The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: July 7th, 2020

• GuidalityGuidality828,952
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 02:19
    I’ll grab the handsome collection for $10. BL2 has better replay value than BL3 in my opinion and I’ve been missing it since it left gamepass
  • SimmSimm2,106,117
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 02:19
    Not sure why Ubisoft has never put Child of light for 360 on sale. The X1 version is less than $5 but the old 360 version has never dropped price below $15 ever. It's strange because they do put older 360 games on sale, just not this one.
    1 Million Gamerscore achieved Feb 17, 2019.
  • xxDREDDxx78xxDREDDxx78414,497
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 02:21
    always the same promotions
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead706,369
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 02:24
    MushaConvoy said:
    Wow, what a right shit, as someone who bought the "complete" Imperium edition of Martyr, this is really upsetting. They never discount Prophecy, but here stands the new "complete" edition at 85% off.

Way to reward people that never bought your game and squeeze every last penny out of your day one supporters.
    What is the problem here?

Prophecy is normally $20, but you can get it for $10.50. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

If you bought the game full price and never played it, you only have yourself to blame. If you bought the game, played and enjoyed it, then you already got your money’s worth and they don’t owe you anything.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • GuidalityGuidality828,952
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 02:53
    HolyHalfDead said:
    MushaConvoy said:
    Wow, what a right shit, as someone who bought the "complete" Imperium edition of Martyr, this is really upsetting. They never discount Prophecy, but here stands the new "complete" edition at 85% off.

Way to reward people that never bought your game and squeeze every last penny out of your day one supporters.

Prophecy is normally $20, but you can get it for $10.50. Pretty sweet deal if you ask me.

If you bought the game full price and never played it, you only have yourself to blame. If you bought the game, played and enjoyed it, then you already got your money’s worth and they don’t owe you anything.
    I’ve done this so many times and realized that in some cases, I don’t even get around to playing that game until it already goes on sale. We all learn in different ways through different sales or other reasons to be patient and wait for sales rather than buying day 1. Maybe this will be that moment for him. Besides, aren’t rewards for day 1 players just preorder stuff anyhow? Guess we all just gotta determine which holds more value to us in that regard — but I do agree that he got his money’s worth
  • XI AlphaMale IXXI AlphaMale IX1,085,069
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 02:55
    Doesn't look like anything here for me, though I should probably get MK11 soon before there's no one left playing it.
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 03:02, Edited on 07 July 20 at 03:02 by HolyHalfDead
    stebeer85 said:
    Unfortunately, Xbox not very good at Sales, Overpriced games and it won’t change!
    Many $60 games at around $15, or two for $12 for Mass Effect + Dragon Age. There are even games for $3. If that is overpriced, I imagine $1 is the most you are prepared to pay?
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • R3f1CuLR3f1CuL1,111,489
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 03:21
    I brushed off Sinking City last week... If it turns out to not be a misprint I might just say screw it and add it to the backlog. I've seen bits and pieces of playthroughs and while not blown away I figure it's worth $15 now that it's the beginning of the month and I have money...
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 03:28
    Guidality said:
    I’ve done this so many times and realized that in some cases, I don’t even get around to playing that game until it already goes on sale. We all learn in different ways through different sales or other reasons to be patient and wait for sales rather than buying day 1. Maybe this will be that moment for him. Besides, aren’t rewards for day 1 players just preorder stuff anyhow? Guess we all just gotta determine which holds more value to us in that regard — but I do agree that he got his money’s worth
    Call me a slow learner, I still have 360 games I’ve never played.

But now I won’t drop $60 on a game unless I am going play it straight away. AC Odyssey was my last new release purchase. I enjoyed being able to play all the extra content the day it was released. So it doesn’t bother me it is now 75% off.

Recently I got round to playing Andromeda and Shadow of War which I bought in sales a couple of years ago. So I’ve now learned that most things will go on sale again, and at a lower price.
  • Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,063,073
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 03:39, Edited on 07 July 20 at 04:20 by Elite1111111111
    CHAOTIC IZUAL said:
    MushaConvoy said:

Pretty fucking much
    Another kick in the pants is that last month, the "Complete Collection" was on sale for twice this amount (at least for USD). Anyone who jumped on that sale got a raw deal (though not quite as raw as OG buyers).
  • MushaConvoyMushaConvoy1,136,574
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 03:44
    HolyHalfDead said:

I bought the Imperium edition under the false pretense I was getting the game and all its content, which was true at the time. Prophecy was released and not included in the old "complete" edition and the store description was changed to reflect this. Not even a loyalty discount was given, despite PC owners getting as much.

