New member here, love this site!
    Great! Welcome aboard! wave
  • Fatal Force XXFatal Force XX1,625,730
    Posted on 24 July 20 at 18:45
    great....
  • Throni360Throni3602,545,667
    Posted on 24 July 20 at 18:50
    JohnnyInterfnk said:
    I was shocked at how many people out there were bashing the show, given that I though it was just as good (and in some ways better) than the PS5 reveal.
    The PS5 reveal set the bar very low and Microsoft decided to play limbo. They didn't show the power of the X, only the diversity of their line-up which is story focused Life is Strange tier shit. I want games with gameplay, not artsy story driven cinematic experience from hack writers who failed in Hollywood and pursued gaming. Who wants an open world Halo that targets the Anthem/Destiny audience? Or the other dozen of games that come out in a few years? The SeX launches at the end of the year and has no games that show the power of the X. No Forza, last gen graphics Halo and a bunch of AA crap that shouldn't have taken up so much time of the showcase.

Who saw that show and thought "Damn, I need a SeX?". All the games can run on the One. It was a joke. Especially after Phil said he feels confident after the PS5 reveal, the good relationship with jap. devs, his tweet about the SeX feeling like the change from 2D to 3D and his 2014 tweet with "bringing more than hype, bringing games". Don messed up the One reveal and Phil is not better. DQ11 was the highlight alongside Wonderworld and both were in the preshow. Greenberg and insiders like klobrille hyped up the event like no other and it was a massive failure.
  • triplepowtriplepow228,949
    Posted on 24 July 20 at 18:52
    Is podcast going to be on the podcast feed?
    Not trying is the same as failing!
  • TheOnlyMattoTheOnlyMatto3,467,421
    Posted on 24 July 20 at 18:52
    Haskog said:
    New member here, love this site!
    toast cheers my noobish brother
    See you in Valhalla
  • GameplatoGameplato175,634
    Posted on 24 July 20 at 19:01
    The Good, the Bad, the Brute Ugly. Great podcast, keep it coming.
    — Gameplato
  • Posted on 24 July 20 at 19:38
    Throni360 said:
    JohnnyInterfnk said:
    I was shocked at how many people out there were bashing the show, given that I though it was just as good (and in some ways better) than the PS5 reveal.
    The PS5 reveal set the bar very low and Microsoft decided to play limbo. They didn't show the power of the X, only the diversity of their line-up which is story focused Life is Strange tier shit. I want games with gameplay, not artsy story driven cinematic experience from hack writers who failed in Hollywood and pursued gaming. Who wants an open world Halo that targets the Anthem/Destiny audience? Or the other dozen of games that come out in a few years? The SeX launches at the end of the year and has no games that show the power of the X. No Forza, last gen graphics Halo and a bunch of AA crap that shouldn't have taken up so much time of the showcase.

Who saw that show and thought "Damn, I need a SeX?". All the games can run on the One. It was a joke. Especially after Phil said he feels confident after the PS5 reveal, the good relationship with jap. devs, his tweet about the SeX feeling like the change from 2D to 3D and his 2014 tweet with "bringing more than hype, bringing games". Don messed up the One reveal and Phil is not better. DQ11 was the highlight alongside Wonderworld and both were in the preshow. Greenberg and insiders like klobrille hyped up the event like no other and it was a massive failure.
    But it's not a massive upgrade comparatively. I don't think the term "next gen" really matters as much anymore. This reveal was the opposite of the one, where that time they mixed messages and dropped the ball with all kinds of things. This was relatively consistent, non-pitchfork raising, and talked about it's bonuses over the ps5. It wasn't a failure. They set out for this and did exactly the message they wanted.
  • Throni360Throni3602,545,667
  • NBA KirklandNBA Kirkland2,070,808
    Posted on 24 July 20 at 19:51
    KasugaSama said:
    NBA Kirkland said:
    Who's "we?"
    They say their names in the first two minutes! warning
    You couldn't just tell me? laugh
    It's Heidi, Sean, and Rich in case anyone else is wondering.
    @NBAKirkland
  • Posted on 24 July 20 at 20:23
    Great podcast! Go Heidi!! headspin
  • KodingKoding1,006,735
    Posted on 24 July 20 at 20:32
    Great job guys!
    75 LEGO game completions on 6 different platforms across TA, TT, and TSA! Over 4,300 achievements and trophies earned in LEGO games!
  • brooza664brooza664376,193
    Posted on 24 July 20 at 21:19
    Not showing up in my podcast feed yet.
    I think I worded that terribly
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 July 20 at 21:25
    Throni360 said:
    JohnnyInterfnk said:

Very, Very, VERY well put my friend!!! I couldn't agree more with every word you had to say... A+ summary of the showcase IMO.
    A simple bad habit will mar an otherwise flawless character, as a single ink drop soils the pure white page.
  • Removed Gamer

Removed Gamer

Posted on 24 July 20 at 22:18
    Nope.
    What's a twip? something a wabbit is on when he wides on a twain - Elmer Fudd.
  • Posted on 24 July 20 at 23:06
    Loved the podcast! Definitely do more.
  • CanezzaCanezza267,691
    Posted on 25 July 20 at 00:07
    TheWrestlingGod said:
    Loved the podcast! Definitely do more.
    toast
    TA & TT Staff Writer. Twitter: @SeanC159
  • ChillzChillz295,352
    Posted on 25 July 20 at 00:09
    Would be great to have the regular weekly podcast back
    Chillz
  • Posted on 25 July 20 at 04:47
    Enjoyed the podcast, definitely do more if you have the time.
  • WebManWebMan1,287,638
    Posted on 25 July 20 at 04:49
    Great podcast. I love to hear your voices talking about Xbox games. PLEASE bring back a regular recurring podcast. Just hearing the theme manic at the start puts me in a good mood.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.
Hide ads
Hide ads