Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Updated: last week of the Xbox Summer Spotlight showcase

• Posted on 18 August 20 at 06:09
    probably gonna get samurai jack and something else, anyone have any recommendations around the 10 dollar mark i was thinking of picking up rainswept
    A23
  • Posted on 18 August 20 at 11:00
    Goggs25 said:
    So why Do they listed it as a game that counts towards the offer.

So far I have bought destroy all humans which has counted and Family mysteries that has not counted both where purchased when games where in the offer and family mysteries has not counted.

The summer spotlight is a con they put free games and pre order games in the sale and they have not told us that pre orders only count if game is released during August so far no the of the pre order games they added are out this month.

Microsoft are nothing more then lying fucking scumbags.
    Except it is, and has been, listed on the Summer Spotlight Punch Card page, within MS Rewards, from the get go. ¯\_ (ツ)_/¯

"Now through August 31, 2020, earn 5,000 points when you spend $50 on games and movies featured in the Summer Spotlight in the Microsoft Store. Only eligible for Xbox One titles. Xbox 360 titles will not count towards completion of this offer. Valid for digital purchases only from Microsoft Store on Xbox, on Windows, or online. (Pre-order games must launch by August 31 to be eligible for offer. Free to Play DLC purchases do not count towards completion.) Claim your points by clicking on punch two once you have completed punch one. Limit one per person/account."
  • Posted on 19 August 20 at 11:23
    Maybe for future similar articles the layout could be improved slightly? Maybe use the sales table widgets so we can see prices and have a click to buy button (and TA Ratio?). Also, when the article is updated, separate out what has changed so it's clearer.
  • RimOfUranusRimOfUranus453,019
    Posted on 19 August 20 at 11:38
    Not sure if asked but do we get the giftcard at end of august?
  • KrazieKrazie1,861,401
    Posted on 19 August 20 at 11:52
    RimOfUranus said:
    They'll message it to you on Xbox by mid-September.
  • Posted on 19 August 20 at 12:13
    Kingdoms of Amalur: Re-Reckoning $39.99. Lol no. How about 20$ and I will think about it. A game so mediocre, it shut the dev down.
    Cool story bro.
  • DmCTHREE6DmCTHREE6324,131
    Posted on 19 August 20 at 12:19
    Krazie said:
    RimOfUranus said:
    They'll message it to you on Xbox by mid-September.
    Yep, still waiting on that gift card lol
  • Posted on 19 August 20 at 13:32
    Mine didn't count. I pre-ordered Destroy All Humans. Pre-ordered on 28th. Didn't count. Have something in with Microsoft Support.
  • Posted on 19 August 20 at 14:24, Edited on 19 August 20 at 14:24 by Lost in Limbo
    DURDENS WRATH said:
    Mine didn't count. I pre-ordered Destroy All Humans. Pre-ordered on 28th. Didn't count. Have something in with Microsoft Support.
    There's some dodgy goings on with this for sure, my 2yo accidentally pre-ordered Destroy All Humans, I got in touch for a refund which I got no more than an hour later! Still counts, only need another 6 quid now. Result!
  • Posted on 19 August 20 at 14:51
    Yeah, I never got credited for Destroy All Humans cry
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm428,077
    Posted on 19 August 20 at 21:12
    Lost in Limbo said:
    There's some dodgy goings on with this for sure, my 2yo accidentally pre-ordered Destroy All Humans, I got in touch for a refund which I got no more than an hour later! Still counts, only need another 6 quid now. Result!
    Sounds like a job for your 2yo. laugh
  • Posted on 20 August 20 at 02:34, Edited on 20 August 20 at 02:35 by RegnumSolipsi
    Pretty crappy. Pre-ordered XIII for $49.99 since I was already planning on getting it anyway, but because there was no sales tax, it only counted as $49/$50. Literally nothing else in this list worth purchasing for a $1 justification. Ended up just snagging Prehistoric Dude for $4 just to get my $10 giftcard and 5000 points. At least I still get some kind of bonus, but would've been nice if they had included some cosmetic DLC or something I could've picked up cheap just to top it off...
  • Posted on 20 August 20 at 06:42
    RegnumSolipsi said:
    Pretty crappy. Pre-ordered XIII for $49.99 since I was already planning on getting it anyway, but because there was no sales tax, it only counted as $49/$50. Literally nothing else in this list worth purchasing for a $1 justification. Ended up just snagging Prehistoric Dude for $4 just to get my $10 giftcard and 5000 points. At least I still get some kind of bonus, but would've been nice if they had included some cosmetic DLC or something I could've picked up cheap just to top it off...
    Why not get that point and click adventure game?
  • misfit119misfit119968,601
    Posted on 23 August 20 at 23:38, Edited on 23 August 20 at 23:38 by misfit119
    el pieablo said:
    I can confirm that family mysteries does not count. I've been back and forward with support and despite me included pics of the game was still refused credit. I did however get a list if the games that will count from them. I can share if anyon3 interested
    Please do. This is driving me crazy. There's games on the Xbox "that count" but aren't on the website and vice versa. My purchase of Mechanicus didn't count towards the $50 spent but did towards the 5,000 points reward... somehow.

GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    A game so mediocre, it shut the dev down.
    That's so laughably wrong and ignorant I don't even know where to start.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Posted on 24 August 20 at 03:41
    misfit119 said:
    el pieablo said:
    I can confirm that family mysteries does not count. I've been back and forward with support and despite me included pics of the game was still refused credit. I did however get a list if the games that will count from them. I can share if anyon3 interested
    Please do. This is driving me crazy. There's games on the Xbox "that count" but aren't on the website and vice versa. My purchase of Mechanicus didn't count towards the $50 spent but did towards the 5,000 points reward... somehow.

GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    A game so mediocre, it shut the dev down.
    That's so laughably wrong and ignorant I don't even know where to start.
    https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-05-24-38-studios...

" Lincoln Chafee, calling the game "a failure" caused a publisher to pull out of a $35 million deal that could have paid for a sequel.[63] "

"the accomplished but bland fantasy role-playing game from 2012."

So which part is ignorant. The company being shut down, or the game being mediocre.
    Cool story bro.
  • Posted on 24 August 20 at 03:44
    I bought the rogue company ultimate edition and it didn’t complete the punch card for me. I’m kinda a lil pissed bout that. I figured for sure that would have completed the card.
  • misfit119misfit119968,601
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 01:39, Edited on 26 August 20 at 01:40 by misfit119
    GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    " Lincoln Chafee, calling the game "a failure" caused a publisher to pull out of a $35 million deal that could have paid for a sequel.[63] "

"the accomplished but bland fantasy role-playing game from 2012."

So which part is ignorant. The company being shut down, or the game being mediocre.
    I'm never going to call your taste in games ignorant so it's about why the company got shut down.

That $35 million dollar deal would never have paid for a sequel. 38 Studios was still in debt to the state of Rhode Island for $28 million dollars after the debacle ended. The whole adventure was doomed to collapse on itself the minute that they took the loan. KoA wasn't even the game they cared about, it was all about Copernicus and KoA was just a means of getting some money to keep the studio afloat. But it was never even gonna succeed in that regard.

That ass crack Chaffee called it a "failure" because it needed to sell 3 million copies to be profitable which was never going to happen. If any new IP, with a new studio behind it, sold the 1.2 million reported copies that KoA did it would have been hailed as a massive success. For example reported numbers for Pillars of Eternity, a brand new IP from a well known developer of RPG titles (Obsidian) has around 700,000 reported sales. Probably more since that was 2016 but I doubt the console releases really shot the numbers up that much.

Point is that regardless of quality Kingdoms of Amalur was dead on arrival. 38 Studios was dead long before it even released. Everybody was being kept in the dark as to how dire the situation was. It's why the SEC went after a bunch of loan companies in the aftermath.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • KJer25KJer25681,854
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 12:33
    Yeah, I’ve spent well over $100 and it doesn’t update the app. 5000 points is a decent amount to not be credited.
  • RallyForLifeRallyForLife160,808
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 12:34
    I like moto GP and F1 :(
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.