important) so dropping in at the right spot is crucial. I think the current winner (loose 4x overlap) was in SWOILZ PK-R B20-0, but I'm stuck on World of Tanks and haven't done much in the game for a hot minute so that's memory talking.

And then you have to sell them 'correctly'. Systems need to be in a certain state [general rule is Boom/Investment + Civil Liberty + Expansion (+ more rarely Public Holiday)] and you need to sell ideally only when the DEMAND is 4x what you're carrying (or more) or you lose money (ergo the money you make begins to drop when the amount in your cargo hold is 25% of current demand or more).

It's a lot to take in (how to build ship, how to be efficient, carriers help a lot these days for stockpiling) but it's not hard.
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 17:28Permalink
    CodeMonkeysGuy said:
    Well damn, that's a bit more in depth than anyone's explained it before. Thanks for that!
  • halohogghalohogg101,728
    Posted on 29 June 20 at 20:12Permalink
    Trials - all of them - there's just no way to make the bike go that way. So many restarts. Controller smashers.
  • NismoR034NismoR034708,375
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 04:56Permalink
    Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione for the racing game side of things, along with maybe titles like Ridge Racer 6 and Trackmania Turbo.

Only six people on TA have done the original Assetto Corsa, I’m one of them (not bragging). Combination of pretty damn hard plus a super niche title/series.

Also surprised to not see GRAW mentioned yet when Quake 4 was listed.
  • Bridge188Bridge188810,410
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 16:13, Edited on 30 June 20 at 16:14 by Bridge188Permalink
    Anything with leaderboard achievements - some examples (some I've played, some I haven't)

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter
    Quake 4
    Joust (I actually have this one!)
    Robotron 2084
    Kane and Lynch

Edit: Oh and how about Elder Scrolls Online? Becoming the Emperor...
  • Posted on 30 June 20 at 22:55Permalink
    Bridge188 said:
    Anything with leaderboard achievements - some examples (some I've played, some I haven't)

Quake 4
    Robotron 2084
    Kane and Lynch

I have all those leaderboards done, but still haven't finished Deathsmiles! laugh
    Dead Rising Survivalist: 17d 07h 01m 34s (PS4 ; 2nd), 17d 07h 01m 36s (Xbox One ; 1st) Xbox 360 : 17d 07h 00m (hacked leaderboard)
  • Ax7 BEASTAx7 BEAST580,708
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 00:49Permalink
    Ninja Gaiden 2 comes to mind
    Boosting Battlefield BC, Halo Wars, and Gears PC
  • Joel78Joel78552,572
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 01:40Permalink
    Tony Hawk's Project 8 was probably the hardest thing I've completed. I also found Hexic HD quite difficult as I don't really have the patience for puzzle games.
  • Bridge188Bridge188810,410
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 11:31Permalink
    BPBPBPBPBPBPBP said:
    Bridge188 said:

Quake 4
    Robotron 2084
    Kane and Lynch

I have all those leaderboards done, but still haven't finished Deathsmiles! laugh
    I'm pretty sure you were a few up in the chain of people who passed the Joust one to me. If I remember rightly you have an alt account that's still way up there on the leaderboards!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.