The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: July 21st, 2020

• DaOverUnderDaOverUnder1,336,190
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 03:25
    Killface8800 said:
    Would anyone know why Tyler: Model 005 is supposedly a 4 to 5 hour completion, yet has nearly a 2.0 TA ratio set of achievements?
    Looking at the achievement distrubution it seems its because almost everyone popped the first achievement then out it down.

There's no middle ground, either people completed it, or thought it was shit and stopped playing it. As is usually the case for these games.
  • Posted on 21 July 20 at 03:32
    Vanstrom336 said:
    I want to give The Surge a shot. I can't get into Dark Souls and I know it's a Souls-like game. However, I've played other Souls-like games and really enjoyed them (Code Vein, Fallen Order, Darksiders 3). Is The Surge more forgiving than a Dark Souls game?
    Some enemies can jank you with stun lock combos till you die. It can be a bit more forgiving but still has its shit moments. Also if you ever played remnant from the ashes they are multiple ways to take a boss down which will affect achievements and weapons that will drop from them.
  • Paw McCatneyPaw McCatney745,437
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 03:39
    DaOverUnder said:
    Killface8800 said:
    Would anyone know why Tyler: Model 005 is supposedly a 4 to 5 hour completion, yet has nearly a 2.0 TA ratio set of achievements?
    Looking at the achievement distrubution it seems its because almost everyone popped the first achievement then out it down.

There's no middle ground, either people completed it, or thought it was shit and stopped playing it. As is usually the case for these games.
    Also there's a few achievements (the ones for equipping cards) that are based on having certain items equipped all at once, and the item locations in the game are randomized, from what I've read.
    Hey, you! Pipe down!
  • SeitzzSeitzz988,983
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 03:43
    Nothing on this list. Are we due for a larger sale anytime soon? Maybe an end of summer sale in a month's time?
  • Vanstrom336Vanstrom336715,637
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 03:59
    CHAOTIC IZUAL said:
    Some enemies can jank you with stun lock combos till you die. It can be a bit more forgiving but still has its shit moments. Also if you ever played remnant from the ashes they are multiple ways to take a boss down which will affect achievements and weapons that will drop from them.
    I think that mechanic is really cool and adds replay value to the game (assuming I like it). Currently working my way through Remnant right now which has its moments but has mostly been pretty frustrating due to nearly every boss constantly spawning enemies.
  • zDrUnKeNMoNkEyzzDrUnKeNMoNkEyz1,087,897
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 04:29
    Schinderdiv said:
    Might add Spaceland and The Mummy Demastered to my collection.
    Ive been wanting the mummy demastered for so damn long, it just seems so damn overpriced all the time.
    Matthew
  • HOLY SHMUCKHOLY SHMUCK256,475
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 04:47, Edited on 21 July 20 at 04:50 by HOLY SHMUCK
    With AT&T trying to sell off Warner Bros.' gaming division , I would highly recommend getting the Lego games now in case they do get a buyer. Some (or all) of the Lego games could be delisted when that day comes depending on what licenses and usage rights transfer after the sell. I imagine they are discounting the games heavily nowadays to squeeze in as much revenue from them as possible before the (eventual) sell.
    *edit- same with the Lord of the rings games.
  • MF DracoMF Draco807,896
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 05:00
    Mysterio400 said:
    Just to check, Hitman 2 Gold Edition will get me everything that is needed for this game, correct?
    No, you still need Hitman 1 gold edition to be able to play Hitman's 2 legacy DLC which can't be bought via store.
  • Posted on 21 July 20 at 05:06
    HOLY SHMUCK said:
    With AT&T trying to sell off Warner Bros.' gaming division , I would highly recommend getting the Lego games now in case they do get a buyer. Some (or all) of the Lego games could be delisted when that day comes depending on what licenses and usage rights transfer after the sell. I imagine they are discounting the games heavily nowadays to squeeze in as much revenue from them as possible before the (eventual) sell.
    *edit- same with the Lord of the rings games.
    I didn't know about that. Good thing I own all of these on disc.
  • SuperPed13SuperPed13510,156
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 06:08
    ST3ALTH EMPER0R said:
    Lego marvel collection for £12.49? Jesus that's extremely cheap for 3 lego games :s
    From experience buy it before they realise its a mistake and correct the price.

(Remember getting all resi games for £16 once instead of £60)
  • BasileusBasileus243,462
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 06:13
    Ninjaskk12 said:
    Should I get Batman Collection for that price, or do y'all think it could get lower soonish?
    It was a bit cheaper in may, only € 19,79.
  • Posted on 21 July 20 at 06:45, Edited on 21 July 20 at 06:58 by UnfurledEmu75
    Theres a lot of prices increasing over sales... first time I see that. Lego batman gold was 16€ previously, now it's 20€. Same thing with other batmans, van helsing... I'm sure there's a lot more
  • Posted on 21 July 20 at 07:03
    I'm glad to see the Baldur's Gate and Planescape ports finally being discounted but I still can't justify paying that price for 20 something year old games that I've already played before. If either of them drop to $15, I may consider pulling the trigger.
  • vegansoundvegansound799,975
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 07:23
    For months now I don't even spend more than 1 minute to check the sales list. I see that's always the same titles, at the same discounts, and TA not willing to improve their site by allowing to hide 'not interested in' games, I won't check line by line what's interesting or not.

Looks like the Summer Sales won't show this year, or they are very late compared to previous years:

Xbox Summer Sale 2019: July 16 - July 29
    Xbox Summer Sale 2018: July 19 - July 30
    Xbox Summer Sale 2017: June 30 - July 10
    Xbox Summer Sale 2016: July 5 - July 11
  • LordVespucciLordVespucci205,345
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 07:28, Edited on 21 July 20 at 07:33 by LordVespucci
    mkdfan said:
    Microsoft rewards has a thing saying “Spend £40 in the summer spotlight sale and get 5000 reward points.”
    The sale must be imminent!
    Has it started already? Here's the page it redirects to from the Rewards Dashboard: https://www.xbox.com/promotions/sales/summer-spotlight

It says "Winter Spotlight" here, but I don't know if it's because I'm on the southern hemisphere or it's not updated yet.

From what I gathered, it might go all the way to August 31 (the date the Reward thing expires), and with different games from time to time. It also appears to be new 'cause "SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE" is there (and it's said to be on sale for 3 days)

This is weird, is there something I missed?
  • Sensei NeoSensei Neo1,278,181
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 07:38
    Boring
  • YaziteYazite405,724
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 07:44
    Seriously Hitman 2 may aswell be permanently discounted at this point. It's on sale all the time.
    Wake me, when you need me.
  • GepardsGepards109,148
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 08:14
    UnfurledEmu75 said:
    Theres a lot of prices increasing over sales... first time I see that. Lego batman gold was 16€ previously, now it's 20€. Same thing with other batmans, van helsing... I'm sure there's a lot more
    that's why don't expect much from MICROSOFT s[t]ales
    Thanks, guys!
  • BasileusBasileus243,462
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 08:16
    ScarfaceRemedy said:
    mkdfan said:
    Microsoft rewards has a thing saying “Spend £40 in the summer spotlight sale and get 5000 reward points.”
    Has it started already? Here's the page it redirects to from the Rewards Dashboard: https://www.xbox.com/promotions/sales/summer-spotlight

It says "Winter Spotlight" here, but I don't know if it's because I'm on the southern hemisphere or it's not updated yet.

From what I gathered, it might go all the way to August 31 (the date the Reward thing expires), and with different games from time to time. It also appears to be new 'cause "SUPERHOT: MIND CONTROL DELETE" is there (and it's said to be on sale for 3 days)

Here on the northern hemispehere I see Summer Spotlight, but only 19 games, all which are more or less boring.
    Perhaps the new Superhot is interesting which comes with a 40% discount.
  • Posted on 21 July 20 at 08:22
    ScarfaceRemedy said:
    mkdfan said:

Yeah summer spotlight isn't the big summer sale before everyone starts getting excited.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.