Then the base game went GWG, which was pretty cool. A lot of content available for free, but as with my "complete" edition, Big Ben decided to only discount the game+DLC bundles rather than including the upgrade pack (upgrading the base/GWG version to include all DLC), showing that Gold subscriber benefit is worthless and you get a better discount by not having the subscription.

Now not only do they give a discount to the new "complete" (85%, incl Prophecy) rather than the DLC or upgrade pack.. but they give a bigger discount than the Imperium edition (75%). Its more expensive and includes less content than Complete.

Whats the problem? The problem is the tiniest bit of courtesy and respect, or even some grade school level mathematics from the publisher. Regardless of whether I played the game before now, when a "complete" version is advertised it should be complete, if they decide to change their policy, you remove the old bundle and make a new one but respect those that gave you their money early, instead don't make them feel worthless by keeping their missing content at a premium price. They also shouldn't be listing their discounted Imperium version at a higher price than Complete when it includes substantially less content. I truly pity anyone that buys that thinking their version contains everything given its higher price.

Disgusting business practice is the problem with a complete lack of care for their existing customer base.

It really isn't that much to ask.
  • TubbedTubbed386,156
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 04:05
    I might grab Deployment and Neverout for the easy completion. Baseball Riot I guess as well. And Gunscape and Morphite aswell, gotta support the local devs.

Thank you Microsoft Rewards. Guess I won't be saving for the Elite Series 2 after all.. I was so close too.
  • Posted on 07 July 20 at 04:16, Edited on 07 July 20 at 04:17 by WhySoSeri0usXxX
    Déjà vu sale. facepalm
  • Kyk3 StylesKyk3 Styles545,609
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 04:23
    Nothing for me!facepalm
  • echo3180echo3180345,934
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 06:05
    Bear5 Fan 4Ever said:
    Aerea is an rpg right? For 3 bucks that looks great.
    Heads up, game has been super glitchy for me, especially when playing co-op.
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st655,303
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 06:30, Edited on 07 July 20 at 06:31 by Matodion 1st
    MushaConvoy said:

And this is exactly why I dont buy games as much anymore, loyalty customers get over charged, the season passes are barely reduced while new players get rewarded with lower bundle edition prices and patches. I intend on burning through my backlog before buying a new game. The best deals are for late adopters anyways.
  • The SCHWARTZ 00The SCHWARTZ 001,101,107
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 06:33
    Why would you put Vermintide 2 on sale but not the ultimate edition? angry I wish I would've picked it up when it went on sale back in April. Fugggg.
    Two thangs I hate, liars and thieves, they make my blood boil - Andre Ben, "Wheels Of Steel"
  • Matodion 1stMatodion 1st655,303
    Posted on 07 July 20 at 06:38
    MushaConvoy said:
    HolyHalfDead said:

I bought the Imperium edition under the false pretense I was getting the game and all its content, which was true at the time. Prophecy was released and not included in the old "complete" edition and the store description was changed to reflect this. Not even a loyalty discount was given, despite PC owners getting as much.

Then the base game went GWG, which was pretty cool. A lot of content available for free, but as with my "complete" edition, Big Ben decided to only discount the game+DLC bundles rather than including the upgrade pack (upgrading the base/GWG version to include all DLC), showing that Gold subscriber benefit is worthless and you get a better discount by not having the subscription.

Now not only do they give a discount to the new "complete" (85%, incl Prophecy) rather than the DLC or upgrade pack.. but they give a bigger discount than the Imperium edition (75%). Its more expensive and includes less content than Complete.

Whats the problem? The problem is the tiniest bit of courtesy and respect, or even some grade school level mathematics from the publisher. Regardless of whether I played the game before now, when a "complete" version is advertised it should be complete, if they decide to change their policy, you remove the old bundle and make a new one but respect those that gave you their money early, instead don't make them feel worthless by keeping their missing content at a premium price. They also shouldn't be listing their discounted Imperium version at a higher price than Complete when it includes substantially less content. I truly pity anyone that buys that thinking their version contains everything given its higher price.

Disgusting business practice is the problem with a complete lack of care for their existing customer base.

It really isn't that much to ask.
    toast Good deals only go to late adopters, maybe its time we all use our backlog to advantage by actually completing them before buying another new game, that way we can wait out these greedy publishers and by then the prices would be far lower for us.
  • Posted on 07 July 20 at 07:22
    Elite1111111111 said:
    CHAOTIC IZUAL said:
    MushaConvoy said:

Pretty fucking much
    Another kick in the pants is that last month, the "Complete Collection" was on sale for twice this amount (at least for USD). Anyone who jumped on that sale got a raw deal (though not quite as raw as OG buyers).
    It's always a buyer beware scenario with games as 9/10 times it goes on sale within week purchase haha we never learn 😂
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 07 July 20 at 07:55
    Good moment for sell gwg, game pass and ea accses..
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.