The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: June 30th, 2020

• vegansoundvegansound685,282
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 14:09Permalink
    Is it some kind of joke, a troll from Microsoft?? EVERY WEEK the sales are THE SAME! Same games list, same discounts... Well, not every week, but I guess there are two permanent sales lists which alternate every week. angry

I'm bored of Microsoft's politic, they really don't care about their users. There are tons of games/DLCs/movies/apps they can put a discount on, but no, always the same old titles...

Back in time (Xbox 360 period), there was a website called XBLDB (Xbox LIVE Database) that compiled all the sales through time. We could see how many times and when a content was in sales. Too bad it was only for 360 because that would be interesting to see it now, how many times Borderlands, Assassin's Creed or LEGO games have been discounted.
    Then there was storeparser.com for Xbox One sales, but it went inactive in 2017. cry

Seeing that, every week the same things, I re-propose my suggestion/idea of being able to hide games we don't want, an option to put titles as 'not interested in', so they won't appear again. I've posted 2 threads about about in the wishlist suggestion part of the forum but no member of TA answered (read?) it...

Unwishlist/Secret flag
    'Not interested' games filter

That's too bad because TA is a community, the site does everything to improve the experience of gaming, but they don't mind about useful ideas...
    Sean Carey said:Where are you (TA staff)?? (Sorry, I don't know how to do other than this way to tag you.)
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,069,015
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 14:14Permalink
    Civ Vi plus add on pack for me. Got a £50 Xbox voucher as a gift from work. Nicely spent there.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • x Mataeus xx Mataeus x1,069,015
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 14:16Permalink
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Seitzz said:
    WRC 8 a few days early
    It’s already July and GwG are always available for the start of the month.
    30th June today mate. But yes, they often go on early.
    "I gotta be honest, entering a bunch of 25 character codes to have gear spit out of the magic box kinda sucks" - Rista B
  • RadicalKoopaRadicalKoopa546,104
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 15:27Permalink
    x Mataeus x said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Seitzz said:
    WRC 8 a few days early
    It is July for him, he`s down under.
  • Posted on 30 June 20 at 15:27Permalink
    x Mataeus x said:
    HolyHalfDead said:
    Seitzz said:
    WRC 8 a few days early
    I downloaded it yesterday the 29th for Free, so it's extra early this month.
    This space for rent.
  • PURESSENCEPURESSENCE861,743
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 19:00Permalink
    Ghostbusters and Slayaway Camp for me
    Too much work, not enough games
  • Posted on 30 June 20 at 19:45Permalink
    All three Bioshock games for $10?!? That has to be the game steal of the decade/century. I just finished the first game again, replaying #2 right now and will roll into Infinite again after that. And they were just updated to 4k, so the visuals really match the audio now. Phenomenal storytelling, immersive environment - if you're stuck at home, there are few better ways to spend it than playing these three games - and it sure beats binge-watching crapola lol
    Oh - and the first Bioshock includes multiple director's commentaries that you can find throughout the game and watch. If you haven't played the game all the way through, watch em after you finish all three games because some of what they discuss involves the third game/Infinite. First time I've taken the time to watch a behind the scenes of a game, but this was definitely worth it.
  • J2B9J2B9698,230
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 22:01, Edited on 01 July 20 at 00:05 by J2B9Permalink
    vegansound said:
    Is it some kind of joke, a troll from Microsoft?? EVERY WEEK the sales are THE SAME! Same games list, same discounts... Well, not every week, but I guess there are two permanent sales lists which alternate every week. angry

I'm bored of Microsoft's politic, they really don't care about their users. There are tons of games/DLCs/movies/apps they can put a discount on, but no, always the same old titles...

