Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

WWE 2K19's servers for two game modes are closing very soon — grab these achievements now

• Posted on 16 July 20 at 22:43
    2k is worse than EA
  • Posted on 17 July 20 at 06:42
    I can understand the need for online as it needs to update the list, but you can still play it when you are offline, at least for now.

I booted up the console, dummy account signed in, took it offline, and started the game.

Went into MyPLAYER mode, Towers and completed an easy Tower. No achievement unlocked. :/ I know achievements don't unlock if you are offline and they usually unlock when you get back online, so I waited a bit and still nothing.

BUT, it popped when I was idling on the dashboard after quitting out of the game.
    My old signature offended someone, so it got removed.
  • Lobo SamhainLobo Samhain609,944
    Posted on 17 July 20 at 08:49, Edited on 17 July 20 at 08:52 by Lobo Samhain
    I miss the days of peer to peer.
    Online achievements that require servers should not be a thing in games are sports and sports entertainment. I used to buy the WWE games at launch and 100% them every year until I waited too long to attempt the WWE2k16 online achievements because I was so burned out from grinding the 2k15 ones. They lost me as a customer.
    What?
  • Posted on 17 July 20 at 17:39, Edited on 18 July 20 at 21:15 by TheOneTrueGlenn
    Anyone looking to boost this? I've made a session for tomorrow.

Edit: I’m all done now.
    Tell Em' Steve-Dave
  • Seamus McLimeySeamus McLimey1,147,352
    Posted on 19 July 20 at 07:39
    Yummy Baklava said:
    I can understand the need for online as it needs to update the list, but you can still play it when you are offline, at least for now.

I booted up the console, dummy account signed in, took it offline, and started the game.

Went into MyPLAYER mode, Towers and completed an easy Tower. No achievement unlocked. :/ I know achievements don't unlock if you are offline and they usually unlock when you get back online, so I waited a bit and still nothing.

BUT, it popped when I was idling on the dashboard after quitting out of the game.
    It is possible that they could remove the feature from the game. Unlikely, but possible.
  • FTW1884MJFTW1884MJ439,786
    Posted on 19 July 20 at 09:48
    Looking to work on this today (Sunday 7/19) if anyone is available to do so message me Xbox Live GT FTW1884MJ
  • FTW1884MJFTW1884MJ439,786
    Posted on 19 July 20 at 19:04
    Huge shout out to thestephen415 for helping me knock out the 50 wins earlier. Griiiiiiiind... lol
  • Blissed AwayBlissed Away956,922
    Posted on 19 July 20 at 22:22
    thestephen415 said:
    Blissed Away said:
    It's a tactic to push players who play with friends onto the next game. They don't want to run the risk of people hanging around on the previous game and not buying the next one.
    They do this for all the older games, and they're not the first company to do so. There are no tactics involved.
    How is this "old" - something that came out five years ago maybe but not something like this. I was playing Far Cry 3 (360) recently and it was able to connect to the Ubisoft servers. 2K clearly has a tactic (at least with their sports division) and it's to get people moving onto the next game as soon as possible. What better way to do that by removing the online barely a year or two later.

There's always a tactic behind these decisions. If you don't think so then you must not realize running online infrastructure costs money.
  • Posted on 20 July 20 at 11:21
    Blissed Away said:
    thestephen415 said:
    Blissed Away said:
    It's a tactic to push players who play with friends onto the next game. They don't want to run the risk of people hanging around on the previous game and not buying the next one.
    They do this for all the older games, and they're not the first company to do so. There are no tactics involved.
    How is this "old" - something that came out five years ago maybe but not something like this. I was playing Far Cry 3 (360) recently and it was able to connect to the Ubisoft servers. 2K clearly has a tactic (at least with their sports division) and it's to get people moving onto the next game as soon as possible. What better way to do that by removing the online barely a year or two later.

There's always a tactic behind these decisions. If you don't think so then you must not realize running online infrastructure costs money.
    The entire game isn't shutting down, it's only the online modes that are clearly played the least. We all know that everyone will still buy the newer games anyway
  • Posted on 20 July 20 at 11:21
    FTW1884MJ said:
    Huge shout out to thestephen415 for helping me knock out the 50 wins earlier. Griiiiiiiind... lol
    :D
  • tpb fantpb fan412,241
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 01:17
    Big Ell said:
    tpb fan said:
    Big Ell said:
    Yummy Baklava said:
    Ranga Dang Dang said:
    I was under the impression that this was offline, am I wrong?

WWE 2K19One down!The One down! achievement in WWE 2K19 worth 41 pointsMyPLAYER TOWERS: Complete one Tower.
    I was too. I just took the console offline and went back into the mode with limited access. Daily, Weekly and PPV is blank, but there are other towers which can be played. I take it these are 'offline'?

Regardless, there's one called Rising Stars. I just completed it within 20 minutes and unlocked the achievement. Seeing it's the only one you are missing, get on it right away.
    Did you read the tweet above? It says they are going down! Better safe than sorry.
    Seems your the one that didn't read he tested it offline and it works without being concerned to the Server so it doesn't matter if the server goes down
    Well. It’s only 3 matches. Shouldn’t take very long. Not sure why’d bother to mention it wouldn’t be supported anymore if it was going to be fine. I’m more worried about the stupid AJ Tower cheevo.
    Aj tower also works ofline
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads