The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 7 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• CanezzaCanezza267,820
  • JarzilJarzil435,501
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 11:43
    Just downloaded Selma and the wisp. Will give it a blast once I got the last few Pubg achievements I need.
  • Ima Gh0stbusterIma Gh0stbuster1,088,277
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 11:49
    finished playing slayaway last night. Fun game but gets grindy if you want to get all the achievements as your need more coins than playing through the game gives you!
  • Posted on 30 June 20 at 11:55
    Uncanny valley is not 85% off
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 June 20 at 12:02
    Nice
  • N30YRDN30YRD1,039,705
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 12:28
    I picked up Selma and the wisp...

I'd recommend Black Mirror and Uncanny Valley
  • BrasshandeBrasshande1,767,293
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 12:37
    Couldn't resist Selma and the Wisp at that price. Previously bought Black Mirror when it was even cheaper than it is here, and still felt robbed at that price, not a good game in any way, with some of the most teeth grinding loading times i've ever come across to slow progress down even more smile
    D'yuz gan at death speed?
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,261,878
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 12:40, Edited on 30 June 20 at 12:50 by EarthboundX
    Only game on this list I have played is Slayaway Camp: Butcher's Cut, wasn't a fan.

Not really the game's fault though, its presentation is amazing, but I've never liked the type of puzzles the entire game is, when they have been used in other games. Hmm, makes me wonder what that puzzle type is called now.

It did lead me to finding this awesome song though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpmcrLsyQtk

Man that's 80s as hell!
  • ShadowRaven9ShadowRaven9422,908
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 12:56
    Johnny Broham said:
    There is a bundle that is though that includes the game. Its still a typo on Sean's part but worth mentioning
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 30 June 20 at 13:00
    Just a Heads up that pixel gladiator is not an easy completion, since the devs updated the starting credits for levels from the review copies.
  • CanezzaCanezza267,820
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 13:48
    ShadowRaven9 said:
    Johnny Broham said:
    There is a bundle that is though that includes the game. Its still a typo on Sean's part but worth mentioning
    Apologies y'all. I have to add in the bundle part manually and this one slipped my mind! Cheers
    toast
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • CanezzaCanezza267,820
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 13:49
    MA3LSTR0M808 said:
    Just a Heads up that pixel gladiator is not an easy completion, since the devs updated the starting credits for levels from the review copies.
    Cheers MA3LSTR0M808. I'll update now! toast
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • wildwest08wildwest081,823,740
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 14:26
    Highly recommend slayaway camp. I did that during the Christmas TA challenge I believe and it was soooo much fun.
  • LiquidAgLiquidAg322,964
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 14:53
    wildwest08 said:
    Highly recommend slayaway camp. I did that during the Christmas TA challenge I believe and it was soooo much fun.
    Me too!
    "I have a bad feeling about this..."
  • GRAND NOBLEGRAND NOBLE460,754
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 15:27
    wow i almost bought SELMA AND THE WISP last month, I only didn't buy it because I forgot.
    it was $5 - now it 99 cents.

Gottta get it now!
    Leap Frog 2017 - 4x 6.4+ Ratio!! (Croaked on Day 29) -- www.instagram.com/grandnoble
  • Posted on 30 June 20 at 15:30
    What are everyone's thoughts on Selma and the Wisp apart from it being an easy completion? It's at 2.29/5 here on TA.
    https://www.waivingentropy.com/
  • FiveWizzFiveWizz649,295
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 15:40
    I didn't enjoy playing Selma and the wisp.

The saving grace is the fact that you can play it through without a guide as there are no missables. You just play the game and figure out the puzzles.

It's a platformer but not in the traditional sense which is why it's annoying to play. You control a ball in front of Selma that can float around and she follows it. So you're not controlling selma. For the fiddly parts of the platforming I found it extremely annoying. But that might just be saying more about my skill.

Hopefully that make sense.
  • x1001x Puppysx1001x Puppys2,078,225
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 16:01
    BLAST KINETIC said:
    What are everyone's thoughts on Selma and the Wisp apart from it being an easy completion? It's at 2.29/5 here on TA.
    I played 133 Xbox games in March for GSL and Selma and the Wisp was the second worst game I played in that bunch. The game is terrible.

That being said, it is $1 and a quick completion, so it is worth suffering through for the easy 1000G. Its only 1-2 hours of your life you will never get back laugh
  • The CherishedThe Cherished2,446,244
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 17:19
    BLAST KINETIC said:
    I liked it a lot. It's far from perfect and you need to have some pretty decent platforming skills for a free parts, but I paid full price and don't regret it.

If you like 80s movies it has tons of fun references that don't feel like they're just trying to rip off a better franchise like so many games I can mention.

My biggest knock is I literally don't understand the ending at all. It makes zero sense.
  • WwauWwau263,936
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 17:47
    Selma And The Wisp is installing as i type this. Thanks Sean!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads