Gaming News

All the latest Xbox and gaming news. Only TA Newshounds can post in this forum.

Double Kick Heroes achievement list revealed

• z3nithz3nith1,744,119
    Posted on 01 August 20 at 00:09
    I hope this shit has a saxophone peripheral, to achieve maximum gameplay immersion
  • New ParalyzerNew Paralyzer1,338,195
    Posted on 01 August 20 at 00:19
    14G and 66G.

Nope.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,001,552
    Posted on 01 August 20 at 01:41
    New Paralyzer said:
    14G and 66G.

Nope.
    Why does that matter? Is that an OCD thing?
  • AnxsighetyAnxsighety1,934,814
    Posted on 01 August 20 at 06:28
    New Paralyzer said:
    14G and 66G.

Nope.
    They’re both on the easier side so I don’t get your point. I don’t like it either but at least it’s not the extreme difficulty stuff. So who cares.
    Posted on 01 August 20 at 09:19
    Anxsighety said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    14G and 66G.

Nope.
    They’re both on the easier side so I don’t get your point. I don’t like it either but at least it’s not the extreme difficulty stuff. So who cares.
    Oh that's different. It's not a problem when it's the gimmes. It's gross having your overall GS be different.
  • Clad masterClad master3,632,548
    Posted on 01 August 20 at 11:37
    If I can use my old GH or RB guitar controller I definitely can't waiiiiiit rock
  • CODYWWE24CODYWWE2494,233
    Posted on 01 August 20 at 14:52
    New Paralyzer said:
    Anxsighety said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    14G and 66G.

Nope.
    Oh that's different. It's not a problem when it's the gimmes. It's gross having your overall GS be different.
    You people take gaming score way to serious.
    Posted on 03 August 20 at 08:54
    CODYWWE24 said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    Anxsighety said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    14G and 66G.

Nope.
    Or I have massive anxiety, especially with numbers. Thanks for chiming in though pal.
  • EarthboundXEarthboundX2,001,552
    Posted on 03 August 20 at 13:52
    Anxsighety said:
    CODYWWE24 said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    Anxsighety said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    14G and 66G.

Nope.
    Or I have massive anxiety, especially with numbers. Thanks for chiming in though pal.
    So it is an OCD thing? That sucks, I have some form of it myself, but it's a pretty mild form.
  • Posted on 03 August 20 at 15:34
    OH NO MY NUMBER IS ALL MESSED UP. OH NO
    Come on man, play the game and have fun.
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 23:19
    EarthboundX said:
    Anxsighety said:
    CODYWWE24 said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    Anxsighety said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    14G and 66G.

Nope.
    So it is an OCD thing? That sucks, I have some form of it myself, but it's a pretty mild form.
    100% for me, I normally don't care if they're on the easier side, but I will play until they're all unlocked to make it even again. Doesn't matter how long it takes. I'm not overly crazy with my OCD regarding gamerscore, but I have an issue with 5's/multiples of 5 with normal things/activities in life... so uneven gamerscore just causes me stress.
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 23:20
    IronMonkey415 said:
    OH NO MY NUMBER IS ALL MESSED UP. OH NO
    Come on man, play the game and have fun.
    Not that simple for everyone.
  • Posted on 29 August 20 at 20:04
    For me having it end on anything other than 5 or 0 will always be a reminder of that particular game forever and having not completed it.
  • Posted on 30 August 20 at 04:36
    So is this a game about numbers? I'm seeing a lot of talk about 66 or something.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76743,882
    Posted on 31 August 20 at 09:58
    Anxsighety said:
    CODYWWE24 said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    Anxsighety said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    14G and 66G.

Nope.
    While I understand that that probably sucks, I have to say that I don't really understand why you're on this site, which is heavily number-focused and pretty much every number is crooked and there's not much you can do about it in most cases? (Honestly curious, no offense or anything.)

Hairy Cabbage said:
    So is this a game about numbers? I'm seeing a lot of talk about 66 or something.
    666... the number of the beast... because all metal is about devil worshipping, you know? Also a famous song by Iron Maiden. Also, the game is about beating the devil. (Judging by the achievements. Haven't made it that far yet myself.) I guess they didn't want to make one achievement worth 666 G, so they made it 66, for killing 666 hens.
    Posted on 31 August 20 at 17:27
    SilentJay76 said:
    Anxsighety said:
    CODYWWE24 said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    Anxsighety said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    14G and 66G.

Nope.
    While I understand that that probably sucks, I have to say that I don't really understand why you're on this site, which is heavily number-focused and pretty much every number is crooked and there's not much you can do about it in most cases? (Honestly curious, no offense or anything.)

Hairy Cabbage said:
    666... the number of the beast... because all metal is about devil worshipping, you know? Also a famous song by Iron Maiden. Also, the game is about beating the devil. (Judging by the achievements. Haven't made it that far yet myself.) I guess they didn't want to make one achievement worth 666 G, so they made it 66, for killing 666 hens.
    I mean... the “true achievement” number is the only one that is an issue, and considering it isn’t built into the Xbox or part of it at all allows me to mostly ignore it. The fact it’s constantly changing and allows for zero control also changes how it impacts me. I have control over my gamerscore, unlocked achievements, completions, etc. so those are the ones I focus on.
    Posted on 31 August 20 at 23:30
    I can get the not understanding of why Odd score is an user to some people.

What I can't get is why some people can't get this is an achievement tracking site where people care about these numbers lol.

This is what we do here on TA haha.
  • SilentJay76SilentJay76743,882
    Posted on 01 September 20 at 08:34
    New Paralyzer said:
    What I can't get is why some people can't get this is an achievement tracking site where people care about these numbers lol.

This is what we do here on TA haha.
    The only thing I don't get is people quite literally ruining their gaming experience by focusing exclusively on achievements (and then complaining about it.)

You can enjoy unlocking achievements while still having fun actually playing games. There are too many people here who seem to have completely forgotten that.

Won't play Gears 5 because the achievements are too grindy? OK, your loss. Won't play Double Kick Heroes because uneven GS? Shame, it's actually a pretty fun game (if you're into metal and/or retro gaming.)

But to each his own. I just don't understand it. Sure, even numbers are pretty. But I'm not gonna let it stop me from playing something I want to play.

PS: Microsoft never said that GS has to be even. So that seems like a rather arbitrary limitation.

PPS: Sure, I'd love to hit my next milestone at 300000 exactly. Nice. But quite frankly, I'd love it even more if I manage 333333 down the line. smile
  • Boots OrionBoots Orion914,301
    Posted on 03 September 20 at 18:51
    CODYWWE24 said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    Anxsighety said:
    New Paralyzer said:
    14G and 66G.

Nope.
    This is rich coming from a guy with exactly 82000 TA.
    This comment has been approved by Boots Orion.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.