Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Updated: last week of the Xbox Summer Spotlight showcase

• R3f1CuLR3f1CuL1,111,564
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 16:49
    I mean Carrion looks really cool and I've always had a soft spot for Destroy All Humans, but I doubt those will come up to the total :/ Oh well, guess I'll just wait for them to go on sale and end up saving more in the long run anyhow lol
  • GraymawrGraymawr296,935
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 16:49
    Too bad I already pre-ordered Tannenberg before all of this!
  • Sol76Sol761,131,510
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 16:55
    The Wet Chef said:
    Valid in the United States (including Puerto Rico), Canada, United Kingdom, Ireland, France, Germany, Italy, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico, and Brazil.
    Thanks !
    Saves me some frustration after buying some and wondering why I got no refund / voucher.
    Would be nice to add that in the news item.
  • LavindatharLavindathar1,965,206
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 17:00
    Desperados is impo the best game released this year.

Annoyingly, I got it day one so I won’t get the credit. Nevermind, was so worth a day one purchase.
  • SunkenStyxSunkenStyx992,270
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 17:03
    Does anyone know if pre-ordering Destroy all Humans will count towards the total? It's not listed within the Summer Spotlight on the Xbox store, so should I just wait until it is to make sure it counts?
  • BlackxRyanBlackxRyan963,999
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 17:05
    No thanks
  • Vanstrom336Vanstrom336906,324
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 17:11
    I'm confused, is this separate from the "big Summer July sale" everyone always goes on about in the weekly deals section?
  • Posted on 21 July 20 at 17:15
    Vanstrom336 said:
    I'm confused, is this separate from the "big Summer July sale" everyone always goes on about in the weekly deals section?
    I hope not because it's a shit and small selection tbh haha. Summer sale should be coming on this month orso right?! Maybe when the xbox 2020 stream on Thursday has happened🤷🏻😅
    Boosting achieves/games on my to-do/boost-request list. Interested? Send me a PM on TA/XBL!
  • HolyHalfDeadHolyHalfDead706,298
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 17:55, Edited on 21 July 20 at 17:57 by HolyHalfDead
    Or $75 in the “Winter Spotlight Sale” (their words not mine). But I didn’t see any mention of gift cards.
    He's not a man. He's the holy Half-Dead who has seen the Underverse and returned with powers you can't imagine.
  • SchinderdivSchinderdiv810,672
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 17:59
    HolyHalfDead said:
    But I didn’t see any mention of gift cards.
    I didn't either, when I looked on my browser it only mentioned 5,000 rewards points. I tried clicking around but found no mention of a gift card.
    If you have to ask, you're streets behind.
  • iTz Canada EhhiTz Canada Ehh1,188,016
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 18:52
    Nice! Was looking to pick up Spongebob and Destroy All Humans anyways, so I'll happily take the rewards that come with it!
  • WiznyattWiznyatt1,571,227
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 18:59
    $5.00 back after spending $50 just doesn't seem like enough of an incentive. I like the regular sales as there can be some deep discounts but I suppose if you were already looking to pay full retail for any of these titles you'll get something back.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 21 July 20 at 19:20
    Looking forward to Samurai Jack: Battle Through Time
  • Master PantzMaster Pantz319,116
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 20:08
    Got a ways to go. Lets see if any go on sale during that time.
  • dlCHIEF58dlCHIEF58512,658
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 20:14
    Wiznyatt said:
    $5.00 back after spending $50 just doesn't seem like enough of an incentive. I like the regular sales as there can be some deep discounts but I suppose if you were already looking to pay full retail for any of these titles you'll get something back.
    it is more than just that - you are forgetting the additional $5 gift card ($10 if you have Game Pass Ultimate) so that brings it up to $15. Then there is the reward where you get a percentage back from purchases through Microsoft Rewards, which is about another $5. So that equals up to around $20 back from a $50 purchase - a 40% savings! and on new releases no mention!
  • vegansoundvegansound1,068,928
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 20:29
    It sucks. I hope the event is not what comes INSTEAD of the Summer Sale! Too expensive, and the coupon we 'win' is ridiculous. 'Buy a lot to get a few for free!'........

I thought 'Max and the Book of Chaos' was the sequel of 'Max: The Curse of Brotherhood'. What a deception when I watch some gameplay of the recent game..............

Nothing for me, either it's shit, either it's too expensive. Or both...
  • FailedSeppukuFailedSeppuku1,610,851
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 20:43
    cool i bought superhot today, glad i waited the extra day. dunno wether I'll spend another £28 for the bonus however.
  • DxHaReaDxHaRea33,701
    Posted on 21 July 20 at 20:59
    does this only count for the us? Not sure, so just asking..
  • Posted on 21 July 20 at 21:18
    Don't see anything in that list that I want or that even interests me. Hopefully they add more games later. But so far it looks like yet another sale that i'll be passing on.
  • Posted on 21 July 20 at 21:25
    I forgot that they were making a Samurai Jack game!
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.