The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Easy Gamerscore: The 7 quickest game completions from the latest Xbox sales

• zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,332,713
    Posted on 30 June 20 at 23:11
    Canezza said:
    MA3LSTR0M808 said:
    Just a Heads up that pixel gladiator is not an easy completion, since the devs updated the starting credits for levels from the review copies.
    Cheers MA3LSTR0M808. I'll update now! toast
    I did it post update. It’s still very much an easy completion, just not as quick. I’d say at most 2/3hrs MAX to complete.
    Matthew
  • HamsterLVHamsterLV1,795,738
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 05:12
    Why are people saying that pixel gladiator is not THAT easy?! Compared to what!? Telltale game? I did it after the dreaded patch and it is all doable! You might not be able to do it first try, but come on! S*** game though!
  • TubbedTubbed343,799
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 06:32
    BLAST KINETIC said:
    What are everyone's thoughts on Selma and the Wisp apart from it being an easy completion? It's at 2.29/5 here on TA.
    2.29 is generous and I imagine it's only that high because it's an easy completion. I just finished it and apart from the basic concept of the game, which I found quite interesting, everything is horrible.

It is only one of two times in over a decade that I've actually questioned achievement hunting and wondered if it's all worth it. The other time was Flappy Goat.

Positives: it's very cheap and I was able to use Microsoft Rewards to pay for it. It's over in around an hour so it's over pretty quickly and you can move on to something worthwhile. Basic concept.

Negatives: literally everything else.
  • MA3LSTR0M808MA3LSTR0M808944,085
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 10:21
    HamsterLV said:
    Why are people saying that pixel gladiator is not THAT easy?! Compared to what!? Telltale game? I did it after the dreaded patch and it is all doable! You might not be able to do it first try, but come on! S*** game though!
    Ok Mr Hardcore Gamer... laugh
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 12:16
    MA3LSTR0M808 said:
    HamsterLV said:
    I would battle wits with you, but I don't feel like beating an unarmed person.
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 13:16
    HamsterLV said:
    MA3LSTR0M808 said:
    HamsterLV said:
    I would battle wits with you, but I don't feel like beating an unarmed person.
    roll Battling you would only bring me down to your level Mr Hardcore Gamer toast
  • branstoneboybranstoneboy398,741
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 14:32
    Screw Slayaway Camp, I played for over an hour to get Final Destination (25 streak on a timing based minigame) and I still can't get it. Ten times worse than Flappy Goat in my opinion.
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 16:13, Edited on 01 July 20 at 16:15 by HamsterLV
    MA3LSTR0M808 said:
    roll Battling you would only bring me down to your level Mr Hardcore Gamer toast
    You can not even grasp the simple concept of going up or down roll To ''get down to my level'', you have to above me, not below...
    1. I tried to encourage people to play Pixel Gladiator by telling it is not that hard at all, you condescendingly called me "hardcore gamer" for no obvious reason, so who has moral high-ground!?
    2. Matter of fact I am hardcore gamer- played 580 games, 660'000G, completion percentage 99.2% and T.A. ratio of 2.15 (1'425'547 T.A. score), pretty hardcore stats if I do say so myself. I work pretty hard to achieve and maintain those stats.
    What can you counter with? 509 games played, 325'000G, completion percentage 63%, T.A. ratio 1.45. I do believe I win this one so bad, that compared to you I am not Hardcore gamer... compared to you I am gaming Demigod on steroids, but I do believe that even a boiled sausage is a serious contender when faced off with the likes of you so that is not a big accomplishment for me.
    Maybe you don't care as much about achievements as I do, that is fine, do whatever, the hell you give me attitude for?

