Game Discussion: The Bard's Tale ARPG : Remastered and Resnarkled

Walkthrough - Console Commands

  • MrIcyDeathMrIcyDeath1,287,296
    Posted on 20 July 20 at 16:05, Edited on 01 September 20 at 17:10 by MrIcyDeath
    The official Walkthrough is now published so please refer to that for this quick completion. Thank Everyone for the positive feedback on this walkthough and hope you enjoyed it!

    The Bard's Tale ARPG : Remastered and Resnarkled Walkthrough
    MrIcyDeath
  • Posted on 20 July 20 at 17:36, Edited on 20 July 20 at 17:37 by Bastian Reader
    Great guide! Game is super easy to follow with console commands. Took me 2-3 hours. Can’t believe the walkthrough team is ignoring a guide because it has console commands, and instead, wants a full walkthrough that takes 15-20 hours. Could have sworn TA members liked the shortest path to an achievement. But Surviving Mars, Fallout 3 PC, and Endless Legends certainly don’t exist.
  • Itzz Sh0wt1m3Itzz Sh0wt1m31,154,079
    Posted on 20 July 20 at 18:45
    Thanks for this! Will try it out soon
  • Dang3R GamingDang3R Gaming1,235,784
    Posted on 20 July 20 at 18:51
    Bastian Reader said:
    Great guide! Game is super easy to follow with console commands. Took me 2-3 hours. Can’t believe the walkthrough team is ignoring a guide because it has console commands, and instead, wants a full walkthrough that takes 15-20 hours. Could have sworn TA members liked the shortest path to an achievement. But Surviving Mars, Fallout 3 PC, and Endless Legends certainly don’t exist.
    We aren’t ignoring it for that reason actually. I told the writer when I said we’d discuss it first that actually his was the 2nd app that we had for the game. It was actually a first come first serve basis that he wasn’t given the walkthrough, so please don’t make assumptions about why we denied the app without all of the details.
  • TangerineGamerTangerineGamer1,312,702
    Posted on 20 July 20 at 23:21
    Nice find, thanks for sharing as well.
    Anyone tried activating God Mode etc. on the other Bard's Tale games in the same way yet?
  • vinnykun0vinnykun0183,680
    Posted on 20 July 20 at 23:53, Edited on 20 July 20 at 23:54 by vinnykun0
    How to do this on PC version?

    Btw, nice guide
  • MrIcyDeathMrIcyDeath1,287,296
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 00:00, Edited on 21 July 20 at 00:17 by MrIcyDeath
    Just tried to do the commands on the PC version with no luck. I tried with the keyboard and with a controller plugged in.

    Might be different commands than the xbox or not implemented. If anyone can get them to work let me know and ill update the guide.

    P.S. I do not own a Nintendo Switch so can not try commands on that console.
    MrIcyDeath
  • vinnykun0vinnykun0183,680
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 00:49
    MrIcyDeath said:
    Just tried to do the commands on the PC version with no luck. I tried with the keyboard and with a controller plugged in.

    Might be different commands than the xbox or not implemented. If anyone can get them to work let me know and ill update the guide.

    P.S. I do not own a Nintendo Switch so can not try commands on that console.
    I was able to do it on the PC using the controller, but the teleport commands don't work.
  • dakisbacdakisbac768,845
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 01:03
    Damn, wish I read this before I trying on the PC. The cheats work, but wasn't able to get the debug menu open
  • Posted on 21 July 20 at 11:05
    is anyone going to make a video guide for this I would love to followdance
  • Death and GloryDeath and Glory1,752,879
    Posted on 22 July 20 at 00:25
    I've been able to access the debug menu by holding Right on the dpad as I exit the weapon select. Works on PC just fine. I think you need to put the All Levels cheat in though.
  • PSYCO ALEMONPSYCO ALEMON1,012,054
    Posted on 22 July 20 at 05:23
    PeachCloud87115 said:
    is anyone going to make a video guide for this I would love to followdance
    Me too
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,504,620
    Posted on 22 July 20 at 08:46
    I'm kinda working on an achievehunt for it, at PeachCloud's request.
    Having issues getting the merchant dude at the start to spawn though.
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,504,620
    Posted on 22 July 20 at 10:37
    Move THIS paragraph:

