Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: July 7th, 2020

• Matodion 1stMatodion 1st688,403
    Posted on 08 July 20 at 06:37
    HolyHalfDead said:
    MushaConvoy said:
    erod550 said:
    lots of stuff in the post above
    I can appreciate everything you've said, but Big Ben are going out of their way to select what is discounted, you can't tell me they're not. By putting such heavy discounts on the full game for non-Gold members really devalues the Gold offering. It used to be that such discounts were for Gold members but not in this case. Anyone regardless of membership can take advantage.

Continuing to list the outdated Imperium edition and making the decision to discount it less than the Complete edition is the scam, and one they've consciously made. I'm sure anyone that has clicked a fraudulent email or phone call would agree that its not their fault. The simple solution is to remove the outdated bundle from sale and leave only the Complete edition, instead they chose to discount it in the hope that someone would buy it.
    You need to start taking some responsibility for your actions, and don’t feel quite so entitled. Please stop clicking on fraudulent emails, it is most definitely your fault. Do your research before you make your purchase.

The Imperium Edition is normally cheaper. Some people may want to buy that then decide if they will buy the DLC.

Discounting a larger quantity to less than the smaller quantity happens in supermarkets every week. You may not like it when you walk in and see 6 pints of milk costs less than 4 pints of milk (especially if you bought 6 yesterday), but guess what, they sell lots of 6 pints to people who only came in for 4. They even sell milk to people who weren’t going to buy any! It is not fraud. They did not scam you.

Please learn from this, before you buy a house, or even a car.
    But dont you think its unfair to base game buyers to discount a complete bundle and then discount less or straight-out hold out on season pass discounts? To me it seems like they are treating their most loyal base as whales while newcomers get all the treats and frills.
  • Bear5 Fan 4EverBear5 Fan 4Ever2,882,747
    Posted on 08 July 20 at 07:38
    Benyboy007Style said:
    Both Shadow Warrior games are also on sale 7.50/9.99, seems like a good deal. I haven't played them yet but I heard the first was good and the second was descent, but they are also on game pass.
    I think you mean decent but yeah I agree!
    Crackdown 3!
  • erod550erod5501,527,393
    Posted on 08 July 20 at 16:37
    Matodion 1st said:
    But dont you think its unfair to base game buyers to discount a complete bundle and then discount less or straight-out hold out on season pass discounts? To me it seems like they are treating their most loyal base as whales while newcomers get all the treats and frills.
    What difference does it make if they sell the season pass for $10 or if they sell the complete edition for $10. Who cares if there's other stuff included in the bundle that you already own. Either way you still get the DLC you need for a low price. It's like you guys are just looking for stuff to get offended about.
    Posted on 08 July 20 at 20:14, Edited on 09 July 20 at 17:58 by Elite1111111111
    erod550 said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    What difference does it make if they sell the season pass for $10 or if they sell the complete edition for $10. Who cares if there's other stuff included in the bundle that you already own. Either way you still get the DLC you need for a low price. It's like you guys are just looking for stuff to get offended about.
    Its the principle, imagine for example witcher 3 expansion pass sold at £7.99 but the completion edition is 12.99. Firstly it implies that the 100 hours game is only worth 5.99 compared to the 20 hour dlc, by that measure of value, standard edition owners always lose especially those who bought their games at probably £10.99.

Secondly, the exploitation of base game buyers is a real thing because they are the ones who are still potential customers/ whales forced into buying complete bundles to double the sales record of game copies. In other words, its actually done on purpose to an extent that its noticeable for example in the UK marketplace, Dragon age Inquisition GOTY edition has always been discounted as £6.24 while at same time the dlc bundle pack gets discounted to £6.24. Standard game owner are forced to buy a second copy to increase sales records instead of getting the dlc bundle for its value of £2.

There is a lot to be offended about and it starts with value for money.

Mod Edit: Keep it civil.
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead759,710
    Posted on 08 July 20 at 22:31, Edited on 08 July 20 at 23:02 by HolyHalfDead
    Matodion 1st said:
    stuff
    After a year or so the base game has less value than more recently released DLC. So a 50% off bundle is not 50% off the game plus 50% off the DLC. A bundle is buy the DLC and get the base game for almost free. After all no one is going to buy the DLC if they don’t have the game.

They are trying to sell the DLC to people that own the game and those that don’t. That is why you will not see the DLC discounted to the same amount as the bundle. This should come as no surprise as it has been this way for years.

If this offends you, stop buying new release base games.

It would be like you buying a brand new car and losing 40% of it’s value in the first year. Then a year later seeing the dealer selling the same car second hand with a roof rack, and expecting to get a 40% discount on a brand new roof rack.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
    Posted on 09 July 20 at 02:45, Edited on 09 July 20 at 17:58 by Elite1111111111
    Matodion 1st said:
    erod550 said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    Its the principle, imagine for example witcher 3 expansion pass sold at £7.99 but the completion edition is 12.99. Firstly it implies that the 100 hours game is only worth 5.99 compared to the 20 hour dlc, by that measure of value, standard edition owners always lose especially those who bought their games at probably £10.99.

