Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Updated: last week of the Xbox Summer Spotlight showcase

• Mike PitchMike Pitch824,842
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 13:33
    Would be nice to clearly see what was added to the list in the update. Now, I have to parse through again.
  • Posted on 26 August 20 at 13:52
    Mike Pitch said:
    Would be nice to clearly see what was added to the list in the update. Now, I have to parse through again.
    Exactly my thoughts
  • Achilles8249Achilles8249634,946
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 14:10
    For me its just easier to look on my xbox anymore.
  • Posted on 26 August 20 at 14:14
    Numerous games listed that aren't discounted... how can it be part of a summer spotlight sale, if it's not discounted?
  • allstar738allstar738338,501
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 14:45
    British Legends said:
    Numerous games listed that aren't discounted... how can it be part of a summer spotlight sale, if it's not discounted?
    Because it's not a sale. It's a promotion to highlight new games. Someone at TA probably got confused with all the other sales going on.
  • Posted on 26 August 20 at 15:47
    Achilles8249 said:
    For me its just easier to look on my xbox anymore.
    Except this is completely gone from my dashboard. It hasn't been there for about a week now, it's as if they gave up on it. Sucks for developers that added their games last.
  • CabralCabral256,097
    Posted on 26 August 20 at 17:09
    KJer25 said:
    Yeah, I’ve spent well over $100 and it doesn’t update the app. 5000 points is a decent amount to not be credited.
    I've also spent over $150 and not had the credit. I contacted MS Support and apparently they are looking into it? I agree as an Ultimate Subscriber this is disappointing as this would be double for me...
  • el pieabloel pieablo378,892
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 00:19
    misfit119 said:
    el pieablo said:
    I can confirm that family mysteries does not count. I've been back and forward with support and despite me included pics of the game was still refused credit. I did however get a list if the games that will count from them. I can share if anyon3 interested
    Please do. This is driving me crazy. There's games on the Xbox "that count" but aren't on the website and vice versa. My purchase of Mechanicus didn't count towards the $50 spent but did towards the 5,000 points reward... somehow.

GR34TD3STR0Y3R said:
    A game so mediocre, it shut the dev down.
    That's so laughably wrong and ignorant I don't even know where to start.
    https://www.xbox.com/en-gb/promotions/sales/summer-spotlight

This came from Xbox support and is all the games included in promotion. I've only managed to have one counted, Rainswept.
    How appropriate you fight like a cow.
  • DavidDavid243,794
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 08:08
    I've spent the €45 needed so hopefully it will deposit those juicy points soon.
  • misfit119misfit119968,601
    Posted on 27 August 20 at 22:26
    el pieablo said:
    This came from Xbox support and is all the games included in promotion. I've only managed to have one counted, Rainswept.
    Thanks for the link, hadn't seen that page. Xbox support said something about having to buy it from the website but provided no links so maybe this will work.
    Looking to boost any MP achievements I don't have for any game I own.
  • Posted on 28 August 20 at 16:54
    Bit late but does anyone know if Films count towards getting the punchcard and gift card?
  • Posted on 30 August 20 at 03:07, Edited on 05 September 20 at 16:00 by Mike Marcelais
    I bought Swim Out to finish off my punch card (I was $1 short) and it did not count. I had to buy Hero and Garden.

So for me, Merchant of the Skies, Nicole, Liege Dragon, and a Hero and a Garden counted for me, while Swim Out and Family Mysteries did not count.
  • El Moono 360El Moono 360456,607
    Posted on 05 September 20 at 10:09
    Anyone got the gift money yet??
  • Posted on 05 September 20 at 16:02
    I think the fine print said you get your gift card on Sept 15th.
  • scotwolf2scotwolf21,165,283
    Posted on 06 September 20 at 22:36
    Got my £10 deposited last night.

Still annoyed i had to spend more than needed.
  • Proud AzraelProud Azrael196,503
    Posted on 16 September 20 at 15:08, Edited on 16 September 20 at 15:10 by Proud Azrael
    I haven't had mine yet, anyone else missing theirs?

Edit: I have contacted MS Rewards team and they closed my ticket without a response.
    How now, ground cow?
  • jedd 95jedd 95312,334
    Posted on 17 September 20 at 10:55
    I spent £50 and got the reward points but not the gift card. Its past the deadline date too, so anyone in the same boat? I took a screenshot of completed punchcard but I'm unable to post a query to MS Rewards support; every time I fill it in and press send I just get 'something went wrong'... Fingers crossed we all get what we paid for!
    Clarity Through Perception - CTP - jedd 95
  • Posted on 17 September 20 at 22:36
    jedd 95 said:
    I spent £50 and got the reward points but not the gift card. Its past the deadline date too, so anyone in the same boat? I took a screenshot of completed punchcard but I'm unable to post a query to MS Rewards support; every time I fill it in and press send I just get 'something went wrong'... Fingers crossed we all get what we paid for!
    Yeah, was in contact with Xbox Rewards and they pretty much denied all mention of the gift card, passed me on to Xbox Support who have so far ignored me, but they wont have a clue anyway. Looks like we've been duped in honesty.
  • Posted on 18 September 20 at 01:23
    I have not received my gift card yet either. I verified that I met all the requirements-I also had to buy extra just to meet the requirements. I hope everyone hears something soon
  • XEN610XEN610360,672
    Posted on 18 September 20 at 20:10
    I got a message from Microsoft, which included a code for $10 earlier this week.
    My signature goes here...
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.