    Teleport to Ho_Jail and kill the enemies. You need to open the jail cell by flicking the correct switches. Since we already captured Ketill he should be walking around with us and not locked up. When you click on a switch only listen to Ketill, he should be the first to talk too. If he says press that switch do so until you press 5 correct in a row. Once the cell opens teleport to Ho_Forest2D and walk to the quest icon. Talk with Bannafeet to get the Heroine Song (Heroine Tune).


    to directly after this paragraph:

    Now let us start picking up the pace. Teleport to NE_Int1 where you will receive (Chapter I). Kill Ketill then loot all his chests, you will receive the Crone song (Crone Tune), and the Eagle Charm Token 2/20. Exit the hideout and travel east killing anything along the way until you reach a boy and a Trow. Keep walking past them and get a cutscene and finish of all the enemies. Loot the poor boy Ogan and get ready to tell his mum the bad news. Walk back towards the hideout and head south and kill the trow before looting the chest and receiving Badger Hide Gloves Token 3/20.

    This avoids the game glitching, and Ketill permanently disappearing leaving the cell room a glitched mess with you unable to proceed. This happened to me. Please adjust accordingly.
  • MrIcyDeathMrIcyDeath1,287,296
    Posted on 22 July 20 at 10:59
    Dwaggienite said:
    Move THIS paragraph:

    Teleport to Ho_Jail and kill the enemies. You need to open the jail cell by flicking the correct switches. Since we already captured Ketill he should be walking around with us and not locked up. When you click on a switch only listen to Ketill, he should be the first to talk too. If he says press that switch do so until you press 5 correct in a row. Once the cell opens teleport to Ho_Forest2D and walk to the quest icon. Talk with Bannafeet to get the Heroine Song (Heroine Tune).


    to directly after this paragraph:

    Now let us start picking up the pace. Teleport to NE_Int1 where you will receive (Chapter I). Kill Ketill then loot all his chests, you will receive the Crone song (Crone Tune), and the Eagle Charm Token 2/20. Exit the hideout and travel east killing anything along the way until you reach a boy and a Trow. Keep walking past them and get a cutscene and finish of all the enemies. Loot the poor boy Ogan and get ready to tell his mum the bad news. Walk back towards the hideout and head south and kill the trow before looting the chest and receiving Badger Hide Gloves Token 3/20.

    This avoids the game glitching, and Ketill permanently disappearing leaving the cell room a glitched mess with you unable to proceed. This happened to me. Please adjust accordingly.
    Changed this in the walkthough, did not happen to me or my tester but this order doesn't hurt so better safe than sorry.
    MrIcyDeath
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,504,620
    Posted on 22 July 20 at 11:08
    Thank you for the walktrhoguh, either way :)
  • MrIcyDeathMrIcyDeath1,287,296
    Posted on 22 July 20 at 11:47
    I do not plan to, I do have a lot of pictures that were going to be included. Just don't know how to share them on a forum.
    MrIcyDeath
  • DwaggieniteDwaggienite2,504,620
    Posted on 22 July 20 at 15:50
    I was going to do a video guide but because of the glitch that I metnioned earlier with the disappearing prisoner, I've given up on the video because it would have been me just restarting agian.
  • andreluigoandreluigo208,877
    Posted on 24 July 20 at 00:04
    How to teleport to anywhere? This isn't mentioned and the ALL LEVELS cheat just return ON/OFF and nothing happens!
  • fireizfireiz570,595
    Posted on 24 July 20 at 08:35
    Thank u, easy and fun completion
    Have no fear, Amjad is here
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.