So one more time, Pixel Gladiator is not that hard, you will probably have to work for it an hour or two, maybe even watch a strategy video on YouTube, but it is VERY doable.
  • WwauWwau126,840
    Posted on 01 July 20 at 16:41
    Wwau said:
    Selma And The Wisp is installing as i type this. Thanks Sean!
    I now know why it was 83P the price really matches the quality of the game very basic
  • Posted on 02 July 20 at 02:04, Edited on 02 July 20 at 02:04 by Ultramarine360
    HamsterLV said:
    MA3LSTR0M808 said:
    You can not even grasp the simple concept of going up or down roll To ''get down to my level'', you have to above me, not below...
    1. I tried to encourage people to play Pixel Gladiator by telling it is not that hard at all, you condescendingly called me "hardcore gamer" for no obvious reason, so who has moral high-ground!?
    2. Matter of fact I am hardcore gamer- played 580 games, 660'000G, completion percentage 99.2% and T.A. ratio of 2.15 (1'425'547 T.A. score), pretty hardcore stats if I do say so myself. I work pretty hard to achieve and maintain those stats.
    What can you counter with? 509 games played, 325'000G, completion percentage 63%, T.A. ratio 1.45. I do believe I win this one so bad, that compared to you I am not Hardcore gamer... compared to you I am gaming Demigod on steroids, but I do believe that even a boiled sausage is a serious contender when faced off with the likes of you so that is not a big accomplishment for me.
    Maybe you don't care as much about achievements as I do, that is fine, do whatever, the hell you give me attitude for?

So one more time, Pixel Gladiator is not that hard, you will probably have to work for it an hour or two, maybe even watch a strategy video on YouTube, but it is VERY doable.
    Yawn! Can you both chill out now. I propose a head to head in dual. Maybe something simple like rocket league. May the best gamer win.
    Daniel Jackson/ultramarine360
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 06:34
    Ultramarine360 said:
    Yawn! Can you both chill out now. I propose a head to head in dual. Maybe something simple like rocket league. May the best gamer win.
    How did humanity EVER get anywhere without your endless wisdom roll
    Gide me oh wise one!
  • EazyE2285EazyE2285454,068
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 06:41
    My epeen is bigger than yours. Man that was fun. I'll see myself out of this arbitrary number argument before I get called a weak gamer or something because I purposely tanked my percentage on a bean dive to play all my backlog and never bothered to recover it
  • TubbedTubbed343,799
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 07:37
    EazyE2285 said:
    My epeen is bigger than yours. Man that was fun. I'll see myself out of this arbitrary number argument before I get called a weak gamer or something because I purposely tanked my percentage on a bean dive to play all my backlog and never bothered to recover it
    Hey, I wish I was sitting at around 50%~ completion after a bean dive. *cries in 25%*
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 08:20
    HamsterLV said:
    MA3LSTR0M808 said:

All Hail the God of Gaming. Thanks for the essay buddy. Flashbacks of Dennis Nedry in Jurassic Park "This guy is a hardcore gamer- played 580 games, 660'000G, completion percentage 99.2% and T.A. ratio of 2.15 (1'425'547 T.A. score)" nobody cares. Let me know when you move out of your mothers basement laugh
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 09:02, Edited on 02 July 20 at 09:08 by HamsterLV
    MA3LSTR0M808 said:
    All Hail the God of Gaming. Thanks for the essay buddy. nobody cares. Let me know when you move out of your mothers basement laugh
    I hope you didn't strain your last brain cells reading this.
    Agreed, you are nobody!
    Why do you need to know when I move out? Is that some yokel insult I too not American to understand!? What next, are you going to try to insult me by saying: "I bet you don't even date your sister!" I don't, but nobody does!
    Also please educate me on your accomplishments!
  • Posted on 02 July 20 at 10:38
    HamsterLV said:
    Ultramarine360 said:
    Gide me oh wise one!
    I was trying to be nice but I guess you picked on the wrong person. I have looked at your profile. You are good granted, but I see no challenge badges for 1st , 2nd or 3rd in site challenges. I notice your not on the first page of the gamerscore leaderboard, games competed leaderboard or achievement streak leaderboard. You have accomplished nothing that no one else can on this site with nothing other then time at their disposal. You are firing from the hip about a point that you have likely entirely forgotten, an opinion on a game. Your next achievement if you don't calm yourself will be to continue to make a fool out of yourself to the TA community.

We are all here for one reason. To play games, not to throw hate and ill feeling at each other. Please stop with the how great you are talk. There is always someone better.

An apology at this point would be the grown up thing to do. I have 311000 gamerscore but this does not mean I am better or worse then anyone and quickly goes out the window in competitive online play.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX1,590,190
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 11:04
    I'm surprised, even though this an achievement site, you don't actually seen people fighting over who is supposedly better because of pointless achievements or stats that often, it's pretty funny.
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 11:30
    Ultramarine360 said:
    HamsterLV said:
    Ultramarine360 said:
    Gide me oh wise one!
    I was trying to be nice but I guess you picked on the wrong person. I have looked at your profile. You are good granted, but I see no challenge badges for 1st , 2nd or 3rd in site challenges. I notice your not on the first page of the gamerscore leaderboard, games competed leaderboard or achievement streak leaderboard. You have accomplished nothing that no one else can on this site with nothing other then time at their disposal. You are firing from the hip about a point that you have likely entirely forgotten, an opinion on a game. Your next achievement if you don't calm yourself will be to continue to make a fool out of yourself to the TA community.

We are all here for one reason. To play games, not to throw hate and ill feeling at each other. Please stop with the how great you are talk. There is always someone better.

An apology at this point would be the grown up thing to do. I have 311000 gamerscore but this does not mean I am better or worse then anyone and quickly goes out the window in competitive online play.
    ONLY reason, I REPEAT ONLY reason I even brought up my stats was to make a comparison with a certain person. I do what I do for my own reasons and those reasons alone. I do not long for crown praise. Never claimed to do things other can not, I dare you to find my quote that says otherwise!
    If you must know, I am not on leaderboards because of money, yes that is right, my funding is limited, since I make my own living, so I can not afford to buy games fresh off the shelves, nor do I feel any need to. I absolutely care not if I am first to complete a game, last or anywhere in between, but at the same time I have respect for those who manage to become first!

Question, if a person challenges information or point if view that you provide, is it like a mandatory American thing to do to tell them to calm down? What gives the impression that I am not calm!? Do I make ridiculous threats? Is my choice of words or grammar out the window? How do you even tell if a person ON A FORUM is not calm? I mean I do not sit here holding my breath, waiting for response, I go do stuff, then come back after a while to see what is up, don't you?!

The reasons why people are here, you will find quite different, some are to play games, some to earn achievements, some to be first on leaderboards, it is not JUST THE 1 THING for everyone. This site provides plenty of useful, that is why people come here, but to each it differs. I mean that is why there are SO MANY different leaderboards...

Abut apology, I do not feel that my tiny pinch of sarcasm your way deserves one from me. You decided to stick your nose in this, you were not invited. If you are so mature as you imply, I am sure you can deal with it! I believe in you!
    Posted on 02 July 20 at 11:40, Edited on 02 July 20 at 11:42 by HamsterLV
    EarthboundX said:
    I'm surprised, even though this an achievement site, you don't actually seen people fighting over who is supposedly better because of pointless achievements or stats that often, it's pretty funny.
    I am not here to prove if I am better than others, there are stats and you are free to interpret them as you see fit. I was here (on this particular thread) to give my 2 cents on Pixel Gladiator, when I was given attitude so I have been giving it back.

Also, have you given thought what isn't pointless? Watching sports and checking stats isn't pointless?! Billions do that, can't be pointless! Right?!
  • Posted on 02 July 20 at 11:43, Edited on 02 July 20 at 12:20 by Ultramarine360
    Who said I was American. Wrong again lol. See opinions matter. Check your facts. I will always stick my nose in to what I perceive is bullying or belittling behaviour.

Sun is shining here....in England!. Back to gaming.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.