Back in time (Xbox 360 period), there was a website called XBLDB (Xbox LIVE Database) that compiled all the sales through time. We could see how many times and when a content was in sales. Too bad it was only for 360 because that would be interesting to see it now, how many times Borderlands, Assassin's Creed or LEGO games have been discounted.
    Then there was storeparser.com for Xbox One sales, but it went inactive in 2017. cry
    Lol you really think Microsoft makes these prices or decides what games to discount? PlayStation has these same games go on sale just as often and for the same price because it’s the publishers that decide what to do. So your issue is with each publisher, not Microsoft (unless it’s a Microsoft game of course).
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 22:34Permalink
    J2B9 said:
    Lol you really think Microsoft makes these prices or decides what games to discount? PlayStation has these same games go on sale just as often and for the same price because it’s the publishers that decide what to do. So you’re issue is with each publisher, not Microsoft (unless it’s a Microsoft game of course).
    So shame on whom it may concern, because it's really stupid. I knew that publishers paid to have their games on sale, but that they were stupid to that point, no. And Microsoft must be responsible too, whatever their involvement. It's their consoles, their customers, they should want a better treatment of them, more diversity, but there they let it goes... Sony also apparently...
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto1,485,894
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 23:48, Edited on 30 June 20 at 23:49 by TheOnlyMattoPermalink
    damn I missed the escapists sale!!! Site teased me when it said the game was still on sale for 6.50 and clicked it to be told it was 31 bucks. Yesterdays sale sleep missed this one by a day!!! NoooOOOOoOoooOOOoo!
    See you in Valhalla
  • ZwinnetoteZwinnetote440,366
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 10:41Permalink
    Where can you find the Shocktober in summer sale on the xbox one console? It's nowhere to be found
  • Posted on 01 July 20 at 11:11Permalink
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    Anyone think walking dead the final season will go games for gold eventually? on the fence right now.
    It most likely will, all the other individual games are on GP or have been on Games with Gold.

If you haven't played it already I would wait for it to go there.
  • AnToN XnAnToN Xn411,886
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 14:54Permalink
    Once again, big sale but nothing for me, except maybe that 1 euro game
  • TwistedTBTwistedTB621,218
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 05:42Permalink
    vegansound said:

Seeing that, every week the same things, I re-propose my suggestion/idea of being able to hide games we don't want, an option to put titles as 'not interested in', so they won't appear again. I've posted 2 threads about about in the wishlist suggestion part of the forum but no member of TA answered (read?) it...

Unwishlist/Secret flag
    'Not interested' games filter

That's too bad because TA is a community, the site does everything to improve the experience of gaming, but they don't mind about useful ideas...
    Sean Carey said:Where are you (TA staff)?? (Sorry, I don't know how to do other than this way to tag you.)
    Thats a great idea. Maybe completionists could have some way of hiding games with unobtainables/discontinued achievements? Genres you aren't interested in, etc.? Sounds good to me, but I don't know how hard it would be to implement.
    Warmest regards, TwistedTB.
  • Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever1,848,315
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 06:18Permalink
    Circa Darkrage said:
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    Anyone think walking dead the final season will go games for gold eventually? on the fence right now.
    It most likely will, all the other individual games are on GP or have been on Games with Gold.

If you haven't played it already I would wait for it to go there.

Thanks was thinking the same thing 😉
    Crackdown 3!
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 10:22Permalink
    TwistedTB said:
    Thats a great idea. Maybe completionists could have some way of hiding games with unobtainables/discontinued achievements? Genres you aren't interested in, etc.? Sounds good to me, but I don't know how hard it would be to implement.
    Thanks for supporting my suggestion. I'm sure lots of people here would be interested. Steam on PC already does it and it works perfectly.

Your idea about a filter for interminable games is also great, never thought about that.

TA is all about filter features, so I don't think those ones would be hard to set up. Steam succeeded, why not TA? But once again, none of the staff tagged here came to check... ☹️
  • SaP RaZzorSaP RaZzor609,557
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 11:46Permalink
    Nothing interesting this week
  • halohogghalohogg101,541
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 12:34Permalink
    YODA12320 said:
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    Another pretty big sale.
    Not really its just a bunch of repeats same as any other sale lol.
    So you just wanted credit for the big salad sale? It WAS a pretty big sale!
  • CenosisCenosis108,956
    Posted on 03 July 20 at 02:46Permalink
    Decided to pick up Armello, looks like it'll be great fun!
  • MagicalChildMagicalChild705,031
    Posted yesterday at 20:24Permalink
    vegansound said:
    TwistedTB said:
    Thanks for supporting my suggestion. I'm sure lots of people here would be interested. Steam on PC already does it and it works perfectly.

Your idea about a filter for interminable games is also great, never thought about that.

TA is all about filter features, so I don't think those ones would be hard to set up. Steam succeeded, why not TA? But once again, none of the staff tagged here came to check... ??
    Funny, I was thinking of a "hide already owned" filter. Liking your ideas, too, though. I guess filters it is! laugh
    I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.