Secondly, the exploitation of base game buyers is a real thing because they are the ones who are still potential customers/ whales forced into buying complete bundles to double the sales record of game copies. In other words, its actually done on purpose to an extent that its noticeable for example in the UK marketplace, Dragon age Inquisition GOTY edition has always been discounted as £6.24 while at same time the dlc bundle pack gets discounted to £6.24. Standard game owner are forced to buy a second copy to increase sales records instead of getting the dlc bundle for its value of £2.

I know the value of money, and of my time, and it's just not worth getting upset enough to complain about any game sale that's $10 or less. You literally just complained about Dragon Age, which you've been able to pick up for peanuts for several years now, charging too much at $6.24. I really can't believe you're saying people are "forced" into buying a complete edition for $6 like that's a ripoff somehow.

• Iggsy81Iggsy81681,781
    Posted on 09 July 20 at 04:53
    I ended up getting Vikings (keen for another diablo game) and Bee Simulator, pretty happy.
    Posted on 09 July 20 at 10:24, Edited on 09 July 20 at 17:59 by Elite1111111111
    erod550 said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    erod550 said:
    Matodion 1st said:

I know the value of money, and of my time, and it's just not worth getting upset enough to complain about any game sale that's $10 or less. You literally just complained about Dragon Age, which you've been able to pick up for peanuts for several years now, charging too much at $6.24. I really can't believe you're saying people are "forced" into buying a complete edition for $6 like that's a ripoff somehow.

Call it peanuts but this is how microtransactions creeped in and sucked the fun out of everything. Sometimes you just have to fight for the little things to keep your rights intact, its simply the principle.

Posted on 09 July 20 at 17:01, Edited on 09 July 20 at 18:00 by Elite1111111111
    Matodion 1st said:
    Also call it peanuts but this is how microtransactions creeped in and sucked the fun out of everything. Sometimes you just have to fight for the little things to keep your rights intact, its simply the principle.

Microtransactions are here to stay because 11 year old kids spend hundreds of dollars on cosmetic bullshit. My nephew and his cousin have literally spent $300+ over the last few years just on lootcrates and skins in Fortnite and COD and Rocket League. And their oblivious parents let them do it, and you're right, it does screw all of us. I understand pushing back against microtransactions, but putting a complete bundle on sale for $10 is not that. There is nothing bad for the consumer about being able to get all the content for a game for $10 in a sale 2 years after the game was released.

• Elite1111111111Elite11111111111,153,691
    Posted on 09 July 20 at 18:02
    If this debate continues, please stay away from the personal attacks. Thank you.
  • PsiScreamPsiScream633,112
    Posted on 09 July 20 at 20:41
    My 2 cents on the 'loyalty' argument is that Publishers are ultimately shooting themselves in the foot, at least where buyers like me are concerned. Having noticed that early supporters are not offered the same deals on expansion packs and DLC, I simply refuse to buy most games when they are newer. Let's look at an example:

Cities: Skylines - Mayor's Edition ;lowest sale price $24.99

= Cities: Skylines ;lowest sale price $9.99
    + Cities: Skylines - Season Pass 1 ;lowest sale price $19.99
    + Cities: Skylines - Season Pass 2 ;lowest sale price $19.99

So the Mayor's edition, which includes everything, is 50% cheaper compared to fans who bought in at the cheapest sale prices along the way. If you bought any of the content new and at full price, your premium is even higher.

Solution? Avoid all Paradox games like the plague until their eventual complete editions come out. This means Surviving Mars, Stellaris, Age of Wonders: Planetfall, the new Surviving: the Aftermath, and any other Paradox console port that does not include the known DLC content.

So, some may argue that these publishers honor their early adopters by screwing them out of cheaper DLC prices down the road in exchange for the privilege of playing the base game sooner, but I heartily disagree, and wonder if perhaps their total profits don't suffer as a result.
  • wolfsburgrazwolfsburgraz898,698
    Posted on 13 July 20 at 02:48
    I'm pretty late into the sale cycle to be asking this, but if anyone comes back I wanted to ask.

Superbeat: Xonic - For someone that hasn't really played rhythm games due to poor reflexes and bad musical rhythm, how playable is this? I've wanted to try stuff like this, Crypt of the Necrodancer and Metronomicom: Slay the Dance Floor but always shy away.

Space Hulk Tactics - I recently started Inquisitor and really like the Warhammer universe I've experienced so far. Is this a decent game? It has middling reviews here. I don't care about the unobtainable achievements as I'll never be a completionist.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads