The Bargain Bin

Forum for discussing where to pick up cheap deals

Xbox One Sale Roundup: August 4th, 2020

• Matodion 1stMatodion 1st503,513
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 16:49, Edited on 05 August 20 at 12:47 by Matodion 1st
    fabiodaniel11 said:
    Matodion 1st said:
    The uk marketplace pricing is just weird, The Evil Within digital Bundle cost the same as the base copy.
    But different % of discount. Techniques to get you buying the bundle (70% of discount). Because the bundle have a bigger discount than the game only (60% of discount).
    Is not weird, it's just the effect of a smart marketing.
    Super smart and if customer own a physical copy, they get to sell them a digital copy with bundle hence they get them to buy the same game twice while boasting total sales record. That's sure gonna improve franchise viability to investorss for a sequel or prequel or midquel or paraquel.

Also its a great way to adjust customer base's expectation of publisher's value proposition enough to generate new revenue streams in the future such as $1 per game save states like Metal gear survive or better yet $2 to download director's video commentary. Smart marketing indeed.
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 16:51, Edited on 05 August 20 at 11:52 by Matodion 1st
    MaxMar5 said:
    Rista B said:
    Fallout 4 season pass vs. Fallout 4 game of the year edition...laugh
    I hate these fake deals. Who will buy the season pass when they get the full bundle for less. Also, this discourages buying the game early.
    here, here! toast
  • Posted on 04 August 20 at 17:12
    Seitzz said:
    Looks like another week to pass on
    Doom, Doom 2 & Doom 64 for me, $2.49 each !!!
  • brayargbrayarg490,312
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 17:45
    It seems to get cheaper and cheaper with every sale, division 2 warlords of New York dlc, I'm really tempted but I've this feeling its gonna get cheaper and cheaper still.
  • The NotoThe Noto384,590
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 18:29
    Thinking about that Arkane bundle, the Doom Slayers set and Evil Within 2. That should more than hold me over until Cyberpunk 2077 and the X1X...
  • BIG SH0RTYBIG SH0RTY503,934
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 20:10
    I'll take DOOM 64 for that price all day, already have the other ones.
  • Posted on 04 August 20 at 21:36
    Am I underestimating Artifex Mundi or do they review bot their own titles? It sure seems odd how those games randomly seem to get so many 5 star ratings on Xbox when the percentage of people who do rate something seems VERY low.
  • Posted on 04 August 20 at 21:39
    Nothing for me, hopefully soon.
  • Brelen RavenBrelen Raven160,662
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 21:54
    Finally gonna get to play current-gen Skyrim and ESO. Let's gooooo
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 22:31
    OurEvilLetterP7 said:
    Am I underestimating Artifex Mundi or do they review bot their own titles? It sure seems odd how those games randomly seem to get so many 5 star ratings on Xbox when the percentage of people who do rate something seems VERY low.
    Maybe 4 stars, their games have been good fun for me so far. I really enjoyed Enigmatis, Grim Legends and Nightmares from the deep.
  • ShinnizleShinnizle972,256
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 22:39
    OurEvilLetterP7 said:
    Maybe. But while HOG's aren't the most popular games out there, Artifex Mundi have pretty much set the bar for them, so in that way, I'm not surprised
    Broke is a state of wallet. Poverty is a state of mind.
    Posted on 04 August 20 at 22:45
    Shinnizle said:
    OurEvilLetterP7 said:
    Maybe. But while HOG's aren't the most popular games out there, Artifex Mundi have pretty much set the bar for them, so in that way, I'm not surprised
    toast
  • Posted on 04 August 20 at 23:54
    Tempting to buy New York expansion for Tom Clancy's Division 2, especially since the game only cost me £7.00 way back.
    Mr Bear if you dare
  • DDevDDev406,897
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 08:20
    Doom Eternal at that price wins me over here.
    Gears player since 06'
  • AllgorhythmAllgorhythm436,153
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 14:13
    I recommend any and all of the Dishonored games
  • taximiketaximike294,057
    Posted on 05 August 20 at 15:10
    is the Doom Eternal DLC ever coming out?
  • FinderKeeperFinderKeeper115,163
    Posted on 06 August 20 at 05:53
    XI AlphaMale IX said:
    Does RAGE 2: Deluxe Pack only include one DLC and not the other? Am I reading that correctly?
    That is correct. And the one that's not included isn't available a la carte in the store; you have to use micro-transaction coins to get it within the game. facepalm

Pretty much puts me off buying the game at all. The mixed reviews don't help (apparently the shooting gameplay is excellent, but the open-world implementation is poor).
    "That was such über-pwnage." --Kyle Broflovski
  • Stevo6483Stevo6483233,108
    Posted on 08 August 20 at 08:53
    MaxMar5 said:
    Rista B said:
    I hate these fake deals. Who will buy the season pass when they get the full bundle for less. Also, this discourages buying the game early.
    No it doesn't. The game has been out for years so it should come as no surprise that you can pick it up for less in a sale along with the add-ons, especially so long after release. Many people will pay full price on Day 1 so they can play it when it's new and fresh and are happy to do so. It's the same with everything, not just games.
    Stoke me a clipper, I'll be back for Christmas... Whatever!
    Posted on 08 August 20 at 09:28, Edited on 08 August 20 at 09:45 by Matodion 1st
    Stevo6483 said:
    MaxMar5 said:
    Rista B said:
    No it doesn't. The game has been out for years so it should come as no surprise that you can pick it up for less in a sale along with the add-ons, especially so long after release. Many people will pay full price on Day 1 so they can play it when it's new and fresh and are happy to do so. It's the same with everything, not just games.
    What MaxMar5 is saying is that the only item really on sale is the goty not the season pass considering the discount is undoubtedly meant to favour the goty.

Also Everybody who has fallout 4 since 2015 and still interested in more content wants the season pass but then, why would the publisher sell the pass at £5 when they can trick us into buying the season pass bundled with an extra digital copy of the game we already own for £14.99 especially since it will also boost the fallout 4 all time sales records thereby reflecting franchise viability to investors since fallout 76 ain't doing so hot.
Want to join in the discussion? Please log in or Register For Free to comment.